The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

alzeimer, on 11 Sept 2013 - 07:25, said:snapback.png

Hi, Montreal fan since 1970, I am a hockey fan in general but always cheer for Montreal to win the cup every year (a dreamer but also realistic). So GO HABS GO

Must be contagious, I feel the same way :D

Well hello neighbors to the North. I'm from Plattsburgh. I grew up in a hockey family, Dad coached and brother played as well year round. I spent a lot of time playing tournaments in Qc so I guess I just fell in love with the city. A lot of people are confused as to why I'm not a Rangers fan. I guess my passion for hockey matched that of le bleu blanc et rouge. I mean it's 6 hours to NYC and 1 hour to Montreal so naturally my family spent a lot of time up there whether it was the Jazz festival or games at The Forum when I was younger. Then you look at your average Rangers fan and he/she probably roots for the Yankees, Giants, Or Knicks before the Rangers. With my family it was my brother and I getting Don Cherry tapes for Christmas while other kids were getting Football Jerseys so again I guess it just felt right to root for a hockey crazy city like Montreal. I'm almost 30 and still play beer league a few times a week. BGallys my favorite player. I was at the scrimmage Saturday, place was rockin, excited for the season!

~Chris

Long time lurker (mostly during the periods where the Magic Number thread is meaningful)

Looking to connect with other Habs fans and talk hockey, because there's only so much hockey I can talk living in Leaf Nation ... help!

Long time lurker (mostly during the periods where the Magic Number thread is meaningful)

Looking to connect with other Habs fans and talk hockey, because there's only so much hockey I can talk living in Leaf Nation ... help!

I feel your pain jrw. Same neck of the woods here. :lol:

Welcome to Hab haven.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Getting anxious for the season to start for sure.

Where abouts are you, hatethoseleafs? At least here I can talk Habs.

About ten minutes outside of Hamilton (Grimsby).

Question for our Ontario Hab fans.

How do you deal with all those Laff fans?

You argue. And make bets. And laugh when they lose, make excuses and bring up old games when they win.

It's not overly difficult. They don't have much ammunition to argue with. :lol: :lol:

Lol, yup.

• Hall of Fame
  • 26,643 posts

Posted Today, 04:28 PM

Habs-Rule-Forever, on 22 Sept 2013 - 15:55, said:snapback.png

Same way we deal with Prarie farmers,,,, ignore them :lol::P

I say to them, that I don't know much about hockey. I ask them what is a stanley cup. They tell me.

Than I ask them How many do the leafs and habs have. Than I get free brown pop all over my head.

I wonder why? Anyways, I love hockey. I watch all teams, mainly Habs.

My name is Bryan (Habby4ever) and I live in Orillia, Ontario. "The Sunshine City" I was reading the Orillia Today and found out that Bobby Orr’s NHL idol was Montreal Canadiens legend Jean Beliveau and Orr paid tribute to the Habs great by wearing No. 4 while playing with the Bruins.

September 19th, 2013.(Orillia Today)

I live in Orillia, and until lately, I was not aware that Orillia native Bill Watters, 70 has cultivated a lifetime of memories in hockey as a fan, broadcaster, player agent and executive. Many of those memories concern a Parry Sound native by the name of Bobby Orr. Orillia Today, spoke with Watters about his longtime friendship with the hall of famer in advance of Orr unveiling his official autobiography, “Orr: My Story” on Oct. 15.
Orr’s NHL idol was Montreal Canadiens legend Jean Beliveau and Orr paid tribute to the Habs great by wearing No. 4 while playing with the Bruins.
Watters continued to watch Orr blossom as a player into his teens, playing with the Oshawa Generals. Orr’s father Doug instilled in him a strong work ethic, cultivated from years of working at a dynamite factory. During his years at the Orr-Walton Sports Camp, located on Lake Couchiching, Orillia, Watters said Orr never neglected his responsibilities to the parents and children who made the trek to Orillia. In the eight years the camp was operating, I think Bobby missed 30 out of, something like 600 plus days, the camp was operating. He was at that camp every day and he expected that of his staff. Orr’s venture into the player agent business was some thing Watters had mixed feelings about. Being a former agent myself, I asked Bobby if it really was something he wanted to do, because some of the things you have to do aren’t always pleasant., said Watters. But Bobby said it was something he really wanted to get involved in and you had to admire him for pushing ahead with it the way he did, said Watters. Orr had retired at the age of 30 in 1978, due to his knee injuries.

I'm a teacher, so what I do is every game the Habs play, I tell my students there will be a quiz if they lose. So what ends up happening is that even some of my students who are Leaf fans, 'kind of' cheer for the Habs for one night.

And really...if you can get a Leaf fan to cheer for the Habs, even if just for one night, it makes my day! haha

I'm a teacher, so what I do is every game the Habs play, I tell my students there will be a quiz if they lose. So what ends up happening is that even some of my students who are Leaf fans, 'kind of' cheer for the Habs for one night.

And really...if you can get a Leaf fan to cheer for the Habs, even if just for one night, it makes my day! haha

Welcome to the forums jrw :)2sgn056welcometrain_zpsc7ceb7ce.gif

I like it jrw., :lol:twothumbsup.gif