The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hab Injuries

4 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I don't have a problem with them not disclosing an injury. The frustrating part is when they tell you the player is day to day on a return and then it stretches to week to week and month to month. Would it kill them to just say out for an undisclosed amount of time? They're there own worst enemy when they give you a target date and don't even come close.

I don't have an issue either but I dislike when at the end of the season they disclose injuries or whether a player will be having surgery. It sounds like they're making excuses for a poor season.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:49 PM, habs1952 said:

I don't have an issue either but I dislike when at the end of the season they disclose injuries or whether a player will be having surgery. It sounds like they're making excuses for a poor season.

Every team does that even the team that wins the cup. Usually the team that wins has several players with some sort of injuries, some requiring surgery. After a long season and then a long playoff run it's usual to have injuries' then disclosed. The year Yzerman won the con smythe he had to have a complete rebuild of his knee. I don't know why fans get so upset about any of this. It's a sport but it's also a business. 

3 hours ago, arpem-can said:

it's reported that Drouin is unlikely to play in the post season 

That’s scary - something really troubling him or his family that clearly interrupts his desire or concentration. We could speculate but that’s how rumors start so I certainly hope he can regain his future abilities 

5 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

Every team does that even the team that wins the cup. Usually the team that wins has several players with some sort of injuries, some requiring surgery. After a long season and then a long playoff run it's usual to have injuries' then disclosed. The year Yzerman won the con smythe he had to have a complete rebuild of his knee. I don't know why fans get so upset about any of this. It's a sport but it's also a business. 

Oh, I understand that but teams disclosing an injury(shoulder issue for example) after the season are still indicating a player may have a vulnerability next year which teams can still target. 

2 hours ago, habs1952 said:

Oh, I understand that but teams disclosing an injury(shoulder issue for example) after the season are still indicating a player may have a vulnerability next year which teams can still target. 

Actually that is true. Personally I don't care if a teams gives any information on a players health at all.

14 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Why? We could use Drouin. Drouin needs to sort himself out, but we're a better team with him in than with the guys we have.

Exactly. Especially if he came back healthy/no distractions. The Narrative that JD is not one of the 12 best forwards on this team is baffling. I can certainly buy the argument he's not one of our best top 6 wingers any more but I bet every team in the league would find a spot for him on their roster if he was waived or something as some have suggested. 

12 hours ago, habs1952 said:

I know for a fact this happens.  A player I have come to be friends with was asked a few years ago if he was playing injured and he said no - but he actually was - the team was worried it would potentially be a nagging issue the following season too so they told him to stay quiet about it. 

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Are we expecting Price, Weber, and Gallagher to be back for round one?

Yes.  The question is probably "how effective will they be"  All 3 have come back too fast from injuries in the past.   

With Gallagher Im the least worried because even if his grip strength is off I think he will be able to play sound defense - and i think that line (assuming they reunite Tatar-Danault-Gallahger) will be more about containing Matthews than scoring themselves.

Price theoretically should be the most likely to be 100% - assuming he has recovered from the concussion.  You're either concussion free or you're not. You would have to be pretty dumb to try to play through any lingering concussion symptoms.

Weber worries me the most because he was awful for long stretches this year making you think he was possibly already playing injured. So if he's not fully healed (reports were he was using a left handed stick and not using his right hand at all in solo practice) then you have to worry that he will continue to be awful. And when you know he's likely to get put right back on that top line next to an ill-suited chiarot...  its worrisome. 

Habs put up a video today of their players getting vaccinated. The video shows Weber getting the vaccine and sporting a cast on his left hand/thumb. The Habs quickly deleted the video afterwards.

38 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Habs put up a video today of their players getting vaccinated. The video shows Weber getting the vaccine and sporting a cast on his left hand/thumb. The Habs quickly deleted the video afterwards.

Well, that doesn't sound good at all. 

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

You just know someone is gonna sacrifice a 2 minute penalty to take Weber out.

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

The worry about not having Weber for the playoffs is lower than the worry of having him come back & still being injured.  A cast on his thumb? I mean seriously how does he defend with that sort of injury.

Maybe its nearly better & they just want to immobilize it but its not a good sign. 

FWIW this is the sling Weber was wearing.  The team said they took down the video because you could see his personal info on the screen, not because of the cast/sling. 

Interestingly, this is his left hand.  The reports were that his right hand was the problem (he was using a LH stick and not using his right hand at all) so of course now people are saying that this is a ploy - he's 100% healthy but this way guys will be trying to hack at his 100% healthy hand, rather than the one thats (at least partially) injured.  :4224:  Gotta love the interweeb.

E1TXNWpWEAEYV47.png

3 minutes ago, maas_art said:

FWIW this is the sling Weber was wearing.  The team said they took down the video because you could see his personal info on the screen, not because of the cast/sling. 

Interestingly, this is his left hand.  The reports were that his right hand was the problem (he was using a LH stick and not using his right hand at all) so of course now people are saying that this is a ploy - he's 100% healthy but this way guys will be trying to hack at his 100% healthy hand, rather than the one thats (at least partially) injured.  :4224:  Gotta love the interweeb.

E1TXNWpWEAEYV47.png

Maybe it's si8btrefuge to make the laffs think he is really injured. :P

13 hours ago, maas_art said:

E1TXNWpWEAEYV47.png

In reality it's probably his big toe on his right foot.