The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Name: Kipp

Favorite Current Players: Subban, Markov, Gionta, Price, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk

Favorite All Time : Patrick Roy, Rocket Richard, Guy Lafleur

Born: April 25/79 Renous, New Brynswick

Live: Leduc Alberta

Favorite Habs Game attended : Heritage Classic 2011 in Calgary cause i was able to see Kirk Muller

Favorite Current Players: Subban, Markov, Gionta, Price, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk

Favorite Habs Game attended : Heritage Classic 2011 in Calgary cause i was able to see Kirk Muller

welcome_smilie.gif

Good to have you here, renous :) . Look around and jump in with your comments and thoughts. Lot's here to interest you. If you have any questions, or are unsure of how to do something, please ask,,,,someone will be more than willing to help.

BTW,,,,your just in time for a great game. :)

Name: Mark

Habs fan since: 1993

Home: Slovakia, Europe

Current top favourite Habs players: Budaj, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Plekanec

Overall top favourite Habs players: Roy, Theodore, Koivu

The nick GallysFTW has its meaning :-)

Welcome to the forum Kipp.

Welcome Mark, nice to have you here.

Welcome! :)

Hello all,

Stefan from Germany here. Follow the Habs since I was a kid, Ken Dryden and Guy LaFleur were my heroes back then and Patrick Roy became my idol when I was a youth and a goalie. We watched the NHL on the American Forces Network TV, only black&white then but those were the days, eh?

41 years old now, work as a full-time hockeycoach in my native country, never been to Montreal (yet) but wanna make the trip next year...

Where I live: Frankfurt area (Germany)

Favourite Current Habs: Price, PK, Galchenyuk, Gallagher

Favourite All-Time Habs: Roy, Dryden, LaFleur

Go HABS Go

Hello all,

Stefan from Germany here. Follow the Habs since I was a kid, Ken Dryden and Guy LaFleur were my heroes back then and Patrick Roy became my idol when I was a youth and a goalie. We watched the NHL on the American Forces Network TV, only black&white then but those were the days, eh?

41 years old now, work as a full-time hockeycoach in my native country, never been to Montreal (yet) but wanna make the trip next year...

Where I live: Frankfurt area (Germany)

Favourite Current Habs: Price, PK, Galchenyuk, Gallagher

Favourite All-Time Habs: Roy, Dryden, LaFleur

Go HABS Go

Welcome to the Habs forums, Stefan. We hope know you will enjoy being here, with us. Friendly members here :) . If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, someone will be along to answer them. Looking forward to your postings.

Welcome Stefan, I have relatives there that I have never met.

You love the habs so...are you my cousin? :lol:

haha doubt it...as my Mother's family originates from Cologne (with Belgian roots) and my Dad is Sudete-German, means he was a refugee as a kid and was born in a part of Europe, which is now Czech Republic... so, I am sorry, my "Hab-Brother"... :D

Merci beaucoup mes amis, great I can post in English cos mon francais n'est pas bien... I know a few basic French words and phrases and can ask for directions or for the next supermarket, but tbh I was very lazy learning French at School... :unsure:

As I havent been to Montreal yet, would it be difficult for me to communicate as my French isnt good? I used to coach in Britain, that's why I am fluent there (if you can ignore my Welsh accent there, as I lived in Cardiff for 3 years)?

As I havent been to Montreal yet, would it be difficult for me to communicate as my French isnt good? I used to coach in Britain, that's why I am fluent there (if you can ignore my Welsh accent there, as I lived in Cardiff for 3 years)?

You have a Welsh accent? I hadn't noticed. :lol::P

haha doubt it...as my Mother's family originates from Cologne (with Belgian roots) and my Dad is Sudete-German, means he was a refugee as a kid and was born in a part of Europe, which is now Czech Republic... so, I am sorry, my "Hab-Brother"... :D

Merci beaucoup mes amis, great I can post in English cos mon francais n'est pas bien... I know a few basic French words and phrases and can ask for directions or for the next supermarket, but tbh I was very lazy learning French at School... :unsure:

I have lived in Montreal my whole life and my French isn't that good, so I'm sure you would be fine lol. Also, welcome to the Forum!

I have lived in Montreal my whole life and my French isn't that good, so I'm sure you would be fine lol. Also, welcome to the Forum!

Thank you, merci, vielen dank, diolch (welsh) ;)

I watch some games in French to get used to the language, took me a while to get into it as it sounds completely different to the French we hear from our neighbours here...

;)

PS Welcome fellow coach Stefan.

Thank you, how's Greek hockey? And I thought I was the only "exotic" member on a Canadian board... haha

Which team are you coaching? I got 2 Turk brothers playing for me, the older one even represented Turkey on the international stage, but both were born and raised in Germany. Also got a Serbian International playing for me, joined us from Partizan Belgrade before the season...

Thank you, how's Greek hockey? And I thought I was the only "exotic" member on a Canadian board... haha

Which team are you coaching? I got 2 Turk brothers playing for me, the older one even represented Turkey on the international stage, but both were born and raised in Germany. Also got a Serbian International playing for me, joined us from Partizan Belgrade before the season...

I was coaching U18AA and U18AAA in previous years but I decided last year to start working with the younger kids. I now coach kids from 8-14 at the AA level.