The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Anything Regarding the Virus Thread

kinot-2

Don't ask me how it feels to be pretty much house bound for the last year because of Covid and the people who want to flaunt the rules because they think they are the only people who matter. 

4 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Agreed,,,, it is a sensitive issue. I find when i'm discussing it with people that they don't have the whole story when they've formed an opinion. They don't ask questions and they don't look up facts. If we don't educate ourselves with debate and discussion then it leads to a lot of misconceptions. I had many members of my own family hesitant about vaccines but we've talked about it among ourselves and tried to sort through facts and falsehoods. Just about my entire family are now choosing to vaccinate. Fortunately we have a doctor in the family who's gone out of her way to make sure we all have the facts. I still have a brother who says he won't, along with a daughter but we're still hoping they have a change of heart.

The best way to approach this is as you've said,,, don't do it for yourself,, do it for others among your family and friends. It's a great attitude to have. I didn't get my shot for my sake as i pretty much have one of those " when it's your time it's your time" attitudes, but it would kill me if a loved one got it from me and had long lasting effects or worse,,, died.

Happy to hear your leaning towards getting yours. Hopefully our discussion has helped ease your mind.

I live in the US and I can not understand how a virus became political. The same people that want everything back to "normal" without restrictions are usually the same that are refusing to get the vaccine. The quickest way to get bet to normal is by a high enough percentage to become vaccinated. We unfortunately went through a Presidency that would deny science in favor of the all mighty dollar and politicize everything. Myself and my wife and most of our friends and family have been vaccinated fortunately. I have a lot of co workers and know a lot of others that are very resistant to take the vaccine. At one time we would do what is good for the nation. We are now polarized and beyond that. I hope everyone or at least a good majority will eventually get on board. I wish everyone the best. Hopefully some day we get beyond this. 

5 hours ago, campabee82 said:

If they were serious about the lockdown IMO they would need to shutdown the LCBO and Beer Stores and Pot Shops.  

I asked the same question elsewhere and the response I got was that there are people who are addicted and need these services open . Didn’t make any sense to me cause im not a smoker or a drinker 

2 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I live in the US and I can not understand how a virus became political. The same people that want everything back to "normal" without restrictions are usually the same that are refusing to get the vaccine. The quickest way to get bet to normal is by a high enough percentage to become vaccinated. We unfortunately went through a Presidency that would deny science in favor of the all mighty dollar and politicize everything. Myself and my wife and most of our friends and family have been vaccinated fortunately. I have a lot of co workers and know a lot of others that are very resistant to take the vaccine. At one time we would do what is good for the nation. We are now polarized and beyond that. I hope everyone or at least a good majority will eventually get on board. I wish everyone the best. Hopefully some day we get beyond this. 

Yes it's unfortunate the US had poor leadership when it came to following the science. Glad to see they've turned it around. That's why people need to discuss the facts rather then believe the misinformation. The vaccine hesistancy isn't a big issue here. Our problem is actually getting the doses. It's improving now as we play catch up. I hope reality sinks in with those using this as a political issue down there. We need all countries on board to beat this thing.

3 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

I asked the same question elsewhere and the response I got was that there are people who are addicted and need these services open . Didn’t make any sense to me cause im not a smoker or a drinker 

Not saying it makes sense in terms of where they drew the lines, cause I also did a double-take the first time I heard Quebec was keeping their liquor and pot stores open, but the thought I guess is that people who smoke and drink regularly are likely going to go out and find those things whether those stores are open or not. So either they're keeping them open or they're having people just having a lot of private gatherings or buying things on the black market like it's Prohibition again. I'm guessing they picked what they thought was the lesser of two evils.

5 hours ago, campabee82 said:I am just feeling like every time the government implements new lockdowns or protocols they overlook the obvious solutions. 

My issue is that we’ve been closed for what 5 + months and cases are continuing to increase . Each time they keep extending the lockdown but it doesn’t appear they are looking at where the virus is spreading from . The airport remains open . They set up a quarantine hotel but I think I just read there is an outbreak there now . Manufacturing plants remain open yet now they are saying the spread is starting there and then people take it home . Time to shut the plants down that have an outbreak . You can’t go get a haircut but you can work With 1000 other people in

an Amazon warehouse or a Canada post sorting facility . 

Yeah,,,, this banning of flights are a big joke because anybody that wants in here bad enough will just take another connecting flight from one of the country's not on the ban list. They need to stop ALL international travel if they're serious and then lock down the land crossings to keep them from coming in from the States through a connecting flight, Way too many holes.

14 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

My issue is that we’ve been closed for what 5 + months and cases are continuing to increase . Each time they keep extending the lockdown but it doesn’t appear they are looking at where the virus is spreading from . The airport remains open . They set up a quarantine hotel but I think I just read there is an outbreak there now . Manufacturing plants remain open yet now they are saying the spread is starting there and then people take it home . Time to shut the plants down that have an outbreak . You can’t go get a haircut but you can work With 1000 other people in

an Amazon warehouse or a Canada post sorting facility . 

The big thing the governments need to acknowledge that the WHO just did is that the virus is airborne and needs to be dealt with as such. That means

1. If you're keeping essential businesses open, you need to mandate N95 masks for employees not just regular surgical or cotton masks.

2. Recognizing that outdoor activities have lower risk for this reason and that 6 feet of distance isn't enough when you're indoors. It helps, but it's not sufficient. Too many people think they're safe because they're 6 feet away as if there's some magic barrier there. That was the message public health put out initially but it's no longer the right message.

Quebec is down to allowing 35 year olds to get vaccinated. Dreger reporting some Canadian clubs have players who have already been vaccinated but that no one has jumped the line, so only players qualifying according to local rules... as of right now, possible that Weber, Staal, and Perry got in, as they're all 35+. As of Monday, it'll move down to 30+, so Byron, Petry, Tatar, Frolik, Chiarot, Price, and Allen all eligible too. Dominique Ducharme confirmed he has already received his first vaccine, as have some other members of the organization.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/provincial/2021/05/10/ford-government-prepares-to-extend-ontarios-stay-at-home-order-until-june-2.html

Its been six or seven months under this lock down .  Cases arent going down , what is 2 more weeks going to accomplish . At some point we need to loosen the lockdown restrictions a bit . We cant play baseball, golf, tennis or get a haircut but feel free to ride in a packed bus or subway. 

3 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

https://www.thestar.com/politics/provincial/2021/05/10/ford-government-prepares-to-extend-ontarios-stay-at-home-order-until-june-2.html

Its been six or seven months under this lock down .  Cases arent going down , what is 2 more weeks going to accomplish . At some point we need to loosen the lockdown restrictions a bit . We cant play baseball, golf, tennis or get a haircut but feel free to ride in a packed bus or subway. 

Those listed are sports and unessential's. Transportation is needed. Yes it is frustrating, hopefully everyone has the opportunity to get the vaccine and does!. That's no becoming the issue in the US. We have the vaccine and now it is slowing of the remaining people to actually take the vaccine.

1 minute ago, CaptWelly said:

Those listed are sports and unessential's. Transportation is needed. Yes it is frustrating, hopefully everyone has the opportunity to get the vaccine and does!. That's no becoming the issue in the US. We have the vaccine and now it is slowing of the remaining people to actually take the vaccine.

Yes transportation is essential but you have a greater chance of getting it on the bus than in a field or park . or in a barber shop ( Im fine ) but this is getting ridiculous . 1/2 yr shutdown with no end in sight . People are losing their business 

1 minute ago, Regis22 said:

Yes transportation is essential but you have a greater chance of getting it on the bus than in a field or park . or in a barber shop ( Im fine ) but this is getting ridiculous . 1/2 yr shutdown with no end in sight . People are losing their business 

It has seemed a long time but there is an end in sight now with the vaccine. Opening to soon could just delay things further. Stat strong we'll get there.

5 hours ago, Regis22 said:

What they need to do is completely lock down the GTA(except for trucks bringing in needed goods) so the rest of the province can get on with it. 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

What they need to do is completely lock down the GTA(except for trucks bringing in needed goods) so the rest of the province can get on with it. 

But, they would just go to KW, Ham, and other cities outside the lockdown. 

1 minute ago, habs1952 said:

Not if there are concrete barriers on the roads to keep them in. 

jj-used-barriers-1.jpg

Build the wall,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and have Toronto pay for it. :4224: