The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

84 Guillaume Latendresse 06-07

jl-1

Guest overlords
I think he will increase his scoring, but arround the 25 goals I think will be realistic.

I think if lats gets anywhere near 20 goals it'll be a blessing. I know the kid has skills but he's only 20 years old and he's no crosby. He uses his size well, but he doesn't check at the best times. If we taught this monster how to backcheck properly THEN i think he'd be worth what people think he's worth ( but probably not because a lot think he's a god).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest s.k 11

If Latendresse plays the whole season on the top line with Koivu he'll get atleast 20-25 goals , but he has to prove he deserves that spot first.

Expecting 20 goals from Latendresse is not unreasonable this year, provided he gets the ice time and the right linemates. He's not going to put up 20 goals on the fourth line with Lapierre and Begin and it's unfair to expect that of him. However, if someone gets injured or he plays his way onto the first or second line, then 20 goals is a very attainable goal.

Let's not rush this kid and seize every chance to crush his confidence. I had enough of that with Perezhogin.

Guest sholt_c33
I hope to see him land some bone crushing hits, and a few more fights from him this season

Does anyone happen to have video of the fight Lats had with Dennis Wideman, of the Bruins, from last season? Some friends of mine are quite close with Wideman. I would love nothing more than to share that video, of him getting beat up by Lats, with them...

Thanks in advance!

Guest habinto
I think if lats gets anywhere near 20 goals it'll be a blessing. I know the kid has skills but he's only 20 years old and he's no crosby. He uses his size well, but he doesn't check at the best times. If we taught this monster how to backcheck properly THEN i think he'd be worth what people think he's worth ( but probably not because a lot think he's a god).

and he will not likely play a lot on the top 2 lines. Unless players get hurt. I did not say hurt, did I? But not in jinks kind of way.

Guest overlords
and he will not likely play a lot on the top 2 lines. Unless players get hurt. I did not say hurt, did I? But not in jinks kind of way.

Thats the biggest problem. We have 1 expensive forward who doesn't really want to play. One who can't backcheck for beans and never wants to (supposedly) sign a longterm contract. Granted they're right wingers and lats is a left winger, i still think if something was done about their situation lats could get a tryout on first/second lines this year. If they both stay, then I can't see anyway he'll even come close to first/second line minutes with koivu,kovalev,ryder,kostitsyn, higgins, lahti. What about grabovski and locke who played hard to win the calder cup? They're players who will only excel on the first two lines. I'm thinking the only first line lats will be on is unfortunately the one in hamilton.

Guest habinto
Thats the biggest problem. We have 1 expensive forward who doesn't really want to play. One who can't backcheck for beans and never wants to (supposedly) sign a longterm contract. Granted they're right wingers and lats is a left winger, i still think if something was done about their situation lats could get a tryout on first/second lines this year. If they both stay, then I can't see anyway he'll even come close to first/second line minutes with koivu,kovalev,ryder,kostitsyn, higgins, lahti. What about grabovski and locke who played hard to win the calder cup? They're players who will only excel on the first two lines. I'm thinking the only first line lats will be on is unfortunately the one in hamilton.

We have a lot of kids with potential (calder cup!!) and I do not see how we can make room for them. Chip, Grab Lock....

As for your comments on our 2 top line right wingers, I have this to say.

Ryder:

I like Ryder because he is a consistent 30 goal scorer so he deserves to be on the top lines. The 1 year contract thing I don't understand but we cannot assume that this was his choice. When fans make to many assumptions the conclusions tend to be wrong.

No one on this team can replace his goals and we loss 26 goals when Souray left. So what if he is a little one dimensional.

Kovy:

Mtl will live or die (make playoffs!) by his frustrating performance but we don't really have a choice if we want to make a run at the playoffs given the players we have.

Kovy kills me!! but.....

Guest habinto
We have a lot of kids with potential (calder cup!!) and I do not see how we can make room for them. Chip, Grab Lock....

As for your comments on our 2 top line right wingers, I have this to say.

Ryder:

I like Ryder because he is a consistent 30 goal scorer so he deserves to be on the top lines. The 1 year contract thing I don't understand but we cannot assume that this was his choice. When fans make to many assumptions the conclusions tend to be wrong.

No one on this team can replace his goals and we loss 26 goals when Souray left. So what if he is a little one dimensional.

Kovy:

Mtl will live or die (make playoffs!) by his frustrating performance but we don't really have a choice if we want to make a run at the playoffs given the players we have.

Kovy kills me!! but.....

And for Lats (it is his thread!!) I think he will play on the ttop 2 lines when players will get injured. Given his style Lats can gain some good experience on the 3rd line and the PP. Kots style is not good for a 3rd line so he must stay on the second line. Beside I loved the Higgins, Plek and Kots line last year.

Latendresse is going to be good...possibly great. But people have to keep an even keel when thinking or speaking of this kid. They can't get their expectations up too high or down too low.

I think it would be in Montreal's best interest to put him on a line with Smolinski and Kovalev. A centreman like Smolinski could do wonders for Latendresse's development and could possibly help Kovalev also.

Guest habinto
Latendresse is going to be good...possibly great. But people have to keep an even keel when thinking or speaking of this kid. They can't get their expectations up too high or down too low.

I think it would be in Montreal's best interest to put him on a line with Smolinski and Kovalev. A centreman like Smolinski could do wonders for Latendresse's development and could possibly help Kovalev also.

Kovy needs to be given a clean slate and on the top line if we have a chance of making the play-offs. Kovy playing with Smolinski makes no sense (to me). We are better off dumping his salary if we play Kovy on the 3rd line. The 3rd line (and Lats) would be fine with Lats, Smolinski and Lathi (depending on traing camp performance).

Guest Captain Koivu#11
Nice to see him working hard and shedding 10 lbs, it will likely help his agility a bit. It is also nice to see Dandy go out there and show some leadership.

Yeah he will most likely be faster on his feet next year from his weight shed and offseason training. I cant wait for the season to start!

Guest RedLightRacicot
Yeah he will most likely be faster on his feet next year from his weight shed and offseason training. I cant wait for the season to start!

Good, he need's to be faster on his feet!

He will be a veritable power forward in this league. I like the way this kid is maturing. He's doing everything right. Last year he worked hard to make the team and this year he's working hard to help the team. If he improves on his weaknesses every year like he's doing, he is going to be a monster player for us for a very long time.

If he has really come along with his speed as much as it seems he has, I'd like to see him on the top line with Koivu and Kovalev, wreaking havoc and giving them room to work magic.

Guest RedLightRacicot
It's nice to see he is working on his weak areas...power forwards take a long time to develop though so I wouldn't expect too much too soon.

That's right and he is still only 20 years old.

Guest Paulin98C

I hope he has a great season this year, cause he showed us some good stuff last season...

great stick handling -> http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...2&sp=SGoals & http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...2&sp=SGoals & http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...2&sp=SGoals

some speed -> http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...2&sp=SGoals

powerforward skills -> http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...2&sp=SGoals

never gives up attitude, nice goal to tie it up and lead MTL to a win -> http://www.nhl.com/video/app?component=%24...2&sp=SGoals

Archived