The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

84 Guillaume Latendresse 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest habsFREAK27

so my guy fans that were *hey gui is our savior guy guy guy* where are you? Even though with a good amount of goals, I guess we can clearly see gui wasn't exactly the savior and too slow to act like the impact player some hardcore gui lovers thought he could be. bring up the real awesome rookies next year! belarussians reunited will rock the habs dancefloor!

Overall for his rookie Season he had a great year.

LoL, remember his first goal of the year, where the puck was on the line and he sort touched it in, was a quarter of a inch past the line.

All being done, he had a good rookie year. Hopefully he works super hard in the off season and comes back into this year in better shape then he was for this year

Guest habsFREAK27
Overall for his rookie Season he had a great year.

LoL, remember his first goal of the year, where the puck was on the line and he sort touched it in, was a quarter of a inch past the line.

All being done, he had a good rookie year. Hopefully he works super hard in the off season and comes back into this year in better shape then he was for this year

true, good rookie year overall for him personally though, not enough to help the team sadly

somebody push him to do some speedskating this offseason!

Guest Julie_39
He has to lose 10 pounds and working on his skating + stick handling + shooting + passing ;)

The kid needs work. but im sure he will be better

Ya with all the summer left...he will be better for the next saison

Guest TheFly

29 points and 16 goals, is really misleading.

This kid has way too much to work on that I dont even know where to start.

If he aint playing on the first line he aint producing and he should be producing on any line, thats what makes a good player a good player. People will say he's only 19, well if thats your excuse then he shouldnt be on the team.

Please send him to hamilton when he's eligible, he has a lot to work on

1. Skating

2.Speed

3.Defense

4. Positioning

5.To stop standing right in back of your own teammate in back of the net

6. Stop trying to deke the whole team and pass the puck

Guest KOIVU#11

I had the pleasure of meeting him at a mall in Montreal when I was up there on a trip, it was absoultey amazing, I was so shocked that I would see a habs player sitting at the food court in the mall it was incredible, he was talking to his friend who i'm sure he rarely has time to do during the season and he still took the time to sign an autograph for me and some of my friends, he seems like a really cool guy. Also his physical presense and the fact that he can put the puck in the net is exactly what teh habs need, I'd like to see that toe drag move done less frequently but other than that he's a great future for this team.

Guest KOIVU#11
so my guy fans that were *hey gui is our savior guy guy guy* where are you? Even though with a good amount of goals, I guess we can clearly see gui wasn't exactly the savior and too slow to act like the impact player some hardcore gui lovers thought he could be. bring up the real awesome rookies next year! belarussians reunited will rock the habs dancefloor!

no man, Belarussians or russians in general rarely hit and bring the same physical presense that lats brings to the table. Kosistyn didnt really impress me this year other than that one game against Toronto so I highly doubt he's going to eb a franchise player next year.

thats the problem with this team we have too many skilled players trying to rock our dance floor and instead of rocking it they end up midly shaking it. lats is what we need, give him some more time.

Guest habinto

Gui,

thanks for a good year. Looking forward to seeing you improve on this year. You and Kots will be a key part of this team in the near futur.

Guest habinto

Who is tarnation said that Gui was a saviour. He is a rookie coming from Junior. He did a good job this year. He evolved a lot. But, maybe one day he will be our saviour, or not!

Sounds like you may be a little frustrated because your #27 did NOTHING.

BUT you are right about the Belarussians - looking forward to seeing them playing.

Guest Habsfan_11

I think that Gui will score at least 20 goals next season if he gets decent ice time. He's only going to get bigger and stronger too. He'll be a real body breaker next year. I can't wait to see what he'll be like in October!

Guest NDSuto
The only 19 year old saviour in the NHL is playing in Pittsburgh.

Who said he was going to be the savior? Maybe he will, but not befor 4 or 5 years, untill he reach his full potential.

Who said he was going to be the savior? Maybe he will, but not befor 4 or 5 years, untill he reach his full potential.

Lots of people

I remember reading last year that there was no reason to try and get Bertuzzi and " we have our own POWER forward "

Guest NDSuto

Haha don't listen to those people. ;)

I'd prefer to have both Bertuzzi and Latendresse in my team!

It's not objective to think that he can't be the savior next year, but maybe he'll become a Bertuzzi or even a better player than Bertuzzi was with Naslund...who knows?

Lots of people

I remember reading last year that there was no reason to try and get Bertuzzi and " we have our own POWER forward "

Agreed. I remember trying to convince people not to put so much pressure on the kid by anointing him our 'power forward' so quickly, but to no avail. This is a good time for us to step back and get some perspective. Lats is not our power forward right now, he's just a 19-year-old rookie who's done better than expected, but whose future is still largely up in the air. He may become our Bertuzzi, or he may not. Let's wait and see, and try to judge him based on what he brings to the table and his continued development, not based on what we're desperately trying to find in him because the team happens to need a power forward.

Young players like Guillaume Latendresse, Patrice Bergeron and Sidney Crosby who rode the fast track to the NHL may grab headlines, but their rapid rise through the ranks is hardly the norm.

:shock: I can't believe they are lumping Lats in with Bergeron and Crosby. Yes, Lats had a good season (not as good as Ryders rookie season!) but he is HARDLY in the same boat as Bergeron or Crosby.

If they are alluding to the fact he started young, well, sure that's a valid point... But he isn't as near as an impact player like those two were at his age.

Lats will be huge in a few years. Right now, it's premature to add his name to that group.

Guest jeff33

i dont even know if hes gonna be huge in a few years. i know hes only 19 but im not seeing top 6 with this guy right now. i see him maybe being really good on the third line, unless he ups his speed a lot

Archived