Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Expansion Draft


campabee82
 Share

Recommended Posts

Think of yourself as the GM of the Kraken. Not who we hope for the Habs to get rid of.  I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I'm the Kraken GM, I'm taking Jake Allan He's the best option and you can only lose one player. But to answer the question Paul Byron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, xxdocxx said:

Think of yourself as the GM of the Kraken. Not who we hope for the Habs to get rid of.  I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I'm the Kraken GM, I'm taking Jake Allan He's the best option and you can only lose one player. But to answer the question Paul Byron

That’s impossible. We don’t know who others are making available. Slot of teams may surprise based on how they view their talent, the talent in the system and how it all aligns with their cap structure going forward. 
 

The only thing that can be done is figure out who to keep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

0% chance Jonathan Drouin is made available. I know lots of fans dislike him and he's not the elite player everyone thought he could be, but he's a good top 6 winger and is one of the more skilled players on the team. Is he going to be the centerpiece in your line-up? No. But he's a strong supporting player, and he's really picked up his effort level and defensive play the past two years. I see no reason to lose him for nothing, especially at his age.

IMO, the guys we will be 100% protecting (unless say Price waives his NMC):

- Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Drouin, Anderson, Toffoli

- Petry

- Price

 

I don't think the Habs will go the 8 protected players route with their current line-up, because quite frankly, who really cares if they lose their 4th best D man? I think they will protect Weber and one of Edmundson/Chiarot. They should protect Kulak and Fleury, but they won't. But if they lose Chiarot or Edmundson or Mete or Fleury is that really the end of the world? If you're exposing the likes of Drouin, Lehkonen, Tatar, or Danault on account of trying to protect both Chiarot and Edmundson, you're just a bad GM. Drouin and Danault have way more value than those two, who as we've mentioned, are both signed long-term to play the same role on the team. I'd be ecstatic if Seattle chose one of them, it actually solves our problem of having money tied up in two guys for one job. I also couldn't care less if they took Weber at this point. He's simply not worth his cap hit at this point, and if they take Weber and leave us Allen, Kulak, Lehkonen, Evans, etc. so much the better in my view. That said, I would definitely see what Weber's trade value is and if there is someone willing to dish out a high pick or legit prospect to get him, I'd trade him away first and take the return. If there's no trade value left, then ED exposure is fine with me.

There’s obviously a much higher chance than zero. You are funny. I’d argue likely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

0% chance Jonathan Drouin is made available. I know lots of fans dislike him and he's not the elite player everyone thought he could be, but he's a good top 6 winger and is one of the more skilled players on the team. Is he going to be the centerpiece in your line-up? No. But he's a strong supporting player, and he's really picked up his effort level and defensive play the past two years. I see no reason to lose him for nothing, especially at his age.

IMO, the guys we will be 100% protecting (unless say Price waives his NMC):

- Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Drouin, Anderson, Toffoli

- Petry

- Price

 

I don't think the Habs will go the 8 protected players route with their current line-up, because quite frankly, who really cares if they lose their 4th best D man? I think they will protect Weber and one of Edmundson/Chiarot. They should protect Kulak and Fleury, but they won't. But if they lose Chiarot or Edmundson or Mete or Fleury is that really the end of the world? If you're exposing the likes of Drouin, Lehkonen, Tatar, or Danault on account of trying to protect both Chiarot and Edmundson, you're just a bad GM. Drouin and Danault have way more value than those two, who as we've mentioned, are both signed long-term to play the same role on the team. I'd be ecstatic if Seattle chose one of them, it actually solves our problem of having money tied up in two guys for one job. I also couldn't care less if they took Weber at this point. He's simply not worth his cap hit at this point, and if they take Weber and leave us Allen, Kulak, Lehkonen, Evans, etc. so much the better in my view. That said, I would definitely see what Weber's trade value is and if there is someone willing to dish out a high pick or legit prospect to get him, I'd trade him away first and take the return. If there's no trade value left, then ED exposure is fine with me.

Th 4-4-1 strategy isn't to protect Edmondson or Chiarot it is to protect our most valuable unprotected player Allen. I like Drouin and his play has improved but like you said he is not a top line player he is a supporting player who can be replaced easily in FA or trade. If it comes down to who makes the Habs better between Drouin and Allen the easy answer is Allen but because of his age and skill level this would entice Seattle to pass on Allen. That is how you play the ED game who is easier to replace Allen or Drouin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Th 4-4-1 strategy isn't to protect Edmondson or Chiarot it is to protect our most valuable unprotected player Allen. I like Drouin and his play has improved but like you said he is not a top line player he is a supporting player who can be replaced easily in FA or trade. If it comes down to who makes the Habs better between Drouin and Allen the easy answer is Allen but because of his age and skill level this would entice Seattle to pass on Allen. That is how you play the ED game who is easier to replace Allen or Drouin. 

Allen is good but my God he’s over valued here. He’s a career fringe starter. 
 

And you might be surprised to know what Bergeron sees as value in a contract. He has youth rising and within a year or two has big contracts to sign. I think Edmundson is considered of value for his price point which is why he was signed to more than a couple years. Drouin snd his 6 odd million could easily be deemed as unworthy for his contribution level. In fact I fully expect him to be made available Cuz he might might not be a safe bet to be taken due to his nearly 6 million. And if taken - Thats 6 million to others on the rise in the future. 
 

danault is a FA after this year folks. Stop talking about him like he fits into the equation at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dreegking said:

Allen is good but my God he’s over valued here. He’s a career fringe starter. 
 

And you might be surprised to know what Bergeron sees as value in a contract. He has youth rising and within a year or two has big contracts to sign. I think Edmundson is considered of value for his price point which is why he was signed to more than a couple years. Drouin snd his 6 odd million could easily be deemed as unworthy for his contribution level. In fact I fully expect him to be made available Cuz he might might not be a safe bet to be taken due to his nearly 6 million. And if taken - Thats 6 million to others on the rise in the future. 
 

danault is a FA after this year folks. Stop talking about him like he fits into the equation at all. 

Even If he's not a starter he's proven to be a top notch goalie with a smaller workload. Again as a GM you have to look for the best value. As I mentioned before not who we hope to get rid of. We will not lose anyone important in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, xxdocxx said:

Think of yourself as the GM of the Kraken. Not who we hope for the Habs to get rid of.  I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I'm the Kraken GM, I'm taking Jake Allan He's the best option and you can only lose one player. But to answer the question Paul Byron

 

1 hour ago, dreegking said:

That’s impossible. We don’t know who others are making available. Slot of teams may surprise based on how they view their talent, the talent in the system and how it all aligns with their cap structure going forward. 
 

The only thing that can be done is figure out who to keep. 

There is a simulation draft on cap friendly where you can act as gm of every team and protect your players. Then you can act as gm ron Francis of the krakken and select the forwards defense and goalies required. Now based on the goalies not protected, I would project that Holtby, Khudobin and Allen are the 3 best available unless the Krakken elect to pick a UFA - there is a minimum number of forwards defense and goalies that they have to pick - Vegas is exempt from protection of any players 

so gms likely do their own simulation models or have competitive intelligence on who the Krakken may lean to. 
It’s not impossible but there are probabilities in play. My guess is Jake Allen is the best value player not protected in the Habs lineup, but others will have different opinions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dreegking said:

There’s obviously a much higher chance than zero. You are funny. I’d argue likely. 

 

3 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Th 4-4-1 strategy isn't to protect Edmondson or Chiarot it is to protect our most valuable unprotected player Allen. I like Drouin and his play has improved but like you said he is not a top line player he is a supporting player who can be replaced easily in FA or trade. If it comes down to who makes the Habs better between Drouin and Allen the easy answer is Allen but because of his age and skill level this would entice Seattle to pass on Allen. That is how you play the ED game who is easier to replace Allen or Drouin. 

 

3 hours ago, dreegking said:

Allen is good but my God he’s over valued here. He’s a career fringe starter. 
 

And you might be surprised to know what Bergeron sees as value in a contract. He has youth rising and within a year or two has big contracts to sign. I think Edmundson is considered of value for his price point which is why he was signed to more than a couple years. Drouin snd his 6 odd million could easily be deemed as unworthy for his contribution level. In fact I fully expect him to be made available Cuz he might might not be a safe bet to be taken due to his nearly 6 million. And if taken - Thats 6 million to others on the rise in the future. 
 

danault is a FA after this year folks. Stop talking about him like he fits into the equation at all. 

I still believe the chances Drouin gets exposed is 0%. He's 26 years old and signed for two more years at 5.5M after this season. He's put up 135 points in 216 games with Montreal. In his last two playoffs, he put up 7 points in 10 games and 14 points in 17 games, so he's delivered when the games mattered too. He's a local French-Canadian. I don't see any reason the Habs would want to expose him and lose him for nothing. If they didn't want him any more, they could trade him and get assets back. And he's certainly worth more to us than Allen and worth more in a trade than Allen.

Is Allen a great back-up to have? Yes. Could he be a starter for Seattle? Yes. But even is he's a starter there, he's a mid-level starter, not a star. If he stays here, his value is really only high if Price is gone. Again, he's a great back-up, but with Price in town, he's only ever going to be a back-up and there's only so much value you can assign a guy who plays 20-25 games for you a year. So would I rather protect a top-6 winger or a back-up goalie? I'll take the top 6 winger. The other factor to consider here is that the Habs are sitting on Cayden Primeau, who can't stay in the minors forever. If he's not with the Habs in the next 2 years, he likely never amounts to much in Montreal. Now I could completely see a platoon between Allen and Primeau being good value for your money, but that still means Price is gone. And I could see Primeau starting as Price's back-up, but that means Allen is gone. Any way you cut it, the Habs are likely going to have to make a decision between keeping Allen or Price in the next 18 months. They're not both here long-term. Allen is already 30 and signed for two more years after this one. If I had to decide between two more years of Allen instead of Primeau vs. promoting Primeau and keeping Drouin, it's an easy choice for me.

All that said, I still wonder if the Habs might be better off asking Price to waive his NMC and either trading him or getting Seattle to select him. Then you keep Allen and Primeau, don't lose anyone else, and have the extra cap space from dumping Price to be able to spend (maybe to take other players off the hands of teams who are going to lose a key player otherwise)...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

 

 

I still believe the chances Drouin gets exposed is 0%. He's 26 years old and signed for two more years at 5.5M after this season. He's put up 135 points in 216 games with Montreal. In his last two playoffs, he put up 7 points in 10 games and 14 points in 17 games, so he's delivered when the games mattered too. He's a local French-Canadian. I don't see any reason the Habs would want to expose him and lose him for nothing. If they didn't want him any more, they could trade him and get assets back. And he's certainly worth more to us than Allen and worth more in a trade than Allen.

Is Allen a great back-up to have? Yes. Could he be a starter for Seattle? Yes. But even is he's a starter there, he's a mid-level starter, not a star. If he stays here, his value is really only high if Price is gone. Again, he's a great back-up, but with Price in town, he's only ever going to be a back-up and there's only so much value you can assign a guy who plays 20-25 games for you a year. So would I rather protect a top-6 winger or a back-up goalie? I'll take the top 6 winger. The other factor to consider here is that the Habs are sitting on Cayden Primeau, who can't stay in the minors forever. If he's not with the Habs in the next 2 years, he likely never amounts to much in Montreal. Now I could completely see a platoon between Allen and Primeau being good value for your money, but that still means Price is gone. And I could see Primeau starting as Price's back-up, but that means Allen is gone. Any way you cut it, the Habs are likely going to have to make a decision between keeping Allen or Price in the next 18 months. They're not both here long-term. Allen is already 30 and signed for two more years after this one. If I had to decide between two more years of Allen instead of Primeau vs. promoting Primeau and keeping Drouin, it's an easy choice for me.

All that said, I still wonder if the Habs might be better off asking Price to waive his NMC and either trading him or getting Seattle to select him. Then you keep Allen and Primeau, don't lose anyone else, and have the extra cap space from dumping Price to be able to spend (maybe to take other players off the hands of teams who are going to lose a key player otherwise)...

 

 

Losing a 45 to 50 point player making 5.5 million who doesn’t bang or play heavy or dominant minutes on either power play unit, is hardly for nothing.

someone has to go. I bet he’s not even taken if available. 

id rather him than a top four dman for 3.5 million who plays heavy ST minutes. 

eye of the beholder I guess. I just think we could make him available and he won’t be taken anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

 

 

I still believe the chances Drouin gets exposed is 0%. He's 26 years old and signed for two more years at 5.5M after this season. He's put up 135 points in 216 games with Montreal. In his last two playoffs, he put up 7 points in 10 games and 14 points in 17 games, so he's delivered when the games mattered too. He's a local French-Canadian. I don't see any reason the Habs would want to expose him and lose him for nothing. If they didn't want him any more, they could trade him and get assets back. And he's certainly worth more to us than Allen and worth more in a trade than Allen.

Is Allen a great back-up to have? Yes. Could he be a starter for Seattle? Yes. But even is he's a starter there, he's a mid-level starter, not a star. If he stays here, his value is really only high if Price is gone. Again, he's a great back-up, but with Price in town, he's only ever going to be a back-up and there's only so much value you can assign a guy who plays 20-25 games for you a year. So would I rather protect a top-6 winger or a back-up goalie? I'll take the top 6 winger. The other factor to consider here is that the Habs are sitting on Cayden Primeau, who can't stay in the minors forever. If he's not with the Habs in the next 2 years, he likely never amounts to much in Montreal. Now I could completely see a platoon between Allen and Primeau being good value for your money, but that still means Price is gone. And I could see Primeau starting as Price's back-up, but that means Allen is gone. Any way you cut it, the Habs are likely going to have to make a decision between keeping Allen or Price in the next 18 months. They're not both here long-term. Allen is already 30 and signed for two more years after this one. If I had to decide between two more years of Allen instead of Primeau vs. promoting Primeau and keeping Drouin, it's an easy choice for me.

All that said, I still wonder if the Habs might be better off asking Price to waive his NMC and either trading him or getting Seattle to select him. Then you keep Allen and Primeau, don't lose anyone else, and have the extra cap space from dumping Price to be able to spend (maybe to take other players off the hands of teams who are going to lose a key player otherwise)...

 

 

My point was who is going to win you more games Allen who has literally won us games and kept us in games we had no right being in, or Drouin who I think has 0 GWG this year! Even if Primeau does make the team next season for whatever reason, Allen still has trade value. It is not like just cause we let Drouin go Allen suddenly loses all trade value. Beside we have seen just how important having a 3 goalie system is this year and going forward. I feel like the NHL will head to a 3 goalie system next year anyway to avoid another David Ayres situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's literally 0 reason for us to expose Drouin in the ED and risk losing him for nothing. Why would we do that if we could just trade him and acquire assets in return? We're not talking about an overpaid 3rd/4th liner like Byron or over-the-hill Karl Alzner here, Drouin has trade value. He'll never be the player we hoped he could become but that doesn't mean he's worthless on the trade market and we should just give up on him. That's terrible asset management because it means we essentially gave Sergachev away and have absolutely nothing to show for it only a few years later. If that's the actual entry draft strategy, the organization has much bigger problems than a former 3rd OVA pick that doesn't meet expectations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We couldn’t disagree more. I don’t think we will protect two goalies. Pretty sure it’s not allowed. I don’t think we will lose him. But maybe. I do not see Drouin or Allen protected. Along with a couple others like Kulak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Fleury DOES need to be protected. Need for protection is based on being a "pro" (NHL or AHL) for more than two years. The number of games played is a criteria only used towards determining whether a team is exposing a minimum number of veteran players. It prevents teams from just saying they're exposing a bunch of journeymen like Weal, who don't actually have any value.

You were right - the cap friendly simulation model was confusing - it did look like one had to have a minimum # of games. So long as a team provides another player that fulfils the minimum # of games or veterans then a journeyman with little NHL experience like Cale Fleury can be claimed if not protected. Unless Seattle sees something hugely promising in a youngster like Cale, I suspect other unprotected players on the Habs, have more value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

 

 

I still believe the chances Drouin gets exposed is 0%. He's 26 years old and signed for two more years at 5.5M after this season. He's put up 135 points in 216 games with Montreal. In his last two playoffs, he put up 7 points in 10 games and 14 points in 17 games, so he's delivered when the games mattered too. He's a local French-Canadian. I don't see any reason the Habs would want to expose him and lose him for nothing. If they didn't want him any more, they could trade him and get assets back. And he's certainly worth more to us than Allen and worth more in a trade than Allen.

Is Allen a great back-up to have? Yes. Could he be a starter for Seattle? Yes. But even is he's a starter there, he's a mid-level starter, not a star. If he stays here, his value is really only high if Price is gone. Again, he's a great back-up, but with Price in town, he's only ever going to be a back-up and there's only so much value you can assign a guy who plays 20-25 games for you a year. So would I rather protect a top-6 winger or a back-up goalie? I'll take the top 6 winger. The other factor to consider here is that the Habs are sitting on Cayden Primeau, who can't stay in the minors forever. If he's not with the Habs in the next 2 years, he likely never amounts to much in Montreal. Now I could completely see a platoon between Allen and Primeau being good value for your money, but that still means Price is gone. And I could see Primeau starting as Price's back-up, but that means Allen is gone. Any way you cut it, the Habs are likely going to have to make a decision between keeping Allen or Price in the next 18 months. They're not both here long-term. Allen is already 30 and signed for two more years after this one. If I had to decide between two more years of Allen instead of Primeau vs. promoting Primeau and keeping Drouin, it's an easy choice for me.

All that said, I still wonder if the Habs might be better off asking Price to waive his NMC and either trading him or getting Seattle to select him. Then you keep Allen and Primeau, don't lose anyone else, and have the extra cap space from dumping Price to be able to spend (maybe to take other players off the hands of teams who are going to lose a key player otherwise)...

 

 

It would be interesting to see how that conversation went. Normally i think a guy like price would say no, but the Kraken are just about as close to home as you can get for him (both his hometown and his off season home) and his wife is from the area too... so you never know. I dont think MB would do it though. 

8 hours ago, ChiLla said:

There's literally 0 reason for us to expose Drouin in the ED and risk losing him for nothing. Why would we do that if we could just trade him and acquire assets in return? We're not talking about an overpaid 3rd/4th liner like Byron or over-the-hill Karl Alzner here, Drouin has trade value. He'll never be the player we hoped he could become but that doesn't mean he's worthless on the trade market and we should just give up on him. That's terrible asset management because it means we essentially gave Sergachev away and have absolutely nothing to show for it only a few years later. If that's the actual entry draft strategy, the organization has much bigger problems than a former 3rd OVA pick that doesn't meet expectations.

Thankfully it wont happen because our management team aren't insane.   Frankly, the hate for Drouin here is mindboggling.  Is he an elite player? no. Is he a useful player that would get ice time on every. single. team. in this league? Yes.  But lets just throw him away because we have some moronic hate for him.  He's not my favourite player (note even close) and id trade him in a heartbeat if it make the team better but the idea that the team would even consider leaving him exposed is ludicrous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dreegking said:

We couldn’t disagree more. I don’t think we will protect two goalies. Pretty sure it’s not allowed. I don’t think we will lose him. But maybe. I do not see Drouin or Allen protected. Along with a couple others like Kulak. 

You cannot protect 2 goalies

Revisiting some of the Krakken rules – a) They must pick a minimum of 14 forwards, 9 defense, 3 goalies and 4 wild card positions – 1 from each of the 30 teams excluding Vegas b) After the protection lists are released on July 17th, the Krakken have 48-72 hours depending on who you read, as an exclusive Free Agent signing period for ANY unsigned UFA or RFA on any team. If for example they were able to sign Joel Armia or even Victor Mete, then the Krakken do not have to pick a player from Montreal and this would check one of their forward minimums.

Other options 1) Krakken could draft a Free Agent UFA/RFA, that they have no intention of signing, if they felt there were no valuable players on a team’s unprotected list. This is unlikely to happen on Montreal’s roster 2) Draft and Flip – Seattle could pick a player from a Team’s list say we don’t protect Chiarot – and immediately trade Chiarot to another team for players / draft picks. This could work the other way, if we saw a player on another team’s unprotected list that we may covet. This was ow Emelin wound up in Nashville when Vegas picked him off Montreal, and how we acquired Schlemko from Vegas via San Jose 3) Side Deal – Krakken negotiate with MB upfront to pick say someone like Paul Byron – gets the contract off our books (or even a Shea Weber or Chiarot), and we toss in a Mete / Lehkonen, prospect or draft choices as inducements. There’s a lot of teams that want the Krakken with a blank set of cap room to take a lot of bloated contracts. Will be interesting to see if Krakken GM Ron Francis takes a “let’s get good quick”, or build with youth and prospects for the longer term.

Using the BAP for the value approach, I still think the odds are that the Krakken take Allen but "you never know" vs. the other teams and inducements. Allen has value to other teams under the Draft and Flip option too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

. There are some other goalies who might be available and might be more attractive than Jake Allen

As examples Braden Holtby ,Anton Khudobin, Jack Campbell,Marc Andre Fleury or Robin Lehner, Ben Bishop .  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

It would be interesting to see how that conversation went. Normally i think a guy like price would say no, but the Kraken are just about as close to home as you can get for him (both his hometown and his off season home) and his wife is from the area too... so you never know. I dont think MB would do it though. 

Thankfully it wont happen because our management team aren't insane.   Frankly, the hate for Drouin here is mindboggling.  Is he an elite player? no. Is he a useful player that would get ice time on every. single. team. in this league? Yes.  But lets just throw him away because we have some moronic hate for him.  He's not my favourite player (note even close) and id trade him in a heartbeat if it make the team better but the idea that the team would even consider leaving him exposed is ludicrous.

I agree , I do not understand why anyone wants to "dump" Drouin? He's one of our top scorers and has played well this season and both offensively and defensively. Everyone always wants scorers of course. That said someone has to set them up. Drouin has had a lot of nice plays this year that have caused the goals. He leads the team in assists. I really believe if a few start to go in for him his scoring is going to increase. I'm glad recently he's starting to shoot more. He hasn't been used near enough in OT. He has been pretty consistent this season also. He's young has great hands great skater. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dreegking said:

We couldn’t disagree more. I don’t think we will protect two goalies. Pretty sure it’s not allowed. I don’t think we will lose him. But maybe. I do not see Drouin or Allen protected. Along with a couple others like Kulak. 

Who said anything about protecting 2 goalies? the argument was leave Drouin and Allen unprotected and more than likely Seattle takes Drouin over Allen. Allen gives the team a better chance of winning more games than Drouin does. I don't know why everyone thinks that I hate Drouin, I don't I really like the guy, he is a highly skilled winger but truth of the matter is he does not improve our chances of winning more games, Allen does!

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

It would be interesting to see how that conversation went. Normally i think a guy like price would say no, but the Kraken are just about as close to home as you can get for him (both his hometown and his off season home) and his wife is from the area too... so you never know. I dont think MB would do it though. 

Thankfully it wont happen because our management team aren't insane.   Frankly, the hate for Drouin here is mindboggling.  Is he an elite player? no. Is he a useful player that would get ice time on every. single. team. in this league? Yes.  But lets just throw him away because we have some moronic hate for him.  He's not my favourite player (note even close) and id trade him in a heartbeat if it make the team better but the idea that the team would even consider leaving him exposed is ludicrous.

I don't hate Drouin, I hate losing! And calling someone's ideas that do not follow along your own ideas ludicrous is unappreciative. I thought this was a supposed to be a safe and open site for discussing everyone's ideas and views without prejudice or judgement, I guess that only applies if they they follow the norm right! Thank you for making that clear! I don't mean to be an ass about this but it is very disrespectful to call my ideas moronic, insane or ludicrous just because you don't agree with them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Who said anything about protecting 2 goalies? the argument was leave Drouin and Allen unprotected and more than likely Seattle takes Drouin over Allen. Allen gives the team a better chance of winning more games than Drouin does. I don't know why everyone thinks that I hate Drouin, I don't I really like the guy, he is a highly skilled winger but truth of the matter is he does not improve our chances of winning more games, Allen does!

I don't hate Drouin, I hate losing! And calling someone's ideas that do not follow along your own ideas ludicrous is unappreciative. I thought this was a supposed to be a safe and open site for discussing everyone's ideas and views without prejudice or judgement, I guess that only applies if they they follow the norm right! Thank you for making that clear! I don't mean to be an ass about this but it is very disrespectful to call my ideas moronic, insane or ludicrous just because you don't agree with them. 

There are no moronic ideas! Everyone is 100% entitled to their ideas and positions. We all should be able to disagree with each other respectfully. I may disagree with exposing Drouin but I can understand your position without demeaning the idea. There have been several discussions on this board where some may disagree. Some will use "advanced' stats to justify their opinion or other factors. I don't believe there is anyone on this board being consulted by an NHL team or network ect. for our opinions. (Even then most will disagree with the "so called" experts). So to all lets have fun and post our opinions. We should be able to "try" to justify each of our opinions , but even if anyone of us feel with our set of 'fact" or points from just years of watching or compiling a page full of stats. We should be respectful of each other and agree to disagree with good hearted friendly banter. Remember we're all cheering for the same team!                   GO HABS GO!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I don't hate Drouin, I hate losing! And calling someone's ideas that do not follow along your own ideas ludicrous is unappreciative. I thought this was a supposed to be a safe and open site for discussing everyone's ideas and views without prejudice or judgement, I guess that only applies if they they follow the norm right! Thank you for making that clear! I don't mean to be an ass about this but it is very disrespectful to call my ideas moronic, insane or ludicrous just because you don't agree with them. 

?  

1. Who said I was even talking to you? This had NOTHING to do with any of your posts. I didnt even read you say anything about JD, so i dont know what you're going on about. Why do you naturally assume someone is responding to you? and why take it so personally.

2. Despite the fact this had nothing to do with YOU - you've made it about you so, i'll repond anyway.  I did not call anyone moronic. I did not call anyone's ideas moronic. I said that some people's HATE is moronic.  You should re-read things before reacting. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

There are no moronic ideas! Everyone is 100% entitled to their ideas and positions. We all should be able to disagree with each other respectfully. 

Yes, and again, i never called anyone's ideas moronic. I said the hate was. Very different concepts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, maas_art said:

?  

1. Who said I was even talking to you? This had NOTHING to do with any of your posts. I didnt even read you say anything about JD, so i dont know what you're going on about. Why do you naturally assume someone is responding to you? and why take it so personally.

2. Despite the fact this had nothing to do with YOU - you've made it about you so, i'll repond anyway.  I did not call anyone moronic. I did not call anyone's ideas moronic. I said that some people's HATE is moronic.  You should re-read things before reacting. 

 

 

I started the conversation about exposing Drouin, thus while you may not have be responding directly to me you were talking about my idea, which you did call insane and ludicrous. The moronic part was implied when you said the the hate for Drouin was moronic.

 

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

It would be interesting to see how that conversation went. Normally i think a guy like price would say no, but the Kraken are just about as close to home as you can get for him (both his hometown and his off season home) and his wife is from the area too... so you never know. I dont think MB would do it though. 

Thankfully it wont happen because our management team aren't insane.   Frankly, the hate for Drouin here is mindboggling.  Is he an elite player? no. Is he a useful player that would get ice time on every. single. team. in this league? Yes.  But lets just throw him away because we have some moronic hate for him.  He's not my favourite player (note even close) and id trade him in a heartbeat if it make the team better but the idea that the team would even consider leaving him exposed is ludicrous.

Here are the 2 direct quotes where you call my idea insane and ludicrous

Thankfully it wont happen because our management team aren't insane.

the idea that the team would even consider leaving him exposed is ludicrous

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK back to Expansion draft, of the options above Im with Mete or Byron .

Drouin will be protected ( IMO ) whether we like him or not. He's 26 and a local kid . He dresses  for all 82 games 

Allen will not be ( IMO ) . He's a back up goalie . In a full season he might play 1/ 3 of the games when CP31 is healthy . 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Regis22 said:

OK back to Expansion draft, of the options above Im with Mete or Byron

Drouin will be protected ( IMO ) whether we like him or not. He's 26 and a local kid . He's in the line up for all 82 games 

Allen will not be ( IMO ) . He's a back up goalie . In a full season he might play 1/ 3 of the games when CP31 is healthy . 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

. There are some other goalies who might be available and might be more attractive than Jake Allen

As examples Braden Holtby ,Anton Khudobin, Jack Campbell,Marc Andre Fleury or Robin Lehner, Ben Bishop .  

Your examples need to be modified - Dallas protects either Bishop (big contract) or Khudobin  - not both. Fleury and Lehner ARE NOT available- they are under contract to Las Vegas who are exempt from protecting players. Campbell Will almost certainly be protected by the leafs unless Freddie Andersieve (not a typo I called him a sieve!) is resigned as he is UFA at end of year.
My statement still stands - IMO unless the Krakken dip into free agency to say sign Freddie,or another UFA/RFA, or Price or another top goalie waives his NMC, Jake Allen is in the top 3 goalies that would otherwise be unprotected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...