Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Josh Anderson


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

 the only one I am on the fence about is the Sergachev for Drouin deal it looks good right now but I don't know if I would have made that deal. the smaller stuff can be a bit of a pain the Weal's and some of the low level D men have been busts but the big trades have mostly been good.

I still contend the deal is, in a vacuum, not a bad as some fans make out, but  - in terms of what we needed and what we had at the time, it was a big fail for MB in my opinion.  

Having said that, this is probably his worst deal and this wasnt Hossa for spare parts. The Bolts got a good young defensman, and - despite some very biased fans - we got a decent skilled winger.  He's producing, Sergachev is producing, it is what it is.  Again, I consider it a loss because of the hole it created and the fact that a top 4 defensman is more valuable than a top 6 winger, but its not like its was Rask for Raycroft or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I have got to agree with you on this point I often don't like what MB does but I think the team he has that evaluates trade talent is spot on he may not always do what they recommend but the bigger deals seem to have worked out. the only one I am on the fence about is the Sergachev for Drouin deal it looks good right now but I don't know if I would have made that deal. the smaller stuff can be a bit of a pain the Weal's and some of the low level D men have been busts but the big trades have mostly been good.

I think the smaller trades were good too but many of us (and im on the fence on this) would prefer playing younger players instead of veteran plugs. But MB's trades have been fantastic. The only criticism I have is the drafting, especially in the 1st round

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I still contend the deal is, in a vacuum, not a bad as some fans make out, but  - in terms of what we needed and what we had at the time, it was a big fail for MB in my opinion.  

Having said that, this is probably his worst deal and this wasnt Hossa for spare parts. The Bolts got a good young defensman, and - despite some very biased fans - we got a decent skilled winger.  He's producing, Sergachev is producing, it is what it is.  Again, I consider it a loss because of the hole it created and the fact that a top 4 defensman is more valuable than a top 6 winger, but its not like its was Rask for Raycroft or something. 

yeah its the only trade i don't like BUT as you say, its not really that  bad. Drouin is still our most skilled winger. Did we lose that trade? Probably but we certainly weren't robbed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Max Domi - struggling in Columbus and on the 4th line more to his lack of understanding of Torts system defensively although he's not scoring - 3 goals 7 points in 18 G

I always liked Max's effort. Hoping it works out better for him but I have no complaints on the trade by MB - the extra draft pick he tossed in that many complained about, is paying off so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hindsight being 20/20, I too, thought at the time we gave up too much. So far,  so good. Let's hope JA stays healthy for the full year and beyond. Agree about the chemistry. For the most part,  MD seemed to click here. At least we don't have to worry about his lazy penalties.  I  would make that trade again.👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Looks like he had a excellent game last night. I only watched the first period. He seemed very involved.

Yes he was as well as KK. The two were leaders last night. Their intensity showed on every shift.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Nice watch

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/kyle-bukauskas-notebook-andersons-dad-always-wanted-canadien/

Kyle Bukauskas Notebook: Anderson's dad always wanted him to be a Canadien

I actually heard that Toffoli also wanted to be a Hab from a young age. I think it was the Habs that shared a tweet showing a photo of 11 Y.O. Toffoli in a Canadiens jersey when they acquired him, but I have not been able to find the tweet since lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I actually heard that Toffoli also wanted to be a Hab from a young age. I think it was the Habs that shared a tweet showing a photo of 11 Y.O. Toffoli in a Canadiens jersey when they acquired him, but I have not been able to find the tweet since lol.

Found the link, It wasn't actually a Habs jersey but he did play on a team with the Habs logo lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Personally I think DD just moves him around too much, he just can't get in a groove with who he plays with.  Last night his line mates were to slow to support him on the rush.  Would very much like to see him on a line constantly with Caufield and Suzuki see what they can do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

Personally I think DD just moves him around too much, he just can't get in a groove with who he plays with.  Last night his line mates were to slow to support him on the rush.  Would very much like to see him on a line constantly with Caufield and Suzuki see what they can do

I feel the same way I think he is like a fish out of water right now but we really need him to get going!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

He must be hurt or something he just seems off at least before he was hitting while scoring now he is kind of soft, if he was up to his potential he would be perfect for this series.

He seems to be having bursts of good play. I feel like he might just be slumping hard. Like, he definitely still has his wheels and has been able to keep driving the net. He's just not finishing anything. To be honest, the Anderson, KK, and Byron line makes me very nervous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

He seems to be having bursts of good play. I feel like he might just be slumping hard. Like, he definitely still has his wheels and has been able to keep driving the net. He's just not finishing anything. To be honest, the Anderson, KK, and Byron line makes me very nervous.

Yeah me too KK has moments where he is a turnover machine but he also has brilliant moments too. You can see KK's game coming together but for me when Evans is ready I think Byron might get moved out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...