The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

1 minute ago, ramcharger440 said:

Oh you mean that purge where he wiped out our entire LHD in one go to be replaced with the mighty Karl Alzner! that poor guy never had a chance here trying to replace Marky Emelin and Beulieu in one go! what a stupid off season that was and to give Radulov the run around too. killed our D and our most dangerous forward at the time too on pride! MB should have been gone right there!

Agreed. He should have been fired.  I think there were a couple other Russians let go that season as well.

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

I wonder how much offence was stifled in LA the way he played in Vancover and now here he seems to be an easy 30 goal man with plenty more upside. this was a good signing for us!

Kinda flew under the radar. He's been a great signing for us. Coulda had the winner tonight on that breakaway. 

11 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

I wonder how much offence was stifled in LA the way he played in Vancover and now here he seems to be an easy 30 goal man with plenty more upside. this was a good signing for us!

I mean he had a 30 goal, and  (almost) 60 point season in LA - and he mostly averaged 20g per year playing a little different role there. I know he played with Carter a lot and Lucic for a bit... I think luck played a bit of a role but I agree, he seems to have found a different gear since being traded to the Canucks.  I know they regret not re-signing him but the team is having some major cash flow problems so i guess it probably wasnt a real possibility.