The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

32 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Why not let him play in Laval then? No clue about their schedule and too lazy to look it up, so apologies if this is an unwarranted rant :P

Edited by ChiLla
5 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Why not let him play in Laval then? No clue about their schedule and too lazy to look it up, so apologies if this is an unwarranted rant :P

They dont play for like another week. They had a few games cancelled because of Covid protocol (not the rocket, the other team - marlies i think)

5 minutes ago, maas_art said:

They dont play for like another week. They had a few games cancelled because of Covid protocol (not the rocket, the other team - marlies i think)

Thanks, in that case I‘ll happily take back my rant and think it’s a great idea to gibe him some practice time with NHLers instead 👍🏻

1 minute ago, ChiLla said:

Thanks, in that case I‘ll happily take back my rant and think it’s a great idea to gibe him some practice time with NHLers instead 👍🏻

haha. yup.  It will be interesting, if we clear some cap space, if he gets a few games in. I guess practice might determine that too. 

7 hours ago, H_T_L said:

6 hours ago, maas_art said:

haha. yup.  It will be interesting, if we clear some cap space, if he gets a few games in. I guess practice might determine that too. 

According to Renaud Lavoie the cap is one problem but the other problem is that MB has already mismanaged the team... each team is only allowed 4 recalls after the trade deadline passes, and apparently, MB has already used 3 of his 4. So if they recall Caufield, then that's the end of it they can't bring up anyone else unless it's an emergency injury recall. So we're stuck with Staal and so on.

10 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

According to Renaud Lavoie the cap is one problem but the other problem is that MB has already mismanaged the team... each team is only allowed 4 recalls after the trade deadline passes, and apparently, MB has already used 3 of his 4. So if they recall Caufield, then that's the end of it they can't bring up anyone else unless it's an emergency injury recall. So we're stuck with Staal and so on.

Oof. For real?  I mean it doesnt surprise me but oh man. 

55 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I think bergevin is saving it for CC.

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

Everybody playing professional hockey games but CC. Just missed his second game with the Rocket to be a spectator with the Habs. Great development. 

IMO, he's leaning. 

9 hours ago, electron58 said:

Everybody playing professional hockey games but CC. Just missed his second game with the Rocket to be a spectator with the Habs. Great development. 

So true this is just beyond insanity. The only way you really learn the game is to play the game. 

I really think the plan was to play him however with the cap situation and having to call up Primeau due to Price injury they cannot use him. It s unfortunate however let's not think for one minute that putting him in the line up is our answer to the inconsistancy this team has showed all year. I thought they played a good game against the Oilers other than the last 2:34 where they abandoned ship but they came up short last night. No intensity and they left Calgary wide open in the slot far too many times. Allen once again stood on his head with no reward. I really feel for this guy!

9 hours ago, electron58 said:

The plan was to use him ... then Price got hurt again so both cap and callup limits were issues.

He will be playing soon! we lost last night for the same reason we lost a lot of games this year no goals. this is his wheelhouse scoring goals.even a couple more here and there would have made a difference don't forget we are missing a 30 goal man in Gally right now.

37 minutes ago, HabsAlways said:

The plan was to use him ... then Price got hurt again so both cap and callup limits were issues.

They still have one call up left. Why waste it on not using it? They think Staal is the answer? Playing him now would be huge for his development.  Does anybody think he doesn't have a better shot than anybody else on this team? Has anybody else on this team produced as much as CC, before reaching the NHL? Anybody? Give him his chance, NOW!

52 minutes ago, richard464 said:

I really think the plan was to play him however with the cap situation and having to call up Primeau due to Price injury they cannot use him. It s unfortunate however let's not think for one minute that putting him in the line up is our answer to the inconsistancy this team has showed all year. I thought they played a good game against the Oilers other than the last 2:34 where they abandoned ship but they came up short last night. No intensity and they left Calgary wide open in the slot far too many times. Allen once again stood on his head with no reward. I really feel for this guy!

Might not be the answer for our inconsistent play,  but would open up the power play so much more. I would think,  that we should be good for at least 1 PP goal per game, and in these games, that could be the difference. Right now, we don't have that type of weapon. We have guys that can shoot, but for whatever reason, choose not to. If I'm GM, I  do what it takes to win.

16 minutes ago, electron58 said:

They still have one call up left. Why waste it on not using it? They think Staal is the answer? Playing him now would be huge for his development.  Does anybody think he doesn't have a better shot than anybody else on this team? Has anybody else on this team produced as much as CC, before reaching the NHL? Anybody? Give him his chance, NOW!

And if you use that last call up on Caufield ... and need it for a D? or G? what then?