Canadiens de Montreal

84 Guillaume Latendresse 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest habs_fan1160

Ok, a comparison not using Crosby.

Phil Kessel, born 1987. Played in 70 games with 11 goals, 18 assists for 29 points. -13. Plus he battled cancer.

Lats, born 1987. Played in 80 games with 16 goals, 13 assists for 29 point. -20.

Both are similar stats wise, but with Kessel you never hear his age as an excuse for things he does on the ice.

That's all I'm saying.

I don't have anything against Lats, he's one of my favs on the team, I just find it odd.

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK

Phil Kessel, born 1987. Played in 70 games with 11 goals, 18 assists for 29 points. -13. Plus he battled cancer.

Lats, born 1987. Played in 80 games with 16 goals, 13 assists for 29 point. -20.

Both are similar stats wise, but with Kessel you never hear his age as an excuse for things he does on the ice.

That's all I'm saying.

I don't have anything against Lats, he's one of my favs on the team, I just find it odd.

I find it odd is how people bash ryder for his play while the same people praise lats on his equal or less play thna ryder. Makes me angry when i see this.

......... with Kessel you never hear his age as an excuse for things he does on the ice.

Yes, but this is Montreal, Lats is from Montreal, lots of people think he is goign to eb the next young French Superstar or the next Bertuzzi . :rolleyes:

I don't here talk of Kessel being the next Cam Neely

That's all I'm saying.

Do you often troll the Boston Bruin Forums? or any team with a young rookie? its probally the same for all teams to be honest. Lats will only improve with age, and had a decent rookie season, thats it. End of argument.

And Ryder deserves more respect then Lats im in agreement of that.

That's all I'm saying.

But Kessel is a top-5 draft pick! And Crosby was a no. 1+++ draft pick. Which means that both players were and are projected to be elite forwards. Latendresse wasn't a top-5 pick. He, like the majority of non-elite players, will take more time to develop. That's why age is a reasonable excuse for Latendresse but isn't for Sidney Crosby or Phil Kessel.

Guest habs_fan1160
Yes, but this is Montreal, Lats is from Montreal, lots of people think he is goign to eb the next young French Superstar or the next Bertuzzi . :rolleyes:

And that pretty much sums up my point.

And that pretty much sums up my point.

Lats as some good upside. The media and fans (me!) are dreamers because they want to see a French star and he as the potential to be. He is a potential power forward and looked good last year.

I have never done a comparison of Ryder and Lats since they have nothing in common - too much.

Ryder is an established 30 goal scorer. I love that and appreciate that and think he should have been signed long term and he is an asset to the team and all that.

Lats is just a young kid with lots of potential that did great in his first year - Prospects tend to allow fans to dream, like buying a 649.

Nothing wrong with either player! Love them both.

Lat's could only dream to be on a plain with a player like Bill Guerin. Let's face it, because of concussion injuries this guy will never be a big time banger like a "Bertuzzi, Lindros, Leclair" type of power forward. He also needs to somehow improve his skating. I would expect this guy to top out at 30 goals as his best output for goals in a season.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, he is a solid player and will likely be a lifetime line 2 player, tops, and that is it. Don't be surprised if this kid dosen't make it in Montreal though - we have way too many line two players that will have much better careers than Lat's will.

Latendresse, 20 ans, aura une approche différente cette saison.

"Je vais moins respecter mes adversaires, dit-il. J'étais trop craintif avant quand venait le temps de frapper un rival." http://www.tqs.ca/sports/2007/09/S091327AU.php

So the opposition better keep there heads up as Lats intends to not be so uncertain about hitting and respecting rivals as much. Good to hear :D

i saw that in his play last year at least he recognizes it and hopefully he will hit alot this season i think the hit he gave what his face in philly messed with his head

Guest Un_Lavalois
Latendresse, 20 ans, aura une approche différente cette saison.

"Je vais moins respecter mes adversaires, dit-il. J'étais trop craintif avant quand venait le temps de frapper un rival." http://www.tqs.ca/sports/2007/09/S091327AU.php

So the opposition better keep there heads up as Lats intends to not be so uncertain about hitting and respecting rivals as much. Good to hear :D

AHHH, what a good feeling, EXACTLY what I wanted to hear from Latendresse!

Guest Habsfan_11

I can't wait to see how he plays this season. I read that article about him dropping ~10 lbs to be more agile and faster on his feet. I can't wait to see him play now.

I think that Latendresse will notch 20-25 goals this season with 45 points total.

Guest d80jcrant

That is awesome that Gui has lost like 10 pounds. I also heard that his skating has improved and he will be much faster this season. That is good to hear. He will no doubt better his last year totals

I think that Lats point production depends on his linemates and ice time. I guess that this is kind of an obvious comment to make, but if he's with koivu, ryder, he could notch 55-60 points, and if he is on a Garth Murray type line, he might only end up with 25-30.

That is awesome that Gui has lost like 10 pounds. I also heard that his skating has improved and he will be much faster this season. That is good to hear. He will no doubt better his last year totals

I agree. Ryder did the same last year and we could notice a difference with his foot speed.

Guest habs_fan1160

I'm looking forward to see how Lat's developed over the summer.

I'm not expecting explosive results, but I think he'll be able to improve from last year and build on some expierence.

I'm looking forward to see how Lat's developed over the summer.

I'm not expecting explosive results, but I think he'll be able to improve from last year and build on some expierence.

That's kind of how I feel as well. I think we'll see improvement. Not stunning improvement, but modest gains that will translate into increased productivity as the season progresses. And I'm fine with that.

That's kind of how I feel as well. I think we'll see improvement. Not stunning improvement, but modest gains that will translate into increased productivity as the season progresses. And I'm fine with that.

I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for MTL to expect 20-25 goals from him this season...40-45 points...maybe 50 points.

I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for MTL to expect 20-25 goals from him this season...40-45 points...maybe 50 points.

20-20 is reasonable, i.e. 20 goals, 20 assists. More than that is gravy. Also, keep in mind where he plays over the course of the season. I'm certainly not going to expect 20-20 from Lats if he averages 8 minutes per game on the fourth line with Begin and Lapierre.

I'm starting to get a little worried about Latendresse. Not really worried, but mildly concerned, I guess. He simply hasn't impressed me at all this training camp. He isn't skating well, isn't getting open, and doesn't seem interested in giving a full effort. Could he be hurt? This is not the way he should be starting the season when there are so many young players fighting for roster spots.

Archived