The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

12 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

This is for all of the anti-maskers everywhere. Please feel free to volunteer at you local hospital on the Covid floor. 

It still stuns me that people actually make the effort to participate in these anti mask protests. You make the effort to wear clothes because it's the law and yet wearing a face covering is such a chore. In the majority of cases i'm sure people appreciate the law about wearing clothing. Don't need to see that.:lol:

26 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

It still stuns me that people actually make the effort to participate in these anti mask protests. You make the effort to wear clothes because it's the law and yet wearing a face covering is such a chore. In the majority of cases i'm sure people appreciate the law about wearing clothing. Don't need to see that.:lol:

Over 70 million people just voted for Donald Trump.  Nothing will ever shock me again.

10 hours ago, maas_art said:

Over 70 million people just voted for Donald Trump.  Nothing will ever shock me again.

Uhhhhhh, Trudeau actually said today that "We're not out of this crisis yet". Gee, when did that light-bulb come on? 

7 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Uhhhhhh, Trudeau actually said today that "We're not out of this crisis yet". Gee, when did that light-bulb come on? 

That actually puts him ahead of Trump who's still too busy trying to overturn the election.  But then, he doesn't care about the public anyway.  

The mask part is the part I have the biggest issue with. I can sort of understand “play dates” (for the kids’ mental health, which is important) and “travel” (would need more information, could be done safely) mean.... but the “I don’t mask out” is totally unforgivable. I can appreciate that we are all trying to learn something new (or some people are just in a RUSH to deny it’s a problem)... like practicing social distancing, adjust to mask usage when we needed to... it has been quite a year. But seriously, I am sick of anti-maskers and their disgusting hubris.

26 minutes ago, Rancho said:

The mask part is the part I have the biggest issue with. I can sort of understand “play dates” (for the kids’ mental health, which is important) and “travel” (would need more information, could be done safely) mean.... but the “I don’t mask out” is totally unforgivable. I can appreciate that we are all trying to learn something new (or some people are just in a RUSH to deny it’s a problem)... like practicing social distancing, adjust to mask usage when we needed to... it has been quite a year. But seriously, I am sick of anti-maskers and their disgusting hubris.

This.

What i find ridiculous are the people who say "oh my gosh i cant wear a mask for 5 minutes" while hospital and first stage responders have been doing it for 8+ hrs a day every days.  I understand that there are a TINY fraction of the population who may have valid reasons for not wearing a mask but its a minuscule amount of legitimate cases. 

19 hours ago, maas_art said:

This.

What i find ridiculous are the people who say "oh my gosh i cant wear a mask for 5 minutes" while hospital and first stage responders have been doing it for 8+ hrs a day every days.  I understand that there are a TINY fraction of the population who may have valid reasons for not wearing a mask but its a minuscule amount of legitimate cases. 

It is ridiculous. There was a lady at one of our local grocery stores having a hissy fit after management approached her about wearing a mask, and she went on and on about being a doctor of all things and started listing reasons why masks were not needed or effective. The manager asked her to name her practice so he could let people know her views on social media. Needless to say,,,she didn't divulge it. Made my day.:lol:.

20 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

It is ridiculous. There was a lady at one of our local grocery stores having a hissy fit after management approached her about wearing a mask, and she went on and on about being a doctor of all things and started listing reasons why masks were not needed or effective. The manager asked her to name her practice so he could let people know her views on social media. Needless to say,,,she didn't divulge it. Made my day.:lol:.

Maybe she works for Dr. Recchi? 

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

:4322:

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Maybe she works for Dr. Recchi? 

:4224:

On 10/12/2020 at 3:29 AM, Rancho said:

The mask part is the part I have the biggest issue with. I can sort of understand “play dates” (for the kids’ mental health, which is important) and “travel” (would need more information, could be done safely showbox.bio/) mean.... but the “I don’t mask out” is totally unforgivable. I can appreciate that we are all trying to learn something new (or some people are just in a RUSH to deny it’s a problem of tutuapp.uno/)... like practicing social distancing, adjust to mask usage when we needed to... it has been quite a year. But seriously, I am sick of anti-maskers and their disgusting hubris.

Hahahah I got this,..

On 12/20/2020 at 4:09 PM, H_T_L said:

Looks like the whole province will be in lock down on Christmas eve.

All of Ontario will go into lockdown on Boxing Day as the province tries to bring soaring COVID-19 cases under control.

The lockdown will remain in place for southern Ontario until Jan. 23, 2021 but will lift for northern Ontario on Jan. 9.2021

Something had to give. People just don't get it. Sadly, businesses will suffer, many, to the point of closing shop. But, it looks like we will have an NHL season.

On 12/7/2020 at 0:13 AM, kinot-2 said:

This is for all of the anti-maskers everywhere. Please feel free to volunteer at you local hospital on the Covid floor. 

We can now start with two high ranking Republicans who can doses of the Pfizer vaccine, assuming I have the right one, both of whom downplayed the virus.  One of them os reportedly Florida senator Marco Rubio.  

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

One good thing that has come out of the "masking up", is that I don't have to shave as much now, as no-one will notice. :freu1:

I've also noticed that the colder the weather outside gets, the less I'm minding covering my face.  I feel like the anti-maskers in wintery Canada shouldn't knock it before they try it. :P 

2 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

I've also noticed that the colder the weather outside gets, the less I'm minding covering my face.  I feel like the anti-maskers in wintery Canada shouldn't knock it before they try it. :P 

Ya, I noticed that the other day. It just feels warmer. 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

We know. We can smell you!

_97288714_captuj790re.jpg

:frech1:

• 3 weeks later...

Ya know, I just received a call from Jen, (daughter for those that don't know, she's on afternoon shift), she asked me where I was going this week, so I told her that I would be going to the grocery store, liquour store, and a convenience store. She then told me that she would do my grocery shopping for me, and to send her a list of things that she would buy for me. Lockdown #2 is officially on. :(

33 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Anybody in here have the pleasure of experiencing a Covid test?  What a treat.

Yes, I passed it... And was positive. Just before Christmas - lost taste and smell for 2 days... It was kinda weird to eat without those. 

12 minutes ago, CzechHab said:

Yes, I passed it... And was positive. Just before Christmas - lost taste and smell for 2 days... It was kinda weird to eat without those. 

I just now got results for mine, and fortunately they were negative for both my wife and i. We had to take in my aged mother on January 5th after a hospital stay because her residence was in outbreak and they wouldn't send her back there. At the time she had tested negative when admitted and they retested the day of discharge which ended up positive. We weren't informed of the positive test and didn't find out until a couple days after we had taken her in. It's been a tense time.