The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marco Scandella

BigTed3

1 hour ago, HabsAlways said:

Right ... now imagine what Price, Weber, Petry, Tatar, Kovalchuk should all return?  Now imagine most of those picks/prospects panning out and how good we would potentially be 2-3 years from now, you know when Price, Weber, Petry were over the hill.

Some of those guys (Weber, Price) would be better to trade in the offseason because it would mean major reshuffling of rosters but I agree. If you're not going to be in your prime when our young roster is, you're fair game to be traded. 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Some of those guys (Weber, Price) would be better to trade in the offseason because it would mean major reshuffling of rosters but I agree. If you're not going to be in your prime when our young roster is, you're fair game to be traded. 

Presumably any deal involving Price gets you back their starter or backup ... some teams, that backup is better than our current guys with the exception of Primeau .. you roll rest of season with that goalie and Lindgren.      If the goalie coming back is UFA fine, but ideally it's somebody who is signed for 2-3 years to fill the gap while Primeau matures.

For Weber, same scenario .. you take back the 1st, prospect and a UFA right defenceman who can fill in for the rest of the season.

Take Oilers for example and sending Weber there ... Weber for their 1st, Puljujarvi and Kris Russell

or 

To Oilers Price for 1st round, Puljujarvi, Mike Smith and any other UFAs they want to dump to work the cap (Sam Gagner, Kris Russell)

There are deals out there for Weber, Price ... its whether Bergevin has the cohanas and smarts to do them.    Sure trading those two won't be easy and it will take specific teams with specific needs ... but I'm sure something with picks, prospects and UFA dumps coming back could be found.

• H_T_L locked this topic