The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

:freu1::freu1::freu1:

Are you kidding me? Please be serious. Oh.  Those are just for points?  I thought another goal. Sigh......

Edited by electron58
1 minute ago, electron58 said:

Are you kidding me? Please be serious. 

I'll try, but no promises. :freu1:

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

1st pro goal

1st 2 goal game

1st 3 point game

1st  pro win

1st game winner 

That's 5 firsts plus the Hobey. Sure, there will be doubters, but for now, we have anticipational hope.  👍

2 minutes ago, habby67 said:

Average game folks. Let’s underestimate him before MB trades him away for something ridiculous.

Maybe now, MB trades Drouin +++ for a top level LD.

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

1st pro goal

1st 2 goal game

1st 3 point game

1st  pro win

1st game winner 

Only 2G and 1 A,,,,,, what a slacker. :ph34r:

10 hours ago, caperns61 said:

I know only one game, but 3 points, 2 goals and he leads all players on both teams with 5 shots on net tonight. If your a fan you have to love this first game :)

I watched the game and thought he skated very well but there's a big jump from the AHL to the show - I hope he has a good 10 game segment here before rushing him up to the big club. I am excited for his progressions. Poehling had quite the nice goal on a setup. Not sure about Ryan's 200 ft. game yet - he may project better out as a LW depth vs. centre

3 minutes ago, claremont said:

I watched the game and thought he skated very well but there's a big jump from the AHL to the show - I hope he has a good 10 game segment here before rushing him up to the big club. I am excited for his progressions. Poehling had quite the nice goal on a setup. Not sure about Ryan's 200 ft. game yet - he may project better out as a LW depth vs. centre

I agree only one game and it is a big jump. But it was a big jump to his Junior team from midget, it was a big from his Junior team to NCAA, it was a big jump from NCAA to AHL. He has done it at every level, he may not do it at the NHL level, he may go his next ten games in the AHL and struggle. But it someone was to take a bet, at this point they should bet on Caufield..

Bouchard tipped his hat to University of Wisconsin head coach Tony Granato and his staff for how they helped develop Caufield over the past two seasons, noting the 5-foot-7, 170-pound right-winger has put on some muscle while becoming quicker and more dynamic. Bouchard added that there are still things he can teach Caufield about playing without the puck.

“It’s easier to teach this than to teach how to score goals, that’s for sure,” Bouchard said. “I cannot teach what he did tonight.” :4322:

22 minutes ago, caperns61 said:

I agree only one game and it is a big jump. But it was a big jump to his Junior team from midget, it was a big from his Junior team to NCAA, it was a big jump from NCAA to AHL. He has done it at every level, he may not do it at the NHL level, he may go his next ten games in the AHL and struggle. But it someone was to take a bet, at this point they should bet on Caufield..

Bouchard tipped his hat to University of Wisconsin head coach Tony Granato and his staff for how they helped develop Caufield over the past two seasons, noting the 5-foot-7, 170-pound right-winger has put on some muscle while becoming quicker and more dynamic. Bouchard added that there are still things he can teach Caufield about playing without the puck.

“It’s easier to teach this than to teach how to score goals, that’s for sure,” Bouchard said. “I cannot teach what he did tonight.” :4322:

A lot of players go from the NCAA to NHL and do great. It's college hockey not juniors where you play against kids and the oldest are 19. He should be given a chance bring him up.

47 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Maybe they changed it. Went in off his skate from what i saw.

Just heard on the TV, that Caufield got the game winner this afternoon.  So, H_T_L,  you are CORRECT!

47 minutes ago, electron58 said:

All about firsts. We didn't want to see his first slump. He's too exciting!

That will happen when he gets called up and planted on the 4th line or taxi squad.

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

That will happen when he gets called up and planted on the 4th line or taxi squad.

Maybe Bouchard comes with him.  And a few more Rockets. He puts players in a position to succeed. 

Edited by electron58