The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

84 Guillaume Latendresse 06-07

jl-1

Guest cup crazy88

I downplay the steriotype that the 4th line should be "rarely" utilized, the habs lineup is going to be fairly balanced and since the 4th is the checking line i expect them to get a decent chunk of ice time, the other 3 lines should all be able to put the puck in the net, maybe not 4-5 goals a game, but we definatly have a balanced attack...

About the lines sticking the way they r, only the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line will be together all/most of the season if u ask me (unless theres an injury of course *knock on wood*)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that is the job of every GM in the league. To make choices that will make there team better.

It is the job of every goalie to stop the puck, but not all do it as effectively. :D

I was at the first preseaon game when this kid got the penalty shot, and he missed it.. Oh man.. I think him missing that shot ruined me on him, as i didnt like him the entire game, then he missed that shot, I will have to see him play well this season for me to think anything good about him. But as of right now im not a fan

Guest cup crazy88

Well have you guys gone to say any pre-season games or practices?.. hes judging soly on what he has seen so far... like most fans, we have barely had a glimpse since only 1 game was televised. Our first real look will come on friday vs the sabers...

Guest habinto
I don't think anyone should judge Latendresse to harshly either way.  The bottom line is, we needed size and energy up front and we've got it in this kid.  What he does offensively isn't as important as what he learns in his rookie season.

Also, I think Carbo kept him because Lats would not have learned a lot in junior. So he figured that it was better in the long run to keep him up even if it meant (which it may not be the case - who knows) bringing him a little early to the NHL.

I think Lats will do fine as long as expectations are controlled.

I Think That Everybody Will Soon See What Gui Has To Give This Team Its Been To Many Years Since The Habs Had A Franchise Type Player And If The Team Works With Him I Think We Are All In For A Treat This Season This Kid Is What We Have Been Waiting For So Lets Ease Off The Pressure And Let Him Work His Game

Guest NDSuto
I was at the first preseaon game when this kid got the penalty shot, and he missed it.. Oh man.. I think him missing that shot ruined me on him, as i didnt like him the entire game, then he missed that shot, I will have to see him play well this season for me to think anything good about him. But as of right now im not a fan

Did you know that in this game (in the same periode!) he had two break away AND this penalty shot!

He had a wonderful game, maybe as good as the one in Truro so I don't see what you could say of his game play...

You said that you didn't like his entire game...did you at least see the game? :?

By the way, I was at the Bell Center for this game and he did GREAT on the penalty shot!

I Think That Everybody Will Soon See What Gui Has To Give This Team Its Been To Many Years Since The Habs Had A Franchise Type Player And If The Team Works With Him I Think We Are All In For A Treat This Season This Kid Is What We Have Been Waiting For So Lets Ease Off The Pressure And Let Him Work His Game

I do agree with you that Latendresse could be a pleasant surprise for the Habs this season. However one small grammar thing buddy. When typing out a post, only capitalize the first letter of the first word at the beginning of each sentence. It just makes it easier to read. Capitalizing the first letter of each word is hard on the eyes. Other than that, keep posting and Cheers!

Guest sportsfreak_39

I like what Montreal is doing with Latendresse, its liek what Boston did with Thorton(No I'm not comparing Gui to Thorton) start your big power forwarf playign as a grinder learnign the physcial elements of teh game and let him dictace through his game if hes ready to jump up to the next line.

Guest Marshizzle

Hell do fine, I see him more on the 3rd line with Bonk and Johnson Though.

Samsonov - Plecs - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Latendresse - Bonk - Johnson

Perezhogin - Begin - Murray

Perezhogin can play special teams, i just think until he starts playing like he should, Latendresse should eat the ice time up.

I was at the game in Buffalo last night. Besides the obvious puck handling problems (which hopefully were just part of getting usede to the faster paced game), Guillaume really impressed me. Especially in the first period. He didn't seem as noticable after the first. I could see him getting too burned out if he doesn't try to balance his attack for the whole game instead of putting it all out in the first period.

he's getting in the bad habbit of trying too much finesse work out there, and that cost him at the WJC, he needs to get back to crushing bodies and getting in the slot, he's trying to stick handle and he's creating turn overs.

in my opinion he's trying to do too much to impress, he needs to go out there and work hard stick to his basics until he gets nhl comfortable.

Guest cup crazy88
in my opinion he's trying to do too much to impress, he needs to go out there and work hard stick to his basics until he gets nhl comfortable.

agreed, he will get more oppertunites and trust with time and effort..

Guest thunder1711

Having just attended the game in Buffalo and then tonight in Toronto I must say this kid is in over his head. His postional play has been garbage and he has NO clue what to do in his own end. I'm not saying he has no potential but so far he has been a liabilty to the team. The coaches has so much work to do on his postional and defensive play. Time to hit the video, work at it hard in practice or he's gonna find himself being scratched and Kostitsyn called up from Hamilton.

Having just attended the game in Buffalo and then tonight in Toronto I must say this kid is in over his head. His postional play has been garbage and he has NO clue what to do in his own end. I'm not saying he has no potential but so far he has been a liabilty to the team. The coaches has so much work to do on his postional and defensive play. Time to hit the video, work at it hard in practice or he's gonna find himself being scratched and Kostitsyn called up from Hamilton.
I guess you missed the play when he bailed out Murray with a diving poke check.

bw6

I guess you missed the play when he bailed out Murray with a diving poke check.

bw6

That was a great play. He's just a little nervous still and maybe like Link said trying to do too much or impress. He just has to settle down, keep it simple and play that physical game that got him the job.

That was a great play. He's just a little nervous still and maybe like Link said trying to do too much or impress. He just has to settle down, keep it simple and play that physical game that got him the job.
It all depends on who a player is teamed with and who the kid is playing against... Begin and Murray are still a bit away from where they were last year and he actually got less ice time because of the nature of the game... it will come, give it a chance.

bw6

Guest shanahan1024

You think if he doesnt improve the next 7 games, he could be back in the Q and Kostitsyn coming up. I mean Lats hasnt played bad, but I dont think hes ready for an 82 game NHL season.

Guest Musketball
You think if he doesnt improve the next 7 games, he could be back in the Q and Kostitsyn coming up. I mean Lats hasnt played bad, but I dont think hes ready for an 82 game NHL season.

Agreed, he's having a hard time keeping up with the fast play. He's always a step behind. Hopefully the coaches get him up to speed. But he should stay, no problem with that.

Archived