The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

8 minutes ago, richard464 said:

Why in hell are we still allowing international flights into Canada?? That is what brought the damn virus here and we are still allowing 30-40,000 a day into Pearson?

ask Doug Ford , he'll refer you to Trudeau .

2 hours ago, richard464 said:

Why in hell are we still allowing international flights into Canada?? That is what brought the damn virus here and we are still allowing 30-40,000 a day into Pearson?

The thing is, we're allowing flights in with passengers with active cases. Like, HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE.

2 hours ago, richard464 said:

Double post. 

Edited by habs1952
27 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

The thing is, we're allowing flights in with passengers with active cases. Like, HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE.

Doug Ford stupid 

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

Yes. International is Federal. 

I know but someone get a spine snd shut it down not let everyone come in and then get together in a hotel 

Edited by Regis22
On 4/16/2021 at 1:30 PM, habs1952 said:

as they still allow the importation of Covid and its variants from India and Brazil. 

Isn't that a "racist" statement. :P

On 4/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, habs1952 said:

You can walk in a store around a bunch of people and breathe stagnant air but you can't walk outside in fresh air on a golf course with 3 playing partners. I know a lot of people would be upset if golf courses were allowed to remain open(and this is the ONLY reason they're closed) but as a senior I'm passed being upset at the morons who don't give a damn about the rest of us. 

You "have" 3 golfing partners? Just asking. :rolleyes:

WOW!!! Big announcement today from the Premier. He was sobing and apologised for his inability to handle this situation this morning at 10:00 am. He indicated that they are working on the sick pay which should have been done last year. Not one word about banning all of the international flights coming into Pearson or tightening the border to stop those returning from the Southern states by landing in Buffalo and walking across the international bridge to Canada. Here they are given a box with a test kit (which will not be used) and they are told to stay home for 14 days. (which they will not do). These people left the country when they were told not to and are now just walking back into Canada. Those flying to Toronto have to stay in a hotel for $2,000? Does anyone see problem here?

India had over 300,000 cases yesterday alone! The flights continue to arrive daily?

In the year 2030 Doug Ford will be on TV with yet another special broadcast which will say, "My friends...I am here today to announce the government of Ontario is applying the emergency break.........."

What in the hell is wrong with these poeple. Ban all air traffic for six weeks!!!!!!! Shut down all the companies that are not producing essential items, and close all non essential businesses including curbside pickup. 

Ford doesn’t have authority to stop flights : that’s Trudeaus gig and I read they don’t want to place a ban on certain countries . Stop them all then

Edited by Regis22
1 hour ago, richard464 said:

WOW!!! Big announcement today from the Premier. He was sobing and apologised for his inability to handle this situation this morning at 10:00 am. He indicated that they are working on the sick pay which should have been done last year. Not one word about banning all of the international flights coming into Pearson or tightening the border to stop those returning from the Southern states by landing in Buffalo and walking across the international bridge to Canada. Here they are given a box with a test kit (which will not be used) and they are told to stay home for 14 days. (which they will not do). These people left the country when they were told not to and are now just walking back into Canada. Those flying to Toronto have to stay in a hotel for $2,000? Does anyone see problem here?

India had over 300,000 cases yesterday alone! The flights continue to arrive daily?

In the year 2030 Doug Ford will be on TV with yet another special broadcast which will say, "My friends...I am here today to announce the government of Ontario is applying the emergency break.........."

What in the hell is wrong with these poeple. Ban all air traffic for six weeks!!!!!!! Shut down all the companies that are not producing essential items, and close all non essential businesses including curbside pickup. 

All flights into and out of Canada  and domestic are the responsibility of the Turdeau government. All borders are the responsibility of the Turdeau government. So tell me, why do you blame Ford? I actually feel bad for the guy. So many things out of his control and so many people making different demands. Everyone has a different solution in their own interest ignoring the rest of the province.   

48 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

All flights into and out of Canada  and domestic are the responsibility of the Turdeau government. All borders are the responsibility of the Turdeau government. So tell me, why do you blame Ford? I actually feel bad for the guy. So many things out of his control and so many people making different demands. Everyone has a different solution in their own interest ignoring the rest of the province.   

Yeah,,, i admit i never voted for the guy, mainly because of his brother's legacy, but IMO he's doing the best he can with one hand tied behind his back. I don't agree with everything he does, but what politician do any of us agree with 100%?. What's refreshing is actually seeing one admit he made mistakes instead of deflecting and changing the subject.  

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Yeah,,, i admit i never voted for the guy, mainly because of his brother's legacy, but IMO he's doing the best he can with one hand tied behind his back. I don't agree with everything he does, but what politician do any of us agree with 100%?. What's refreshing is actually seeing one admit he made mistakes instead of deflecting and changing the subject.  

I really think he is one of the few politicians who cares. Other politicians are just grandstanding.

22 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

I really think he is one of the few politicians who cares. Other politicians are just grandstanding.

Like the nails on the chalkboard woman? :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Like the nails on the chalkboard woman? :rolleyes:

Yeah. I'll bet she can find fault with Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. 

On 4/22/2021 at 2:12 PM, H_T_L said:

I beleive that it was his father not brother?

On 4/22/2021 at 2:12 PM, H_T_L said:

At least he's trying and is accountable.  I, too,  do not agree with everything,  but he is more proactive than Trudeau & bergevin.