The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs vs Nucks Sat. Jan 23 @ 7:00

Final score  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the final score

• H_T_L pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, egee1953 said:

Need to be disciplined, lots of games and time for payback. Having said that, an elbow to his chin late in a 3 goal lead game wouldn't break my heart !

Hard not to believe the call would have been different if a Hab had delivered that head shot. The League starts us off with a brutal 6 game road trip (most of it out West)) then punish us everytime we look in the refs direction, while letting the same infractions slide from the other teams, and now this. Puck definitely not bouncing our way so far this season. Thank God the team is playing above it all.

So I guess there are a dedicated set of officials working all the North Division games. Familiar with a number of them, however, don't recognize all of them. Through first 5 games, I am certainly not impressed (and that goes for both teams). Saw Edmundson get an interference penalty in the corner for barely touching a guy who had the puck, while Kulak gets hauled down from behind right in front of the ref, but no call. Oh well, let's keep scoring 5 goals a game and we should be alright.

GHG

Edited by egee1953
Added a thought

NHL DoPS stated that Myers made a hit that lined up the body and made contact with the torso as much as the head. I don't see that. The head was the primary point of contact. Watch the video and pretend that Armia's head and neck are missing. Myers isn't lined up to hit the body at all, he's coming across in front of Armia's body and then leans into the head/neck area with his shoulder. He's not lined up to go into Armia, he's lined up to go by him and run into the head on the way by. Should have been 3 games. Here's hoping Weber launches a slapshot right at him next game.

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Grudge match??? NO discipline for the Myers hit on Armia. Deemed a legal hit by player safety. :rolleyes:

OK,,, study the clip of the hit, and know that that hit is ok. If the chance comes along, then go for it. 

AGAIN with these Nucks, this could be fun. :)

Go Toffu. 

Edited by kinot-2
4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

OK,,, study the clip of the hit, and know that that hit is ok. If the chance comes along, then go for it. 

You know as well as i do that if WE go for it, we get minimum 3 games 

2 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

You know as well as i do that if WE go for it, we get minimum 3 games 

Ya, prolly.

Legal hit my *as,  blind side hit making direct head contact,dah... ;" stupid is what stupid does" as per Forest Gump Lol... Habs will pick the moment for payback. How sweet it is !

Take revenge by blowing them out! I do feel though we now have a team that isn't going to back down from any other team! The last game I will say the reffing was terrible for both teams. The hit was definitely border line and at the time of the game makes is suspicious to begin with.

That said …………………………………………………..GO HABS GO!!!!        JK , Gallagher, Anderson, Danault all score tonight!!! 4-2 HABS!!!

Be interesting to see how Perry plays. 

Oh, and Toffu, I want more out of you than what I've been seeing. :ph34r:

Bonus, we don't have TO playing tonight. :)

Edited by kinot-2
22 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

NHL DoPS stated that Myers made a hit that lined up the body and made contact with the torso as much as the head. I don't see that. The head was the primary point of contact. Watch the video and pretend that Armia's head and neck are missing. Myers isn't lined up to hit the body at all, he's coming across in front of Armia's body and then leans into the head/neck area with his shoulder. He's not lined up to go into Armia, he's lined up to go by him and run into the head on the way by. Should have been 3 games. Here's hoping Weber launches a slapshot right at him next game.

Its the lifting of the shoulder to make contact with the head that's the tell for me ... he intended to make contact with the head, and should have gotten some form of suspension.

1 minute ago, H_T_L said:

Edmundson with a few choice words directed at Myers in the pre game warmup.

LOL, seen that. 

• H_T_L unpinned this topic
  • H_T_L locked this topic