The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hab Injuries

H_T_L

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Skated by himself before team practice today, did not participate in regular practice. Renaud Lavoie reports that he looked pretty fast today and also commented that he had suffered a left leg injury (we knew it was lower body and the video looked like his left leg had gotten caught in a flexed position as he was slewfooted, so not surprised). Either he just hyperextended a ligament or else he has a tear in his ACL but is able to play through it and would get surgery in the off-season. Guess we'll see.

Im wondering - since they arent letting him have contact - if there's swelling & they want to make sure its all good (wait for swelling to go down) before they give the green light.   Right now i think its too early to be sure but here's hoping its quick.

On 3/4/2021 at 12:45 PM, maas_art said:

Anderson on the ice with the team today but did not take part in drills. Likely still out tonight I would assume. 

It's pretty obvious,  how much we miss this power forward with speed and goal scoring ability.  It terrifies me what would happen,  if Anderson were to be off long term.

35 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I guess we are expecting to hear that Chiarot broke his hand in last night's fight with Miller?

I would think so. Its possible its badly bruised but more likely fracture/break based on his reaction and them keeping him out of the rest of the game.

As i said in the thread, I dont wish ill will on anyone but this should give the coaches a chance to try a new partner next to Weber, which i think should work to our long-term advantage.   Kulak got the assignment the majority of the night (although they were really mixing up the 5 players all night) but he did look a little nervous to me. It will be interesting to see if they try Romanov or even Mete there if Chairot is out any extended period of time. 

20 minutes ago, dreegking said:

What’s up with Lehkonen. Hurt? Ofd man out? 

Healthy scratch.  They've been rotating that 4th line.  Tough to say who should sit, all of them have been decent.  Perry is probably the least useful from a 60 minute standpoint but man when he gets in close he's still got those sweet hands and he's really given us another useful option on the PP.  I suspect Evans might sit next. 

29 minutes ago, dreegking said:

Dumbass. Don’t punch helmets full tilt. 

meh thats one of the things I like about his game, he drops the gloves and often wins. Hopefully won't be out too long. But on the bright side at least Weber HAS to have a new partner now. I'm thinking it will be Mete instead of Romanov though, which would suck

42 minutes ago, maas_art said:

I would think so. Its possible its badly bruised but more likely fracture/break based on his reaction and them keeping him out of the rest of the game.

As i said in the thread, I dont wish ill will on anyone but this should give the coaches a chance to try a new partner next to Weber, which i think should work to our long-term advantage.   Kulak got the assignment the majority of the night (although they were really mixing up the 5 players all night) but he did look a little nervous to me. It will be interesting to see if they try Romanov or even Mete there if Chairot is out any extended period of time. 

Healthy scratch.  They've been rotating that 4th line.  Tough to say who should sit, all of them have been decent.  Perry is probably the least useful from a 60 minute standpoint but man when he gets in close he's still got those sweet hands and he's really given us another useful option on the PP.  I suspect Evans might sit next. 

Kulak looked horrible to me! Romanov looked much stronger. I don't think Kulak will ever be more than a third pairing guy he has the skill just not between the ears. this is a great time to try Romanov out no reason for any hurt feelings by Chiarot as he is out. I hope we don't keep Mete around for too long I feel he is a waste of time for us we should either try some of the other guys and get rid of him or get rid of him and make some kind of meaningful trade to shore up first pairing LHD once and for all.

11 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Habs announce: Defenseman Ben Chiarot will return to Montreal today to undergo further medical evaluation of his condition. Per Eric Engels

That's pretty much a confirmation that he has a broken hand. The only question is whether he'll need surgery and how long it will be. My guess is 4 to 6 weeks.

Just now, H_T_L said:

That's pretty much a confirmation that he has a broken hand. The only question is whether he'll need surgery and how long it will be. My guess is 4 to 6 weeks.

Hope he gets better and returns quickly, while he is not the best option next to Weber he is still one of our best 6 D men. Plus if he returns to playoff form Chiarot he is good next to Weber.

6 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

Hope he gets better and returns quickly, while he is not the best option next to Weber he is still one of our best 6 D men. Plus if he returns to playoff form Chiarot he is good next to Weber.

yeah I agree, the silver lining is that we finally break that pairing and hopefully never see it again, but Chiarot is no bum, we could use him

39 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Yup. Hopefully, for his sake, nothing too serious. But this does give us the much-needed time to break up that pairing & hopefully see that something works better. 

36 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

The problem is that "Playoff Chairot," while decent, also looked better because "Playoff Weber "looked like "Nashville Weber" (for the Pittsburgh series at least).  Once he returned to "Montreal Weber" in the Philly series, Chairot also started to look a lot less stellar.   While i think both are still useful, i dont think that was a sustainable performance by either at this stage. 

29 minutes ago, habsisme said:

yeah I agree, the silver lining is that we finally break that pairing and hopefully never see it again, but Chiarot is no bum, we could use him

I also believe he's a fine #5-6 dman (#4 in a pinch).  Simply replacing him in the lineup with Mete or Ouelette doesnt make our team better imho.  Moving him down a couple of pairings does though. 

2 hours ago, campabee82 said:

Habs announce: Defenseman Ben Chiarot will return to Montreal today to undergo further medical evaluation of his condition. Per Eric Engels

If it is indeed serious, there goes one of our trade chips. We needed to move his cap hit, if we were going to upgrade our LD.

11 minutes ago, electron58 said:

If it is indeed serious, there goes one of our trade chips. We needed to move his cap hit, if we were going to upgrade our LD.

If it is broke and he is out 6 weeks we could put him on LTIR but that only helps us in the short term.

13 minutes ago, electron58 said:

I think he'd still be movable in a situation where a  team is selling. They don't need him this year

20 minutes ago, electron58 said:

I dont think MB was even considering moving Chairot.  Maybe DD has a say in it but I am pretty sure MB would only be willing to lose Mete or Kulak from our blueline. Maybe that changes a bit with Edmundson outplaying Chairot this year but MB never seems to see the same stuff we all do. 

1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Let's not kid ourselves. MB has zero intention of moving Chiarot. If anything he's probably scouring the market looking for another guy just like him to add to our depth. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure he is looking but let's be real, no one is giving away star level Dmen there will be a hefty price for a top tier guy the question is can we afford it. there is a chance we could make some kind of move here we have a couple of guys who are not playing up to the level we need from them and are ufa at the end of the year, we may be able to find a Dman to fill in if we were to swap with someone who needs forwards it will be tough but there may be a GM out there looking for a winger or a center who has a Dman we could use. I really hope we see Frolik soon just to get a feel for what he may be able to do for us short term.

3 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I am pretty sure he is looking but let's be real, no one is giving away star level Dmen there will be a hefty price for a top tier guy the question is can we afford it. there is a chance we could make some kind of move here we have a couple of guys who are not playing up to the level we need from them and are ufa at the end of the year, we may be able to find a Dman to fill in if we were to swap with someone who needs forwards it will be tough but there may be a GM out there looking for a winger or a center who has a Dman we could use. I really hope we see Frolik soon just to get a feel for what he may be able to do for us short term.

trades like that rarely happen though, its usually a buy/sell situation, especially during the season. So its just a matter of picks/prospects and salary going the other way. No one is going to be looking for "roster players"

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Arpon Basu: 

Perreault just crossed paths with Chiarot at the Calgary airport and Chiarot had a cast on his hand.

Hand bones heal pretty slow. If wrist, really slow. But we gave 7 quality and a couple in the system doing good. All is just fine. No worries. 

• H_T_L locked this topic