The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

84 Guillaume Latendresse 06-07

jl-1

I'm still not convinced

I think he should attend powere skating lessons in the summer

I agree, as it stands right now I don't feel comfortable with him playing a top 6 role all season next year unless his skating improves...

I said going into the season that I would be thrilled if he could score 15 goals as a teenager in this league, which he has, and I'm very impressed, he has a bright future in this league, no doubt in my mind, but there are still lots of things that need to be worked on before I'm ready to go into a season with him etched in stone as one of the top 6 forwards.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Miltie01
I agree, as it stands right now I don't feel comfortable with him playing a top 6 role all season next year unless his skating improves...

I said going into the season that I would be thrilled if he could score 15 goals as a teenager in this league, which he has, and I'm very impressed, he has a bright future in this league, no doubt in my mind, but there are still lots of things that need to be worked on before I'm ready to go into a season with him etched in stone as one of the top 6 forwards.

Unfortunately on this team all our young players have question marks up to this point. I am sure management has a strategy for each of them to improve on any weaknesses.

Why? he has produced most of the time with Ryder and Koviu, and not so much on the 4th line, unless hes given the chance to play with them, hes never going to develop to be a goal scorer, on a team with no goal scoreres!

Why? he has produced most of the time with Ryder and Koviu, and not so much on the 4th line, unless hes given the chance to play with them, hes never going to develop to be a goal scorer, on a team with no goal scoreres!

lol.....the same could have said for Samsanov.

If he was never given the chance to play with goal scorers he would never score

He's doing OK

Some aren't ready to call him the next Todd Bertuzzi yet

Guest ram84

I've had my doubts about Lats, but so far he has had a pretty good rookie season. He could improve his game, like by not taking useless penalties, and being better in his own end. But hes only a rookie, so ill give him 2 thumbs up, cant judge him to hard in his 1st year. Keep up the good work Lats.

lol.....the same could have said for Samsanov.

If he was never given the chance to play with goal scorers he would never score

He's doing OK

Some aren't ready to call  him the next Todd Bertuzzi yet

The difference is Lats actually tries, unlike Sammy and some others that only put in effort every few games, i see Lats in the corners, throwing hits, doing his best. Please, you cannot compare a vet like Sammy to a rookie. Plus, i dont remeber Lats crying when he was put on the 4th line like sammy did about getting moved to the third.

Guest newton

Given the pressure he's getting, Lats is doing pretty good. There were times he seemed lost on the rink and the skating needs work but look at how Ryder gained wheels over the summer..

Lats is not a full-blown power forward yet but I like the way he's been developing so far.

The difference is Lats actually tries, unlike Sammy and some others that only put in effort every few games, i see Lats in the corners, throwing hits, doing his best.  Please, you cannot compare a vet like Sammy to a rookie. Plus, i dont remeber Lats crying when he was put on the 4th line like sammy did about getting moved to the third.

Exactly. Lats has the right attitude. Sergei Cry-me-river Samsonov could learn a lot from the way Lats handled himself this year. I bet you Lats out-hit opponents 10 to 1 also. Samsonov is afraid to go to traffic areas, while Lats, as a rookie gets right in to Poti's face last game defending his captain. So I agree, please don't even come close to comparing the two.

By the way I didn't mean he's a power-forward already. I guess I should have made that more clear. I meant we've found our power-forward as in, he will be considered one very soon. I agree that his skating is severely lacking.

But this player will become a force to be reckonned with. There is 0 doubt in my mind about that. This guy is going to be a consistent 30 to 40 goal scorer in the NHL really soon. He has an amazing attitude and willingness to follow coaches suggestions and wants to improve. Not to mention that natural ability to score, great shot and willingness to go to traffic areas. He's also amazing at throwing the body.

I know I'm getting excited early but this kid rocks.

Let's not forget that at this time last year, Higgins was the golden boy and everyone was convinced he was going to be a top-six forward for sure. No disrespect to Higgins, but he has struggled since his injury. The same thing could well happen to Latendresse next year. We need to be PATIENT with the kid and not rush him into a role he's not ready for just because the team is desperate for a power forward.

The difference is Lats actually tries, unlike Sammy and some others that only put in effort every few games, i see Lats in the corners, throwing hits, doing his best.  Please, you cannot compare a vet like Sammy to a rookie. Plus, i dont remeber Lats crying when he was put on the 4th line like sammy did about getting moved to the third.

It's not Sammy's game to throw hits, never has been

As for crying, why should he , he cried last year when they sent him back and would have this year too, if he was not annointed this year's " can't miss " pick by fans who want a French hero to look up to

They play a different game

Lats doesn't skate or stickhanlde like sammy , just like Sammy can't hit like Lats is suppose to

It's not Sammy's game to throw hits, never has been  

As for crying, why should he , he cried last year when they sent him back and would have this year too, if he was not annointed this year's " can't miss " pick by fans who want a French hero to look up to

They play a different game  

Lats doesn't skate or stickhanlde like sammy , just like Sammy can't hit like Lats is suppose to

He cried to the media about being sent back?

I don't remember that. I remember him saying it was disappointing and that he understood he had to go work hard in the minors to make it next year though.

You're being way unfair with the Tenderness. He's a really good kid and a great hockey player.

Guest habs_fan1160

Lat's looks big and slow.

But he's really had an impressive rookie season. By far his best game of the season IMO was vs the Isles. I was hoping he could turn that trick. I definately wouldn't have expected that one.

Hope he'll be a bit presence in our back-to-back games.

One thing you have to like is this kid has scored goals on just about every line this year. I don't know why they put him on the first line early in the season, but he seems to play as well there as anyone else this season. Even Higgens. Higgens seems to play as good or better with Pleks or Bonk anyway.

Guest leafsreallysuck
You gotto love his body..Nice to see a big guy on the ice

he can sit in the corner with the puck for ever it seems like,

Not only that but I like the rest of his skills also. If he gains a bit of speed in the off season he could become a really great player. He looked a bit lost out there after the holidays but he's turned that around in the last few games.

I'm glad he made the team this year, it was a great opportunity for him and I think he learned a lot more than he would of in the juniors. Seems to be a receptive player also, looks like he pays attention to what's going on around him and he tries to learn and get the most out of it.

Archived