The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jonathan Ferland

madsprite18

its not about giving him a shot or not at this point because he did play 8 NHL games last year

its is there any room?

so far it seems Perezhogins spot on the third line is being battled for by Lats and Kost

and a mini battle for Murrays spot on the 4th with Lapierre and Ferland

i think Murray gets the spot but we might see ferland and lappierre get called upa few times, maybe Chipchura too

Guest cup crazy88

I remeber seeing him about 2 yrs ago when the habs wher @ the sportsplex in pierrefond, He was hustling out there a lot and throwing his weight around, i noticed him a lot over other players...

its not about giving him a shot or not at this point because he did play 8 NHL games last year

its is there any room?

That's what I mean, he played well in only very limited time during those games and he's been with the Bulldogs for at least two full seasons. Plus his attitude and work ethic are superior to many current Habs. He's not getting any younger, he needs a full shot to either keep him or trade him.

Guest StratfordStreak

Well he has a good shot at getting the job if he deserves it.

He's got a new coach running things his way.

I think Ferland and lapierre have every chance to take a job away from Plekaneck or Perezhogin if they deserve it.

To be honest I’m a leaf fan and was at the game in Toronto but that goal he scored you have to give him credit for, most young players would have shot right away but he showed patience which you don’t usually see among young players and waited until the right time to shoot... I think this kid could have quite the career ahead of him... I wouldn't mind him playing for the bulldogs this year though (I'm from Hamilton)

Guest shanahan1024

Okay Plekanec is our #2 or 3 Centreman, are u crazy he aint losing his job no matter what. As for Perez , id say hes 99% on the team. The ones Lapierre and Ferland can beat out are obviously Downey and Murray, guys who play the same style.

Guest Burton Hab

The soultion is simple get rid of Ribiero and Bonk both these guys have had ample playing time to produce, and have not got the job done period.Bring on the young guys.

Guest cup crazy88

Ok Bonk is a PK/checking line center, is he overpaid? yes i would definatly say so, but he definatly has a spot on this team.

As for ribeiro, thats a different story.. he has some semi-decent production, however he is a defensive liability and has a very poor attitude, just plain lazy. Im glad carbo thinks so as well..

Guest Un_Lavalois

I like him! Why can't we just dress 30 guys?! It would make it easier for everybody, I don't want to lose that guy on waivers, I think he has to go there if he doesnt make the team

Guest Captain Koivu#11
Lets not forget

this guy scored in his first game ever, hes DEFINATELy a future 3rd liner hab

6"2 208 lbs doesnt hurt either

Yes, I agree. From what I saw last season and from what i've heard this preseason and training camp, he seems to be doing very well. I think he will definetly be a future 3rd liner Hab.

Guest seb_habs4ever

i really dont want to loose him on waivers!!!!

he comes from where i live - sainte.marie de beauce!!!

use to play hockey in his basement! not kidding.

if we do loose him, i really what him to be on a eastern conference team.

to see him play (cause he's surely a PRO NHL 3rd liner)

i'm surprised we haven't seen him fight yet!

he's pretty good throwing punches.

Archived