The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

84 Guillaume Latendresse 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MTL_RULES

Pronounce Latendresse just like someone said, Latin-dress, but then make the "in" sound more like UUUUHHHHHHNNN...ya youre right english doesnt have the french sound "en" in any words....too bad

Ok so.....

The biding is open. I predict 26 goals, 34 assists for 60 points.  

:D

I predict 31 goals and 42 assists for 73 points and 4th on the team total.

Good for you GUI, have a great year.

Guest Koivu Fan

Wow, this is just going to lead to disappointment. Assuming Gui makes the team (which he still hasnt done, but it seems likely) he will likely play on the 4th line. He is still really young at 19. He will probably come in and make mistakes, then everyone will jump on him and claim he is a bust and put 4 times as much pressure on him.

I hope Gui works his way up to the 1st or 2nd line if there are injuries (like Perezhogin last year) and starts to stand out, but we all need to remember, he is only 19 (and he isnt Crosby or Ovechkin) and injury prone.

Wow, this is just going to lead to disappointment. Assuming Gui makes the team (which he still hasnt done, but it seems likely) he will likely play on the 4th line. He is still really young at 19. He will probably come in and make mistakes, then everyone will jump on him and claim he is a bust and put 4 times as much pressure on him.  

I hope Gui works his way up to the 1st or 2nd line if there are injuries (like Perezhogin last year) and starts to stand out, but we all need to remember, he is only 19 (and he isnt Crosby or Ovechkin) and injury prone.

What do you mean hasn't made the team. Where have you been???

He's made the team buddy!!!

Perez will start the season on the bench imo, and Lats will start on the 3rd as he did last night. If (more of a matter of when) Carbs finds that the 2nd line isn't working cuz every player on the line is much too similar; then he may try Lats with Ribs and Kovalev (I'm hoping he tries that on Sat).

Even if Latendresse disappoints, I still think Carbonneau did the right thing. Why? Because he's defused the threat of a ridiculous language controversy before the season has started. He's declawed TQS and le Journal and given them no reason to complain that French-Canadian players are being held back, etc. Would we really want the team to start the season under that kind of cloud? Now that Lats is on the roster, everyone can get back to the business of hockey. The thing now is for us not to expect too much from him. He's just a kid, as Koivu Fan has pointed out. He's not going to lead us to a Cup, especially playing on the lower lines. Anything exceptional he does this year should be regarded as a bonus, not a given.

Latendresse and Perezhogin are both depth players and between the two of them will be lucky to play in 100 games combined. Latendresse won't even be in the starting line-up (unless they move Bonk down to Begin and Murray's line and scratch Downey), but I don't see that happening on a regular basis.

So, I think Mr. Latendresse will score 8 goals and 6 assists. I also think that people should be happy with that kind of production, from a DEPTH ROOKIE any ways.

Archived