The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

84 Guillaume Latendresse 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The why was there all this hype about him at the begining of the season?

If you 19 in the nhl you better be good!! The fact remains Montreal made a huge mistake taking this kid. Now we're stuck with him in the line up for a while. I'd rather have kostitsyn Grabovski Milroy and Ferland in the line up any day. Those guys seem to have more chemistry with the team in less games.

Stop using the excuse that he's 19, if thats your excuse then he wasnt ready to make the nhl in the first place.

Lots of rookies have trouble with 82 games in their first season...this is normal.

Personally, this is just me, I think some posters here are just getting angry at Lats as a way of directing anger from the slump, take it easy,

yeah, he's 19, and the 82 game schedule might be a bit much right now. He sat a game, and hopefully he'll contribute in the dash towards the playoffs, but he's not the problem, or at least not the main one

Hes a big body, he just needs to go to the net more and throw in a few hits.

Well, yes, but he also needs to learn how to skate. I mean, he looks like he's got cement-blocks tied to his legs out there, especially when he's playing with some of our faster skaters. He also needs to learn how to play effectively in the neutral zone.

We need to stop worrying, he has talent and I don't believe it's just gone away, he just wasn't ready for the big club yet, it's difficult to overhaul his game in the middle of a season.

Expect a much better player next season when he can condition and work on his game, and if there isn't any change by then, his integrity should be questioned.

I agree next year should be alot better for him, as he will now personally know what he needs to do, Its different from someone telling you this and that, Hes now been here, and seen what he needs to do, im sure the coaching staff will tell him you need to work on this and that, go here or there and do what is asked, and it will help no matter what.

Hopefully he puts alot into his training so we will see a better player next year,

Mind you this is a kid who is 19 yrs old. and we all know he isnt any crosby/malkin.

So dont expect those numbers from him

Guest Miltie01

Quote:

Originally Posted by raydourque

he might end up being a john leclair for a few years and blossom later.

or he can be another pierre dagenais... not saying he is just saying he can

Or he could be the best darn Guillaume Latendresse we ever saw !!;)

Guest stevesaku
Quote:

Originally Posted by raydourque

he might end up being a john leclair for a few years and blossom later.  

or he can be another pierre dagenais... not saying he is just saying he can

Or he could be the best darn Guillaume Latendresse we ever saw !!;)

yes good response..but is the best latendresse worth having on the team????? this is why we compare him to players like leclair and dagenais..im not bashing latendresse if anyone is wondering

Guest panther
Well, yes, but he also needs to learn how to skate. I mean, he looks like he's got cement-blocks tied to his legs out there, especially when he's playing with some of our faster skaters. He also needs to learn how to play effectively in the neutral zone.

I agree. I also think his biggest problem is he doesn't shoot enough. He's too shy to contribute offensively. He's go skills, he just needs to use them ( deke and shoot more often)

Tonight is the type of role Latendresse should play every game. Only played 10 minutes but man was he ever noticable out there every shift just hammering everything(mostly Colaiacovo).

Tonight is the type of role Latendresse should play every game. Only played 10 minutes but man was he ever noticable out there every shift just hammering everything(mostly Colaiacovo).

Yea... Cola got violated repeatedly tonight by Lats, the hit that sent him head-first into the side of the glass near the bench was just cruel... turnbuckled!

Yes, I'm waiting for a month or so to see him play with Lapierre a whole game. ;)

And see what we get, a victory and a great performance from those two!

Very solid game for Lats on the fourth line, he was a bit borderline with one or two hits, but all in all, he played a simple, physical, effective game with his fellow rookies. I'd like him kept on the fourth line averaging about 10 minutes a game for the rest of the season. He's still a kid, no need to panic him by putting him on a top line and expecting him to go head to head with other teams' checkers or top lines.

Very solid game for Lats on the fourth line, he was a bit borderline with one or two hits, but all in all, he played a simple, physical, effective game with his fellow rookies. I'd like him kept on the fourth line averaging about 10 minutes a game for the rest of the season. He's still a kid, no need to panic him by putting him on a top line and expecting him to go head to head with other teams' checkers or top lines.

Thats a good point, I like him with begin as well, and with komisarek on D that line comes to more than 400 checks so far this season...

The oppenent better buy some ice packs in advance

I don't like this kid but i have to admit tonite he played well. That his spot, he should stay on the 4th line where there is no pressure. Allow him to hit, he cant handle the pressure on the top lines, leave on the 4th line with Lappiere and he'll have a good career

I don't like this kid but i have to admit tonite he played well. That his spot, he should stay on the 4th line where there is no pressure. Allow him to hit, he cant handle the pressure on the top lines, leave on the 4th line with Lappiere and he'll have a good career

If he can't handle the pressure on the top lines, why did he start to produce while he was playing with Koivu and Ryder during Higgins' injury? ;)

If he can't handle the pressure on the top lines, why did he start to produce while he was playing with Koivu and Ryder during Higgins' injury? ;)

Because anyone can score on the top lines. Look at Perezhogin. Playing with good players doesnt make you a good player, how you play on anyline shapes you as a player. If you can only get points on 1 lines out of 4, its not all the other lines the problem, its the player;)

Archived