The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Introduce Yourselves

habulator

Guest habs1952

Hello everyone! I'm originally from Montreal, Beaconsfield to be exact, born and raised and Habs fan. Now, living in Vegas. Glad to have discovered this forum.

Welcome to the forum Vegas!

Hi, I'm Brilac.

Here is a little bit about me:

I live in Seattle

Love Hockey

I'm in love with two Hockey teams

I enjoy flying up to Vancouver for the weekend and down to San Francisco for the day

I love drinking wine, eating dessert, eating Thai, and watching Hockey

I love cats, I have loved them since I was 3

I'm into old cars, but I don't know how to drive

My favorite show is Get Smart, I'm into old programming

My favorite place is Iceland, it's so magical there

Hi, I'm Brilac.

Here is a little bit about me:

I live in Seattle

Love Hockey

I'm in love with two Hockey teams

I enjoy flying up to Vancouver for the weekend and down to San Francisco for the day

I love drinking wine, eating dessert, eating Thai, and watching Hockey

I love cats, I have loved them since I was 3

I'm into old cars, but I don't know how to drive

My favorite show is Get Smart, I'm into old programming

My favorite place is Iceland, it's so magical there

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to your input. For the record,,,i loved Maxwell Smart. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

After posting for the first time the other day in the GDT, I felt I should introduce myself to the community in the appropriate thread!

My name is Sven, though most of my buddies call me Jabba and I'll explain where I got that nickname later.

I was born in 1971 in the city of Iserlohn, North Rhine - Westphalia, Germany, where Canadian soldiers, who got stationed there in 1953, built an ice rink in 1954 to be able to play their beloved sport, thus introducing hockey to our region.

Ever since ice hockey is by far the most popular sport in Iserlohn, in contrast to the rest of Germany where football (soccer) is most probably the favorite.

Myself I started playing aged six, turned into a goalie when I was eight and played that position until the age of nineteen in what were then the highest Kids/Youth/Junior leagues in Germany. Quite frequently we had Canadian and American exchange students, who taught us humbleness whenever they showed up at our training facility! :lol:

After school, I went to the military where I studied economics and eventually became a WSO (backseater), flying the F4 Phantom in the German Air Force until I retired in 1992. There I got my nickname Jabba, derived from the expression 'ja, aber...' (yes, but...), which I probably said just once or twice too often to my boss... :D

During my time in the military I was able to visit Canada a couple of times, I've been to Goose Bay, Happy Valley in Labrador, where we did our low - flying training and to Cold Lake, Alberta, where we participated in the Maple Flag exercise and partied in Edmonton during the weekends.

One moment that I will never forget was when I basically ran into my favorite player and idol (so to speak) Patrick Roy in Dallas (he was already with the Avalanche then)...I still can't believe I had this opportunity! :D

I was also able to attend two Canadiens' games, one in Tampa, a loss where, I think it was Vincent Damphousse, got injured during the pre game skate when he collided with a Tampa player, resulting in quite a brawl before the game even started and a win in Dallas, I think Martin Rucinsky got the game winner there.

So, I think this is all about me that might be of interest here, glad to be a member of this forum and again thank you all for the warm welcome you gave me the other day in the GDT!

Welcome! The F-4 was a quite a plane. I grew up not far from a USAF airbase while the 4th Tactical Fighter Wing was transitioning from F-4s to F-15s, and I used to love seeing the training maneuvers. Pity they've been using them as target drones, but I guess that's progress.

Glad to have you here. :)

• 6 months later...

Habs fan from Kelowna represent! Western fans are the best fans! jk

Hello everyone!

After posting for the first time the other day in the GDT, I felt I should introduce myself to the community in the appropriate thread!

My name is Sven, though most of my buddies call me Jabba and I'll explain where I got that nickname later.

I was born in 1971 in the city of Iserlohn, North Rhine - Westphalia, Germany, where Canadian soldiers, who got stationed there in 1953, built an ice rink in 1954 to be able to play their beloved sport, thus introducing hockey to our region.

Ever since ice hockey is by far the most popular sport in Iserlohn, in contrast to the rest of Germany where football (soccer) is most probably the favorite.

Myself I started playing aged six, turned into a goalie when I was eight and played that position until the age of nineteen in what were then the highest Kids/Youth/Junior leagues in Germany. Quite frequently we had Canadian and American exchange students, who taught us humbleness whenever they showed up at our training facility! :lol:

After school, I went to the military where I studied economics and eventually became a WSO (backseater), flying the F4 Phantom in the German Air Force until I retired in 1992. There I got my nickname Jabba, derived from the expression 'ja, aber...' (yes, but...), which I probably said just once or twice too often to my boss... :D

During my time in the military I was able to visit Canada a couple of times, I've been to Goose Bay, Happy Valley in Labrador, where we did our low - flying training and to Cold Lake, Alberta, where we participated in the Maple Flag exercise and partied in Edmonton during the weekends.

One moment that I will never forget was when I basically ran into my favorite player and idol (so to speak) Patrick Roy in Dallas (he was already with the Avalanche then)...I still can't believe I had this opportunity! :D

I was also able to attend two Canadiens' games, one in Tampa, a loss where, I think it was Vincent Damphousse, got injured during the pre game skate when he collided with a Tampa player, resulting in quite a brawl before the game even started and a win in Dallas, I think Martin Rucinsky got the game winner there.

So, I think this is all about me that might be of interest here, glad to be a member of this forum and again thank you all for the warm welcome you gave me the other day in the GDT!

Since I'm an old member who has returned, I'll re-introduce myself.

My name is FirstStar.

Passionate hockey and habs fan.

I use to be part of the moderating team. Then I had my first child and priorities took over.

I also had eye issues that didn't allow me to enjoy the internet. I even had to give up reading novels and PS4. :(

That's all behind me now and I'm glad to be talking hockey with other passionate hab fans. Also playing NHL 16 and soon NHL 17, again. B)

Guest habs1952

My name is FirstStar.

I use to be part of the moderating team. Then I had my first child and priorities took over.

I also had eye issues that didn't allow me to enjoy the internet. I even had to give up reading novels and PS4. :(

That's all behind me now and I'm glad to be talking hockey with other passionate hab fans. Also playing NHL 16 and soon NHL 17, again. B)

And we are glad to have you back!

My name is FirstStar.

Too bad you couldn't put on your Mods hat again.

JK, FS,,, glad to have you back. :)

My name is FirstStar.

Glad to hear all is well FS. We missed you here. Good to see you posting again. It goes without saying that if you want your old position back all you have to do is ask. You've always been a huge part of this forum and we all missed you.