The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Rest of the NHL news and scores

H_T_L

19 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Yup,,,, definitely champs at exploiting the Cap.

18 hours ago, claremont said:

There are many fans that I have talked to that share your sentiment - I wonder if the league will correct that TBay mockery in new rules to come

Again, it's not illegal to use LTIR to your benefit. Many teams have done that. Where I take issue is that Kucherov and Stamkos were clearly ready to come back before the start of the playoffs. I have a very hard time believing Kucherov was injured the entire regular season and just miraculously was cleared to play at exactly the time the cap expired and the playoffs were beginning. And then add Stamkos on top of that coming back at the same time. If Kucherov had come back in the regular season, TB would not have been able to have the roster they do. So to me it looks like intentional cap circumnavigation and while it's not illegal to use LTIR it is very much against the CBA to fake an injury to use LTIR and to keep a player on LTIR when they are ready to return. The NHL should 100% be investigating this and if Kucherov or Stamkos was healthy earlier than stated, the two of them should be rendered ineligible to play in the playoffs and the Lightning should have to forfeit 1st rounds picks for the next 4-5 years.

Oskar Lindblom of the Philadelphia Flyers has won the 2021 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy. The award is given annually to the player in the NHL who best exemplifies perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey. Lindblom was a finalist for the Masterton Trophy last season, as well. In December 2019, Lindblom was diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma, a rare type of cancer that grows in and around the bones. The diagnosis cut short what was on track to be the best season of his career. (He’d recorded 18 points through 30 games at that point.) In July 2020, after months of chemotherapy, Lindblom completed his treatment. Then, in September, he rejoined the Flyers in the playoff bubble to help force a Game Seven in the Second Round against the New York Islanders.

• H_T_L locked this topic