The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Hab Injuries

3 hours ago, H_T_L said:

According to RDS,,,, Armia has the green light to play and Chiarot is still a few days away. Price will practice tomorrow and could be a go for the weekend.

Good news. If we start getting some players back we can insert them into the line up and have stronger lines throughout.

6 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Chiarot taking shots on Price today. Hand has to be close.

Torn on his return.

On the one hand I think he's one of our 6 best defensman - but on the other, imho he's in the bottom 2 not the top - which is where he's most likely to play. 

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

Weber, Petry, Edmundson, Chiarot, Romanov, Kulak, Merrill, Gustafsson

Which two are going sit ?

Until Chairot is back I suspect you'll see:

Kulak-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Merrill-Romanov

Despite only being only a couple of years removed from a 60 point season, I think Gustafsson will have a hard time convincing the team to play him much. He's MAB 2.0 - so while he could undoubtedly help our PP if we cant trust him to play 5on5 he may not draw in much.  

When Chairot comes back... im not sure.  I assume they will go back to Chairot-Weber , Edmundson-Petry which i think is a mistake. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Until Chairot is back I suspect you'll see:

Kulak-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Merrill-Romanov

Despite only being only a couple of years removed from a 60 point season, I think Gustafsson will have a hard time convincing the team to play him much. He's MAB 2.0 - so while he could undoubtedly help our PP if we cant trust him to play 5on5 he may not draw in much.  

When Chairot comes back... im not sure.  I assume they will go back to Chairot-Weber , Edmundson-Petry which i think is a mistake. 

Who is lower on the pecking order, Merrill or Romanov? I think Romanov has been playing better again the last couple weeks after having hit a wall. Maybe my imagination.

I thought Gustafsson was better than Merrill overall. But what do I know. I am mostly a Habs enthusiast. 

35 minutes ago, dreegking said:

Who is lower on the pecking order, Merrill or Romanov? I think Romanov has been playing better again the last couple weeks after having hit a wall. Maybe my imagination.

I thought Gustafsson was better than Merrill overall. But what do I know. I am mostly a Habs enthusiast. 

I agree that Romanov looked better lately and I think as long as they feel he's not hurting the team, he has the inside track over probably anybody other than Weber, Petry, Edmundon and maybe Chairot.

I think Merrill is the safe player. He's being brought in to take Mete's space but Gustafsson has a hugely high ceiling, offensively at least... the problem is his defensive game. I know most of us dont put a lot of stock in +/- but the year he had 60 points i think he was like -10 or something... thats pretty scary. 

IMHO we'll likely see Merrill get a fair shot but  Gustafsson is going to have to prove he can play a defensive game (or, if our PP suddenly hits a wall & they decide they absolutely need him). 

55 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

DD says Carey has an "upper body injury".

Might be like what campabee82 is saying, from Habs at the Oilers, " Just got here read through the thread and saw a replay of what I believe happened to Price. Shortly before he leaves he takes a shot high. If you slow it down and have the angle from the shooters position it looks like the shot goes under his mask off the collar bone area. Thinking he may be done for a while if that is the case." 

It didn't appear like any contact from the Oiler on the interference penalty.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

Sportsnet Staff
@Sportsnet
April 19, 2021, 10:41 PM
Removed from Monday's game against the Edmonton Oilers after 20 minutes work, Carey Price is apparently dealing with an upper-body injury, according to Montreal Canadiens coach Dominique Ducharme.

Price left Monday's game after one period of play and was replaced with Jake Allen, observers unclear on why he was unable to finish the tilt after being told he would not return.

After the game, Ducharme said an upper-body injury forced the star netminder to the sidelines. Ducharme also noted that Price's injury wasn't a case of re-aggravating a previous ailment, but rather, that he was injured during a collision with Edmonton's Alex Chaisson earlier in the period.

Yeah.  I'm not buying that. He barely grazed Price.  Maybe Price got whiplash, when he jerked his head back so hard, to sell the mysterious contact. More bogus news.

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Looked at the replay again in slow mo & close up, & I was wrong.  There does seem to be significant contact such that CP's head does snap back.  Guess it would be tough to call on the ice, unless ref was in perfect position which they usually are not. I'm thinking CP will be out a while.

1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Whatever happened to Carey (i.e. bumped by Chiasson, hit high with a shot, or something else), his injury won't impact the team's performance. The entire team has been mediocre since our hot start. And Price has been one of our worst performers.

I think there's always  the chance Carey turns it up but I agree, with Allen we have a legitimate option so Price being out shouldnt hurt too much.

Heck, if he can rest up & be 100% for the playoffs, that may actually give us a chance to win in the post season. He seems to turn it up for big games. 

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Whatever happened to Carey (i.e. bumped by Chiasson, hit high with a shot, or something else), his injury won't impact the team's performance. The entire team has been mediocre since our hot start. And Price has been one of our worst performers.

If we put CP on LTIR do we get the cap relief to put CC in the lineup?

12 minutes ago, electron58 said:

If we put CP on LTIR do we get the cap relief to put CC in the lineup?

Cap isnt the issue, its the contract transfers between trade deadline & playoffs. You're only allowed to call up 4 players on non-emergency basis & we've apparently already used up 3 of the 4 because of great management by MB. So if we replace say, Staal with CC then thats it you cant call anyone (say evans or frolik) back from the taxi squad.