The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

On 2/13/2021 at 2:15 PM, H_T_L said:

Out of curiosity,,,,,  anybody had a vaccine shot yet? Only person i know is my daughter who had her 1st shot couple weeks ago because she's a PSW.

It seems like every province has its own schedule. In BC they have 4 phases - 
Phase 1 (Dec2020-Feb2021)    Healthcare workers, Elderly in care homes, Remote residents etc

Phase 2 (Feb-Mar 2021)  Elderly (over 80), High risk individuals

Phase 3 (April-June)  Seniors (60-79) and anyone 16 or older who is immune compromised

Phase 4 (July-Sept) everyone else.

So right now here, no one is really getting them unless they are in a care home, or a health care worker.     (FYI if you 'miss' your phase you can obviously be immunized in a later phase - so if you're over 80 you can still be immunized in phase 3 or 4).   

We'll see how they do. Hopefully by late summer this will all be well in gear.   I think the sooner the USA gets their vaccines administered, the better for us because once they've used up their 330 million (x2) doses, the pharmaceutical companies will still keep pumping them out so small countries like Canada should easily have any left over orders filled quickly. 

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Just wondering, with all of these vaccinations going on, I wonder how much each of these "shots" cost per shot?

It depends on the vaccine and how much each country is buying. It looks like the pharma companies are charging somewhere between $15-20 per dose (x2 per person) but then there's the cost of the staff, the facilities, PPE etc etc.

It looks like most reports are $30-40 per dose, so $60-80 to vaccinate each person.  As HTL said, we'll likely all be paying for it (and the whole pandemic) in our taxes but at least we dont have to pay up front like some countries. 

My hairdresser is open. YEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Just a question. I am here taking my temp. (oral, not rectal, cuz, I'm sure someone will bring that up) twice a day, and it's normal. What does it take to have to go to a testing site?

51 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Just a question. I am here taking my temp. (oral, not rectal, cuz, I'm sure someone will bring that up) twice a day, and it's normal. What does it take to have to go to a testing site?

For us, if you were symptomatic, you went to the hospital, where they have a command center set up. If you are asymptomatic, there are many pharmacies including Shoppers Drug Mart, where you can go. They are very strict as to being symptomatic & asymptomatic. When I went to the hospital, I had booked it when I was showing symptoms. 5 days later, I wasn't showing any symptoms, so when the nurse asked me, I originally said no. But then she told me that they only test people with symptoms, and by this time, she was giving me a headache, so I told her that I have a headache. Otherwise, I would have been turned away. As it was, as I mentioned, I tested positive.

4 minutes ago, electron58 said:

For us, if you were symptomatic, you went to the hospital, where they have a command center set up. If you are asymptomatic, there are many pharmacies including Shoppers Drug Mart, where you can go. They are very strict as to being symptomatic & asymptomatic. When I went to the hospital, I had booked it when I was showing symptoms. 5 days later, I wasn't showing any symptoms, so when the nurse asked me, I originally said no. But then she told me that they only test people with symptoms, and by this time, she was giving me a headache, so I told her that I have a headache. Otherwise, I would have been turned away. As it was, as I mentioned, I tested positive.

ARRRGGGHHHH, Stay away from me. 

OK, just kidding, 58. :P

9 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Any flu or cold symptoms here in Canada. If you've been in contact with somebody who tested positive but you yourself don't have symptoms,, they recommend you self isolate for 10 days and self monitor. If you have symptoms, then quarantine for 14 days.

13 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

One of your daughters will tell you!!!

Two Florida women attempted to get a second vaccine by disguising themselves as elderly grannies.  They were caught when police noticed irregularities with their drivers' licenses.  It is unclear what disguises they used to get their first shots.  They were issued trespass warnings.  The biggest question is how many times people have tried this move.  

• 3 weeks later...

Ya know, why don't businesses just post a sign that says "No Mask, No shirt, No shoes, No service"? 

If I was the owner of a business, and someone came in not wearing a mask, I would instantly call the cops. 

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya know, why don't businesses just post a sign that says "No Mask, No shirt, No shoes, No service"? 

If I was the owner of a business, and someone came in not wearing a mask, I would instantly call the cops. 

Just wondering.  Do they still allow people with medical conditions (respiratory) to not wear masks? The reason I say that, is that I have on occasion, seen the odd person not wearing a mask. Just wondering, if this is a thing.   And then, how would you know? What can anybody say? I think it just makes things confusing.

5 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

States are easing restrictions despite a growing threat from variants.  What's the situation everywhere else?  

Newfoundland is still in lockdown. On the Avalon peninsula anyway. I think the rest of the province is in a slightly less restrictive alert level. It's working though. We had an outbreak of one of the variants, we all stayed home, and now things are returning to normal from a case count perspective.

My wife and older sister got their 1st shot yesterday and are scheduled for their 2nd on April 11th. They are both deemed as designated caregivers for my mother. Not sure when i'll be in line for mine. Last date i've heard is June, but things have accelerated since then. I'm hopeful for early May. 

Seemed like a really smooth process for both of them here in Niagara. I'm hearing differently in Hamilton. Lot of confusion over there.

My mother is scheduled for her 2nd shot in a couple weeks and my PSW daughter has now had both shots. Light at the end of the tunnel although it's still pretty dim.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:11 AM, CANADIENS27 said:

Two Florida women attempted to get a second vaccine by disguising themselves as elderly grannies.  They were caught when police noticed irregularities with their drivers' licenses.  It is unclear what disguises they used to get their first shots.  They were issued trespass warnings.  The biggest question is how many times people have tried this move.  

Oh! I think i saw them!

article_5310_ajVioBw0lc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Six more Asians have been targeted and it is suspected these cases in Atlanta are related to Covid virus.  Since the start of the pandemic, crimes against Asians have skyrocketed a reported 150%.  How serious is this problem elsewhere?  

4 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Any idea which one your getting?

Not sure which one, but I just read that the Alzerna shot is 79% effective. I have never hat a flu shot and have only had the flu once in the last 20 years. My daughter would kill me if I didn't get the shot. 

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Not sure which one, but I just read that the Alzerna shot is 79% effective. I have never hat a flu shot and have only had the flu once in the last 20 years. My daughter would kill me if I didn't get the shot. 

I'll take anything they give me.:)

43 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

I'll take anything they give me.:)

My wife and I have had the first of Phizer. I know of people who have had both shots of either Phizer or Maderna and everything went well! The only problem here in the states , I know of a lot of people who don't want any shot. Of course the same ones who want everything open at once. Which BTY will happen sooner if everyone gets their shots!!!