The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Ex Habs

kinot-2

On 3/12/2021 at 5:53 PM, BigTed3 said:

Provocative interview with Georges Laracque on Dale Weise's new podcast... they discussed their time with the team and specifically the PK Subban saga. Among the things they brought up:

- Michel Therrien hated PK Subban and went out of his way to bash him and show the team video of every mistake he made.

- Therrien ripped Subban for always being in a good mood.

- Therrien and the coaches told the young D men on the team not to play or behave like Subban and said they wouldn't be welcome here if they did.

- The Habs tore Subban apart at his arbitration hearing and almost made him cry with some of the mean things they said about him. Laracque and Weise agreed that it was one of the worst arbitrations they had heard about and said any other player would have asked out of Montreal after that, but Subban loved the city, his teammates, and the organization and wanted to stay.

- And the kicker... Weise adds that the team was told to vote on the captaincy and that the players all knew who had voted for who. He says when they counted up votes, there was no way that Pacioretty had more votes that PK. He says the organization put it to a vote and then just overrode the result when Subban won. Weise says Subban was actually loved by most of his teammates and had the support of most of the locker room, but not the coach and GM.

So really supports what you see on social media, where guys like Markov and Weise and Galchenyuk and Price and Gomez and even Pacioretty and so on have all said the team got along well with Subban, likely outside of a couple of guys like Gallagher and Plekanec who clearly did not like him. But shocking to hear that the team went above and beyond to hate on him and block him from being captain when he won the vote. Really goes to show how much of a terrible person Michel Therrien is.

This was so obvious at the time. I don't know why it took so long to get rid of Therrien.  I couldn't stand him, and you have to think that Bergevin knew. If Molson knew, he should have gotten rid of the whole management team then and there. We would probably be in a much better place now.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Reports out of Russia that Alexei Emelin has developed "acute liver failure" and is being prepared for needing a liver transplant. Wishing him the best for a recovery.

Ouch. sad news. 

prayerfully he gets what’s Needed. 

20 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Last I heard he was injured a couple of weeks ago... i dont think he's an ex hab though unless i missed something? 

Yes. On roster. 

I wish there was a good source to know about injuries in the AHL. Fluery too. Mysak? 

1 hour ago, dreegking said:

Yes. On roster. 

I wish there was a good source to know about injuries in the AHL. Fluery too. Mysak? 

Right but this is the EX habs thread - so, like players who are no longer with the organization... 

23 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Looks like a great trade from our perspective B)

I liked Domi & i think that with the right adjustment to his game he could be a really high-impact player but i am not sure he'll ever get there if he keeps making dumb decisions like this.  Im more than happy with the trade now (even if i thought it was a slight overpayment at the time). 

13 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

It's hereditary. 

Yup. Father and son sharing the same single brain cell. Never was a fan and more then happy to see him gone. Left a bad taste in my mouth when i saw him put on the jersey.