The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

the only one I am on the fence about is the Sergachev for Drouin deal it looks good right now but I don't know if I would have made that deal. the smaller stuff can be a bit of a pain the Weal's and some of the low level D men have been busts but the big trades have mostly been good.

I still contend the deal is, in a vacuum, not a bad as some fans make out, but  - in terms of what we needed and what we had at the time, it was a big fail for MB in my opinion.  

Having said that, this is probably his worst deal and this wasnt Hossa for spare parts. The Bolts got a good young defensman, and - despite some very biased fans - we got a decent skilled winger.  He's producing, Sergachev is producing, it is what it is.  Again, I consider it a loss because of the hole it created and the fact that a top 4 defensman is more valuable than a top 6 winger, but its not like its was Rask for Raycroft or something. 

12 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I have got to agree with you on this point I often don't like what MB does but I think the team he has that evaluates trade talent is spot on he may not always do what they recommend but the bigger deals seem to have worked out. the only one I am on the fence about is the Sergachev for Drouin deal it looks good right now but I don't know if I would have made that deal. the smaller stuff can be a bit of a pain the Weal's and some of the low level D men have been busts but the big trades have mostly been good.

I think the smaller trades were good too but many of us (and im on the fence on this) would prefer playing younger players instead of veteran plugs. But MB's trades have been fantastic. The only criticism I have is the drafting, especially in the 1st round

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I still contend the deal is, in a vacuum, not a bad as some fans make out, but  - in terms of what we needed and what we had at the time, it was a big fail for MB in my opinion.  

Having said that, this is probably his worst deal and this wasnt Hossa for spare parts. The Bolts got a good young defensman, and - despite some very biased fans - we got a decent skilled winger.  He's producing, Sergachev is producing, it is what it is.  Again, I consider it a loss because of the hole it created and the fact that a top 4 defensman is more valuable than a top 6 winger, but its not like its was Rask for Raycroft or something. 

yeah its the only trade i don't like BUT as you say, its not really that  bad. Drouin is still our most skilled winger. Did we lose that trade? Probably but we certainly weren't robbed

Max Domi - struggling in Columbus and on the 4th line more to his lack of understanding of Torts system defensively although he's not scoring - 3 goals 7 points in 18 G

I always liked Max's effort. Hoping it works out better for him but I have no complaints on the trade by MB - the extra draft pick he tossed in that many complained about, is paying off so far.

Hindsight being 20/20, I too, thought at the time we gave up too much. So far,  so good. Let's hope JA stays healthy for the full year and beyond. Agree about the chemistry. For the most part,  MD seemed to click here. At least we don't have to worry about his lazy penalties.  I  would make that trade again.👍

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Looks like he had a excellent game last night. I only watched the first period. He seemed very involved.

Yes he was as well as KK. The two were leaders last night. Their intensity showed on every shift.

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Yes he was as well as KK. The two were leaders last night. Their intensity showed on every shift.

Yep KK was finishing his checks! and still played a great offensive game good hard passes on the tape.

40 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Nice watch

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/kyle-bukauskas-notebook-andersons-dad-always-wanted-canadien/

Kyle Bukauskas Notebook: Anderson's dad always wanted him to be a Canadien

I actually heard that Toffoli also wanted to be a Hab from a young age. I think it was the Habs that shared a tweet showing a photo of 11 Y.O. Toffoli in a Canadiens jersey when they acquired him, but I have not been able to find the tweet since lol.

13 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I actually heard that Toffoli also wanted to be a Hab from a young age. I think it was the Habs that shared a tweet showing a photo of 11 Y.O. Toffoli in a Canadiens jersey when they acquired him, but I have not been able to find the tweet since lol.

Found the link, It wasn't actually a Habs jersey but he did play on a team with the Habs logo lol.

2007-08 Minor Midget Jr. Canadiens also had some future household names in Tyler Toffoli (Los Angeles Kings) and Devante Smith-Pelley (Washington Capitals).

From left to right, and Don Cherry, captain John McFarland, Zach Shapiro, Ryan O’Connor and Tyler Toffoli.

Edited by Regis22