The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jake Allen

Regis22

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

There really are no excuses left for Carey Price. He can't play the fatigue card anymore. Jake Allen, has been a rock.:6280:

Ya, IMO, Carey should start worrying.

56 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Ya, IMO, Carey should start worrying.

People crucify Bergevin for paying so much for a backup. I thought it was a great move at the time, probably, his best move. Can you imagine, if CP were to become the backup?  Oh, the horror.........

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

At this point, if I am the coach, I am considering an even 50-50 split in game time. Allen has been better to start the season.

Yeah its a tricky one.  On paper i agree but you also need to keep Carey happy and try to get him back to 'lights out' carey.   in the playoffs you're going with whichever goalie will get you the wins. Right now thats probably Allen but hopefully that changes because carey at his best is better than jake at his best. 

17 hours ago, maas_art said:

Yeah its a tricky one.  On paper i agree but you also need to keep Carey happy and try to get him back to 'lights out' carey.   in the playoffs you're going with whichever goalie will get you the wins. Right now thats probably Allen but hopefully that changes because carey at his best is better than jake at his best. 

I have no doubt in my mind Julien would start the post-season with Carey (assuming we make it). However, despite Carey's salary, I don't see him maintaining the net in the post-season if his performances are not excellent. Carey has got to use early season Allen's success to push himself. If he worse numbers and allows some stinkers, well... I'm fine with Allen getting more game time.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:02 AM, jennifer_rocket said:

I have no doubt in my mind Julien would start the post-season with Carey (assuming we make it). However, despite Carey's salary, I don't see him maintaining the net in the post-season if his performances are not excellent. Carey has got to use early season Allen's success to push himself. If he worse numbers and allows some stinkers, well... I'm fine with Allen getting more game time.

You're scaring me by saying  (assuming we make it). We have to make it! I can't handle another "lost season". 

On 2/12/2021 at 5:12 PM, electron58 said:

You're scaring me by saying  (assuming we make it). We have to make it! I can't handle another "lost season". 

Lets put it this way, if we dont make it out of this division, we dont deserve to be playing.  lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Playing great and not getting any goal support. I'd run with him for a few games.

4 hours ago, habsisme said:

yes we have to play him at least until he has a bad game. Give Price time to figure things out

I would definitely be playing him more right now. This team needs wins to get the confidence up.

The only question is: what will get Carey's mindset straight? im guessing he needs games to work through whatever the issue(s) are - i dont think he's doing it from the bench.