The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hab Injuries

H_T_L

1 hour ago, rkgoalie said:

i think he hurt his right knee making a save yesterday.imo

While  Carey Price won't join the Montreal Canadiens for their trip to Toronto Wednesday night, interim head coach Dominique Ducharme said the goaltender is day-to-day with a lower-body injury that has been nagging him.

Ducharme added that the injury wasn't caused by a specific play during the team's 3-2 overtime win on Monday, in which Price turned aside 21 of 23 shots faced.

3 hours ago, habsisme said:

This is the best I could find on broken thumbs "A broken finger or thumb usually heals within 2 to 8 weeks, but it can take longer. It may be 3 to 4 months before full strength returns to your hand." I feel like its one of those injuries where its hard to put a timetable on it. Of course if we do bring someone in, we could do what Tampa is doing with Kucherov who will be ready on the first game of the playoffs, not a day earlier or later

Yes. Seems right. Depends on the break or fracture. Often it’s 6 to 8 weeks. 

I don't see why people think CC needs more time in the minors. The league is way different these days. How many 18 and 19 year old kids are playing right now? CC is 20 and has been in more high pressure games than the most of them. I think maybe 1 or 2 games in the minors would be fine. with Gally down week to week.  I think he'll get his shot next week. watching CC He appears to be really smart with the puck as well, not just the goal scorer the media puts him out to be. With better guys in the NHL to pass to. I'm expecting big things. Just Sayin'

6 minutes ago, xxdocxx said:

I don't see why people think CC needs more time in the minors. The league is way different these days. How many 18 and 19 year old kids are playing right now? CC is 20 and has been in more high pressure games than the most of them. I think maybe 1 or 2 games in the minors would be fine. with Gally down week to week.  I think he'll get his shot next week. watching CC He appears to be really smart with the puck as well, not just the goal scorer the media puts him out to be. With better guys in the NHL to pass to. I'm expecting big things. Just Sayin'

Its not really a question of whether we think he needs it & entirely up to the team.

It seems like the plan with most young players on this team is to let Bouchard (who is obviously overseeing our development path) look at a player & decide whether he's ready to go or not.  Its why guys like Poehling and Brook have not been called up despite possibly being better choices than some of the guys we've brought up. 

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Its not really a question of whether we think he needs it & entirely up to the team.

Of course its up to the team. But its fun to speculate on what we think is going to happen. 9 times out of 10 we're wrong but when we get it right that 1 time. We think we know it all. lol. I think he plays sometime next week. What's your opinion?

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

It seems like the plan with most young players on this team is to let Bouchard (who is obviously overseeing our development path) look at a player & decide whether he's ready to go or not.  Its why guys like Poehling and Brook have not been called up despite possibly being better choices than some of the guys we've brought up. 

Your Absolutely right on the plan but some guys really don't need that extra time. I really thought Poehling and Brook would fade away or be traded but it certainly looks like it's working for these guys. Their game has really stepped up. I guess  I'm a little greedy and haven't seen a cup in so long. I'm 54 and my back is giving out and I'm finding it harder and harder to jump off the couch when they score. So I'd almost sell the farm to win. LOL.

7 minutes ago, xxdocxx said:

Of course its up to the team. But its fun to speculate on what we think is going to happen. 9 times out of 10 we're wrong but when we get it right that 1 time. We think we know it all. lol. I think he plays sometime next week. What's your opinion?

Since you had said " I don't see why people think CC needs more time in the minors" I was simply noting that a lot of people (myself included) never gave it much thought since the team has already said he's going there. So basically - its not so much that people think he "needs" time in the minors, but more we know he's going to get it (whether he needs it or not).

If i put aside the idea of he being sent there automatically... its tough to say. Id be inclined to see how he looks - especially with Gallagher and Armia out. I mean I wouldnt want to rush the kid but if he came in & scored a few goals I think that would go a long way to building his confidence. Im not sure he's not ready tbh. I think questions about his "readiness" will probably be more between the ears than anything else.

6 minutes ago, maas_art said:

If i put aside the idea of he being sent there automatically. its tough to say. Id be inclined to see how he looks - especially with Gallagher and Armia out. I mean I wouldnt want to rush the kid but if he came in & scored a few goals I think that would go a long way to building his confidence.  Im not sure he's not ready tbh. I think questions about his "readiness" will probably be more between the ears than anything else. 

Yeh lets see how he looks. I've watched a few of his games. He seems to be good at getting away from being hit hard. Kind of like NZ, He can really roll away from a hit. I'm just so impressed with how he sees the ice. Maybe I'm a bit to hyped over this guy.  I'd be so disappointed if he didn't work out. 

Really a shame that Jesse Ylonen is hurt right now. I've said for a couple of years that he's a player to watch for and he's having a great season with the Rocket. Great skater, great shot. He'd be a boon to the offence now in Gallagher's absence. Caufield could easily too but it sounds like the Habs want to make sure he can perform in the AHL first. If I was going to guess which player would be first call-up from Laval, the odds are on Jordan Weal. Why? Because when they needed a defenceman, they went with Ouellet. In the past, Bergevin has frequently gone with veteran AHL call-ups over younger rookies. Weal has NHL experience and he's put up good numbers in the minors so far. I don't agree with it, but I think it's likely him who'll get the call (if they even call up anyone)...

Marinaro saying Price is out long term - take that with a grain of salt, he's not the most reliable source - but i have heard rumblings that it may be more serious than what the team is suggesting right now.   

10 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Marinaro saying Price is out long term - take that with a grain of salt, he's not the most reliable source - but i have heard rumblings that it may be more serious than what the team is suggesting right now.   

Any other year i would have called that a death blow to our playoff chances. We have a bit of a cushion and i have complete faith in Allen the way he's played. My biggest concern would be the heavy schedule ahead..

57 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Any other year i would have called that a death blow to our playoff chances. We have a bit of a cushion and i have complete faith in Allen the way he's played. My biggest concern would be the heavy schedule ahead..

For sure.  

I feel more confident with Price and Allen but if he is indeed out for a bit I think Allen-Primeau (who has been excellent in the minors this year) could work.  I think if price is gone for a bit, Lindgren and Primeau switch spots (roster vs taxi). 

The silver lining, if Price is indeed out, is the cap savings of having both Price and Gallager on the IR... there's definitely enough coin there to add a player or 2 at the deadline. 

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

For sure.  

I feel more confident with Price and Allen but if he is indeed out for a bit I think Allen-Primeau (who has been excellent in the minors this year) could work.  I think if price is gone for a bit, Lindgren and Primeau switch spots (roster vs taxi). 

The silver lining, if Price is indeed out, is the cap savings of having both Price and Gallager on the IR... there's definitely enough coin there to add a player or 2 at the deadline. 

The only concern is the loss of our cushion with two starters. If Allen goes down we're up that creek.

Ducharme says the team is confident Brendan Gallagher won’t need surgery on his fractured right thumb, but won’t know for sure until he’s evaluated further after the swelling goes down.

Just now, kinot-2 said:

Ducharme says the team is confident Brendan Gallagher won’t need surgery on his fractured right thumb, but won’t know for sure until he’s evaluated further after the swelling goes down.

Well, that's some good news. That shortens recovery time by a couple weeks. It will then depend on how quickly his rehab gives him enough strength to return.

18 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

The only concern is the loss of our cushion with two starters. If Allen goes down we're up that creek.

I would consider sending Detroit a 2nd to pick up Bernier as a back up for Allen. There is no harm in having extra even if Price is able to return for the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

I would consider sending Detroit a 2nd to pick up Bernier as a back up for Allen. There is no harm in having extra even if Price is able to return for the playoffs.

Nah. Keep second. Too valuable. We have a third. Time to find out what he has at the pro level. Is he a Demko or not? 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

In other words he had zero clue. Lol. Just optimism. The fact the swelling still has not gone down enough to evaluate suggests it’s not gonna be any time soon. 

49 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

46 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Well, that's some good news. That shortens recovery time by a couple weeks. It will then depend on how quickly his rehab gives him enough strength to return.

The concern is that Gallagher will come back before its fully healed.  Remember last time?  He was completely ineffective.  I dont think you can ever rush a hand injury.  Sure you can play through the pain of a separated shoulder or something but if you cant hold your stick properly.. you need to sit. 

Montreal Canadiens have placed Brendan Gallagher on long-term injured reserve with the forward expected to miss at least six weeks.

The timeline likely takes Gallagher out through the remainder of the regular season, with the Canadiens schedule set to end on May 11.

Placing Gallagher on LTIR, will clear his $3.75 million cap hit for the Canadiens, which the team could use ahead of Monday's trade deadline.

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Montreal Canadiens have placed Brendan Gallagher on long-term injured reserve with the forward expected to miss at least six weeks.

The timeline likely takes Gallagher out through the remainder of the regular season, with the Canadiens schedule set to end on May 11.

Placing Gallagher on LTIR, will clear his $3.75 million cap hit for the Canadiens, which the team could use ahead of Monday's trade deadline.

It sucks losing Gallagher but this will at least allow them to make a move

On 4/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, BigTed3 said:

Really a shame that Jesse Ylonen is hurt right now. I've said for a couple of years that he's a player to watch for and he's having a great season with the Rocket. Great skater, great shot. He'd be a boon to the offence now in Gallagher's absence. Caufield could easily too but it sounds like the Habs want to make sure he can perform in the AHL first. If I was going to guess which player would be first call-up from Laval, the odds are on Jordan Weal. Why? Because when they needed a defenceman, they went with Ouellet. In the past, Bergevin has frequently gone with veteran AHL call-ups over younger rookies. Weal has NHL experience and he's put up good numbers in the minors so far. I don't agree with it, but I think it's likely him who'll get the call (if they even call up anyone)...

I think it would be wise. He’s the best player on the team. I watch about one game a week the last two months. 

I feel no weirdness. Saying that Weal is playing better than I’ve ever seen him play since being a Hab. 

he would be my cal up in the playoffs. In fact he should be with the big club. Not Frolic

• H_T_L locked this topic