The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

GAME 6 - Friday 7:00p.m.

H_T_L

How many penalties do we get tonight?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Another night in the box? How many penalties for us?

• None
    • 1 or 2
    • 3 or 4
    • 5 or more

Just now, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Even though we’re down 2-0, I still have a good feeling about this game. Let’s go boys!

You should. We're not being outplayed, we're just (once again) getting horrid luck).  

Lots of game left.  Keep playing like this & les boys will win. 

What an awful period for Weber. Tipped a goal into his own net, got caught flat-footed a couple of times, and took a bad penalty. Chiarot also looking awful. And everyone else's rhythm looks broken by the string of penalty kills. We looked like we started the game well and then got deflated by the Flyers' goals. Seems like we've put more goals past Carey than Philly has. Not a good recipe for winning.

14 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Looking forward to see if they keep calling cross checks for the rest of the game consistently.

Here's the thing: we al know they won't. Technically that's a penalty but if they called all of those, the entire game would be 3v3.

3 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

What an awful period for Weber. Tipped a goal into his own net, got caught flat-footed a couple of times, and took a bad penalty. Chiarot also looking awful. And everyone else's rhythm looks broken by the string of penalty kills. We looked like we started the game well and then got deflated by the Flyers' goals. Seems like we've put more goals past Carey than Philly has. Not a good recipe for winning.

Agree. I'll cut him some slack since he's been so dominant for most of the playoffs but if Weber is as tired (or maybe injured) as he looks, this does not bode well for him/us.  

Just now, maas_art said:

Agree. I'll cut him some slack since he's been so dominant for most of the playoffs but if Weber is as tired (or maybe injured) as he looks, this does not bode well for him/us.  

Recurrent discussion, it seems. Weber has been fantastic mostly since the return to play. But if he can only play 9 games before running out of gas, he doesn't have much value as a NHLer in a usual year. We're lucky the COVID break helped our older vets, but like I said at the start of the playoffs, not confident our Weber/Petry/Price's were likely to hold up for 5 series.