Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mar. 30, Edmonton @ Montreal, 7 PM, est.


kinot-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Great start, let's hope we can keep the momentum going for a while.

Wow... that McDavid elbow though. Late and straight to the head, is there even another point of contact? 100% suspension worthy, yet not going to happen because we all know why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MALMACIAN_CRUNCH said:

Seems like Kotkaneimi has been the recipient of a disproportionate number of  questionable hits. How many games did he get for that questionable boarding call against Philly last playoffs?

If memory serves, he was ejected from the game without supplemental discipline.

Still wondering why Dube didn't get suspended for his headshot on Kotkaniemi earlier in the season though... it was "unavoidable" they said :rolleyes: You're right though, the questionable Zadorov "hit" on Kotkaniemi also comes to mind while we're at it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

If memory serves, he was ejected from the game without supplemental discipline.

Still wondering why Dube didn't get suspended for his headshot on Kotkaniemi earlier in the season though... it was "unavoidable" they said :rolleyes: You're right though, the questionable Zadorov "hit" on Kotkaniemi also comes to mind while we're at it.

Kinda makes me wonder, how hard is KK chirping out there? Clearly ruffles a lot of feathers. 
And didn’t he get a suspension tacked on? I don’t know, I could be wrong.

Either way, I think McDavid should get some level of discipline beyond a 2 min minor, for his own sake. Either the league handles it, or someone is going to have to on the ice. That shot can’t go unanswered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Great start, let's hope we can keep the momentum going for a while.

Wow... that McDavid elbow though. Late and straight to the head, is there even another point of contact? 100% suspension worthy, yet not going to happen because we all know why.

Yeah. He should receive a suspension for that hit.

The puck is long gone and he appears to intentionally target the head with his elbow. With that said, the NHL/NHLPA is probably more concerned about NOT having anyone suspended (i.e. don't want anyone to lose salary) than they are about protecting players, so... I full expect no discipline for McDavid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Yeah. He should receive a suspension for that hit.

The puck is long gone and he appears to intentionally target the head with his elbow. With that said, the NHL/NHLPA is probably more concerned about NOT having anyone suspended (i.e. don't want anyone to lose salary) than they are about protecting players, so... I full expect no discipline for McDavid.

Agreed, I'm not expecting anything but that sort of preferable treatment to star players is just flat-out wrong and I don't think there's any other way you can look at this. If someone like Wilson, Marchand, or some plug threw that hit while fighting for his job in this league, IMO there's a strong chance the league would (rigthfully) throw the book at them. These are exactly the kind of hits that shouldn't be part of the game, they're completely unnecessary and can lead to very serious head injuries. This isn't a hockey play, the elbow is intentional, stems from frustration, and serves no specific purpose on the ice other than trying to hurt the opponent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Wow... that McDavid elbow though. Late and straight to the head, is there even another point of contact? 100% suspension worthy, yet not going to happen because we all know why.

The league is apparently reviewing it.   It will be interesting - i dont *think* he gets any discipline but he's also gotten away with a few questionable ones so you never know. He did get 2 for the hit on Leddy a while back... so there's a history. I think the fact JK was ok will probably work in McDavid's favour (even though it shouldnt be a factor)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

The league is apparently reviewing it.   It will be interesting - i dont *think* he gets any discipline but he's also gotten away with a few questionable ones so you never know. He did get 2 for the hit on Leddy a while back... so there's a history. I think the fact JK was ok will probably work in McDavid's favour (even though it shouldnt be a factor)

Fined $5,000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...