Canadiens de Montreal

62 Duncan Milroy

madsprite18

I think someone asked for a source:

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/index.php?...display&nid=481

DUNCAN MILROY RECALLED BY MONTREAL

Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 12:33PM

Bulldogs summon Jimmy Bonneau from ECHL

MONTREAL, QC – Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today that the club has recalled right-winger Duncan Milroy from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League. The Bulldogs also announced that they have summoned forward Jimmy Bonneau from the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.

Milroy, 24, has appeared in 52 games with the Bulldogs this season, posting career highs in goals (23), assists (29), and points (52), with 18 penalty minutes and a plus-12 rating. The 6-foot-1, 196-pound forward is tied for 13th among AHL leaders in goals, fourth in the league with 13 power-play goals and 18th overall in points. Milroy is Hamilton’s all-time franchise leader in games played with 255, collecting 134 career points (58-76-134) and 113 penalty minutes.

The Edmonton native played his junior hockey in the Western Hockey League from 1998 to 2003, with the Swift Current Broncos (1998-2001) and the Kootenay Ice (2001-2003). In 264 career games, Milroy collected 287 points, including 132 goals (132-155-287). In 2001-02, he led Kootenay to a Memorial Cup championship with 17 goals and 37 points, both league-highs, in 22 playoff games. He added four points, including three goals, in four Memorial Cup games.

Milroy, who has yet to play a game in the National Hockey League, was selected by Montreal in the 2nd round, 37th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.

Bonneau, 21, has registered six points (2-4-6) and 89 penalty minutes in 44 contests with the Cincinnati Cyclones this season. The 6-foot-3, 224-pound winger played in 65 games with the ECHL’s Long Beach Ice Dogs during the 2005-06 season, accumulating six points (1-5-6) and 137 penalty minutes.

Bonneau, a native of Baie-Comeau, Quebec, was selected by Montreal in the 8th round, 241st overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

In operation since 1936, the American Hockey League is the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. Over 80 percent of NHL players are AHL graduates, and more than 350 AHL players were recalled to the NHL during the 2005-2006 season alone.

The Bulldogs return to action on Sunday, February 18th at 5:00 p.m. when they travel to the Giant Center in Hershey to take on the Bears. Fans can listen to the game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, 820 CHAM “The Legend,” beginning with the Park's Furniture Pre-Game Show at 4:40 p.m. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the ‘B2 Networks’ or ‘820 CHAM’ icon on the ‘Dogs website.

Hamilton’s next home game is on Friday, February 23rd at 7:30 p.m. against the Syracuse Crunch at Copps Coliseum. Tickets for all ‘Dogs home games (except home game #32) are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666.

Guest RadioGaGa
It's always Carbo's fault . Maybe they think after all the travel he might be a little ineffective. Better to be ineffective in the AHL than in the biggest game all year.

I'm not placing blame or fault...I recall Carbo saying that in an interview...that Andrei has to work harder and act like he wants to be in the NHL

I have a feeling this guy is our next Jason Ward, Benoit Gratton, Eric Landry, etc...

Racks up points in the AHL but can't make the jump to an offensive role in the NHL (same with Lapierre probably).

Still, will be interesting to see what he can do. Too bad Kostitsyn wasn't available.

Guest RadioGaGa
He isn't really big is he, anyone know how physical he plays?

Physical, like run guys over open ice...No!

Physical, like take a hit to make a play...dig in the corners...and behind the net. Not got knocked off the puck EVERY time he crosses the blue line...Yes!

Not a great skater....but fairly solid on his feet.

Guest Miltie01
Physical, like run guys over open ice...No!

Physical, like take a hit to make a play...dig in the corners...and behind the net. Not got knocked off the puck EVERY time he crosses the blue line...Yes!  

Not a great skater....but fairly solid on his feet.

That is good to hear.

The Hamilton newspaper said that Milroy had been called up, but I can't find anything about it online (even on the Spectator's site, it was only in the printed version). Maybe it's a mistake? I don't know, because if we send Milroy down he has to clear waivers, so I don't know why they wouldn't have tried a guy like Grabovski or Ferland or even D'Agnostini instead... we'll see what happens.

Since hes on the last year of his contract I'm guessing they want to see what he can do for the team when they're in need.

Guest CentreHice
I think you could be right CH... but who knows with Carbo at this stage of the season... he could be looking for a little miracle or two with the newbies called up.

Ya, I wouldn't mind them throwing him in the first 2 lines for kovy or something, to really shake things up.

Can't get much worse right?

Guest habsFREAK27

I wanted to see Kostitsyn called up badly, he was hot hot hot, but meh congrats to him an dhis wife anyways... Ducan has a good season so far with all the things I've read about him on Dogs site etc. hopefully he will play regularly.

Guest Captain Koivu#11
We know that Michael Ryder could be the most useless 30 goal scorer in the league. He started out skating well this season, but seems to be skating in cement now.  

Guillaume is 19 years old rookie and came straight from the Q, no AHL experience. He has gotten much better during the season. Milroy is 24 and in his 2nd AHL season. Look, I hope he helps, and the fact that he's a right handed shot is also a plus, since the Habs are lacking them in the lineup. We could use some new blood in the team.

Good Luck DM.

He's in his 4th AHL season, not 2nd...

Archived