The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hab Injuries

Well. A lot are happy on this board. So many Chairrot haters here. Now we will find out what many are wishing to discover. Who is the best match with Webber. Will it be everyone up one slot. Or will several get a shot beside very quickly? 

12 minutes ago, dreegking said:

Well. A lot are happy on this board. So many Chairrot haters here. Now we will find out what many are wishing to discover. Who is the best match with Webber. Will it be everyone up one slot. Or will several get a shot beside very quickly? 

I think we all saw tonight Romanov can play next to Weber but he will still make some mistakes that could cost us games. Looking at the calendar if Chiarot is out for 6 weeks we will almost be at seasons end when he returns without immediate help we could be out of the playoff hunt. Kulak had a few shifts next to Weber and looked awful, Mets was a liability all night no matter who he played with Edmondson and Romanov both had a few shifts and didn't look too bad but I would stick with Romanov-Weber as our second pairing at least until whoever we bring in is done their quarantine. 

9 hours ago, dreegking said:

Yeah I don't know if it's so many Chiarot haters as much as hating where he is playing in the lineup.  And now that he is injured, it takes him out of the discussion to package for an upgrade on LD.

10 hours ago, dreegking said:

33 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Yeah I don't know if it's so many Chiarot haters as much as hating where he is playing in the lineup.  And now that he is injured, it takes him out of the discussion to package for an upgrade on LD.

The bold part is the key. I don't really have any hatred towards any of the players. They're all trying to win and continue their careers, so I don't think anyone is purposely playing poorly. The question has always been whether a guy is deserving of his spot in the lineup and whether they're being judged fairly. I loved the David Desharnais story when he first broke into the league, but I did not love Desharnais getting the 1C job for an extended period of time without merit while guys like Eller and Galchenyuk got no chance in that role. I didn't mind Travis Moen or Brandon Prust as 4th line options but it seemed silly to play them regularly in the top 6 when the lines they were on would miss out on many opportunities to score. It seems like bad asset management to have played guys like Markov, Plekanec, and now Weber like they were still young and in their prime, when their performances tell you they're not capable of fulfilling those roles any longer. Same deal with Chiarot and Edmundson: both capable 3rd-pairing D men in the right context, but terrible asset management from Bergevin and the coaches to believe they can play the top pairing match-ups and minutes and do so next to another slow-moving player and terrible asset management to sign them to long-term deals and have both players on the same roster when they both really need the same spot in the line-up. So no, this was never a question of hating Chiarot. But if the Habs are going to play him as their #2 D man, then I'm going to judge whether I think he's capable of playing that role. If they want to play him as their #5 D man, you'll likely get a different opinion from fans about how capable he is of fulfilling that role instead.

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

So no, this was never a question of hating Chiarot. But if the Habs are going to play him as their #2 D man, then I'm going to judge whether I think he's capable of playing that role. If they want to play him as their #5 D man, you'll likely get a different opinion from fans about how capable he is of fulfilling that role instead.

Benn v2.0

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

The bold part is the key. I don't really have any hatred towards any of the players. They're all trying to win and continue their careers, so I don't think anyone is purposely playing poorly. The question has always been whether a guy is deserving of his spot in the lineup and whether they're being judged fairly. I loved the David Desharnais story when he first broke into the league, but I did not love Desharnais getting the 1C job for an extended period of time without merit while guys like Eller and Galchenyuk got no chance in that role. I didn't mind Travis Moen or Brandon Prust as 4th line options but it seemed silly to play them regularly in the top 6 when the lines they were on would miss out on many opportunities to score. It seems like bad asset management to have played guys like Markov, Plekanec, and now Weber like they were still young and in their prime, when their performances tell you they're not capable of fulfilling those roles any longer. Same deal with Chiarot and Edmundson: both capable 3rd-pairing D men in the right context, but terrible asset management from Bergevin and the coaches to believe they can play the top pairing match-ups and minutes and do so next to another slow-moving player and terrible asset management to sign them to long-term deals and have both players on the same roster when they both really need the same spot in the line-up. So no, this was never a question of hating Chiarot. But if the Habs are going to play him as their #2 D man, then I'm going to judge whether I think he's capable of playing that role. If they want to play him as their #5 D man, you'll likely get a different opinion from fans about how capable he is of fulfilling that role instead.

Truer words were never spoken.  You'd think Bergy would finally learn.

Dominique Ducharme on whether there's an update Ben Chiarot's fractured hand / if surgery will be required: "we're still waiting; I think he's got other appointments on Monday & we'll know more from there."

Danault absent from practice as well as his planned media interviews today for a "therapy day." Ducharme had said yesterday that Danault went to the room with something small but that impacted his ability to play at 100%. Some suspect he was in concussion protocol, others that he had a shoulder injury. We'll see how this evolves.

17 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Danault absent from practice as well as his planned media interviews today for a "therapy day." Ducharme had said yesterday that Danault went to the room with something small but that impacted his ability to play at 100%. Some suspect he was in concussion protocol, others that he had a shoulder injury. We'll see how this evolves.

He definitely looked off during the weekend game against Calgary.

On 3/13/2021 at 6:34 PM, kinot-2 said:

Dominique Ducharme on whether there's an update Ben Chiarot's fractured hand / if surgery will be required: "we're still waiting; I think he's got other appointments on Monday & we'll know more from there."

The Montreal Canadiens announced that defenseman Ben Chiarot underwent surgery today to repair a fractured hand sustained on March 10 in Vancouver.

The procedure was performed by Dr. Ed Harvey at the Montreal General Hospital. 

Chiarot is expected to resume play in six to eight weeks.

41 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Toffu will miss all 3 games against the Oilers.

39 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Now that sucks. So much for day to day. Now we're talking week to week.:rolleyes:

Yeah if the've already ruled him out for the next 3 games I would assume that means its something more serious. Did someone suggest it was a concussion? that would suck. He's been awesome so far. 

3 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Yeah if the've already ruled him out for the next 3 games I would assume that means its something more serious. Did someone suggest it was a concussion? that would suck. He's been awesome so far. 

It's reported to be a LBI

35 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

It's reported to be a LBI

I know - but it was speculation that i've read in a few places. Im not even sure what play he was hurt on so im not sure how he fell.  Either way, hope he's back soon. 

6 minutes ago, dreegking said:

Is Lack of injury transparency not against the rules? 

No in hockey all is said is upper body or lower body unless going on LTIR no teams has to give any actual time line or give the actual injury is. It is a business and as much as we may 'think" the fans are entitled we are not. I actually hope they never change this as it actually isn't our business. The individuals involved also are people with families ect. This could someday change now that gamboling is now part of hockey. This also helps protect players as the opponents may target an injured area. Hockey also is a sport that players play through injuries all the time especially in the playoffs. 

And I appreciate your efforts. No. None of that shows up on my screen like it used to. But according to your efforts and info that’s in my dude. Maybe it’s my browser then. I use Safari. But I did before. Strange. No choices to reply to quotes or anything. Nothing. 

2 minutes ago, dreegking said:

And I appreciate your efforts. No. None of that shows up on my screen like it used to. But according to your efforts and info that’s in my dude. Maybe it’s my browser then. I use Safari. But I did before. Strange. No choices to reply to quotes or anything. Nothing. 

Yeah,,,, it could be your browser. I use either chrome or fox myself and both work fine. I believe edge is good too.