The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

11 Saku Koivu 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hoyle00cdn
The hockey news graded us as a D+. Talk about low, i think we're better than that.

If those sports analysts were actually good at what they do, they'd have managerial jobs in the NHL.

Guest Un_Lavalois
True...but I would never blame him if he wanted out...he has done so much for that city...

Sad but true, I wouldnt be surprised.. If Koivu wants out, you can skratch any name off the UFA list, they are gonna fear the team.. but for some reason, I always wanted to see how Koivu would look like in another jersey, he'd be better somewhere else, Gainey should boycott some of the press ( TQS..) I cant believe all these people are still allowed to speak to the team and badmouth our captain like that.

now let me show you the lines if Koivu leaves:

Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder

Latendresse - Smolinski - Kovalev

Lahti- Lapierre - Kostitsyn

Ferland- Begin - Kostopoulos

LOL!!!! Sorry but without Koivu, there's no Habs this season, if he does gets traded, I hope its to the Ducks so he plays with Selanne, i'd actually be thrilled!

Guest Un_Lavalois
I think it is time for the Habs to do eithe rone of two things

1. The whole team and organization boycott all media and never talk to them again.

2. Pick say 5 reporters that they deal with and only speak to those 5 people, whoever they might be and working for.

3. Media does suck in Montreal....End of story.

That would put them in their place, I LOVE that idea! If you cant report right, you dont report at all, dont mess our team up!

Sad but true, I wouldnt be surprised.. If Koivu wants out, you can skratch any name off the UFA list, they are gonna fear the team.. but for some reason, I always wanted to see how Koivu would look like in another jersey, he'd be better somewhere else, Gainey should boycott some of the press ( TQS..) I cant believe all these people are still allowed to speak to the team and badmouth our captain like that.

now let me show you the lines if Koivu leaves:

Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder

Latendresse - Smolinski - Kovalev

Lahti- Lapierre - Kostitsyn

Ferland- Begin - Kostopoulos

LOL!!!! Sorry but without Koivu, there's no Habs this season, if he does gets traded, I hope its to the Ducks so he plays with Selanne, i'd actually be thrilled!

I'm sorry but if we trade KOIVU we will get something decent in return so the lines wouldn't be like yours. :blink:

Guest Bobineau
Absolute garbage. :angry:

They've had it in for Koivu for a long time now. Sure, let's drive another great captain out of town so he can win a Cup somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Where are these credible sources that claim Koivu asked to be traded? This is the kind of nonsense that even Eklund might think twice about publishing. What a joke, and an insult to Koivu.

TQS is an entertainment channel, all that they present should be taken with a grain of salt, which include their news programs and sport shows.

It's not really fair to other media sources, who follow the Habs, to stick'em in the same basket as TQS. The "montreal media" issue is vastly overblown, they have gotten lost in translation on many occasions.

I'm sorry but if we trade KOIVU we will get something decent in return so the lines wouldn't be like yours. :blink:

Koivu's value to this team is much higher than it would be on the trade market though. On this team he is the number #1 center, captain, heart and soul of the team...but on others he is just a good second line center.

The return wouldn't be horrible...but not as high as some might think.

Koivu's value to this team is much higher than it would be on the trade market though. On this team he is the number #1 center, captain, heart and soul of the team...but on others he is just a good second line center.

The return wouldn't be horrible...but not as high as some might think.

Exactly ,totally correct post

We (collectively as Habs fans) should get some facts straight about this story.

The comment that the TSN article is referring to was made earlier in the summer, (http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20070825/CPSPORTS01/708250642/6730/CPACTUALITES) but TSN fails to clarify this (just like most media outlets the work that goes into their stories is shoddy at best). At the Golf event Saku clarified what he stated; paraphrasing Koivu, on paper the Habs might not look like a cup team but if you make the playoffs anything can happen – and subsequently, he thinks they can make the playoffs. So, it really isn’t a story at all, but since people prefer to make conclusions based on headlines (because reading the whole story or thinking critically about it would just take too long) we have this whirl wind of controversy…

This is the result of miscommunication and lazy journalism, don’t make more of it.

The comment that the TSN article is referring to was made earlier in the summer, (http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20070825/CPSPORTS01/708250642/6730/CPACTUALITES) but TSN fails to clarify this (just like most media outlets the work that goes into their stories is shoddy at best). At the Golf event Saku clarified what he stated; paraphrasing Koivu, on paper the Habs might not look like a cup team but if you make the playoffs anything can happen – and subsequently, he thinks they can make the playoffs. So, it really isn’t a story at all, but since people prefer to make conclusions based on headlines (because reading the whole story or thinking critically about it would just take too long) we have this whirl wind of controversy…

This is the result of miscommunication and lazy journalism, don’t make more of it.

so i actually did have my facts straight cause i never read that article and it wasnt my fault tsn stinks at journalism.

It sounded like he said it yesterday.

so i actually did have my facts straight cause i never read that article and it wasnt my fault tsn stinks at journalism.

It sounded like he said it yesterday.

Thats the point though (my post was not aimed just at you), this story is on every message board and almost on every one people are just taking it as TSN presents it. It took me two minutes to find that La Presse article and figure out what was going on. People should be critical of all media outlets, even sports ones.

Guest Miltie01

The translated version of the interview that I saw, on another board, did not have this part anywhere in it. The but if you make the PO anything can happen part. It ended abruptly after Saku saying we were not going to win the cup. Nothing was mentioned about on paper either. But was this the result of translation, or possably the reporter not transcribing the interview word for word ? That is the trouble with second hand info.

The translated version of the interview that I saw, on another board, did not have this part anywhere in it. The but if you make the PO anything can happen part. It ended abruptly after Saku saying we were not going to win the cup. Nothing was mentioned about on paper either. But was this the result of translation, or possably the reporter not transcribing the interview word for word ? That is the trouble with second hand info.

Sorry, thats just my bad writing skills. I should have broken that sentence up. Koivu said that he thinks that the team can make the playoffs (make the playoffs anything can happen was my add on)...and almost every player has said that phrase at one point.

But really, what he essentially said is that the team should not get ahead of itself...which every captain would probably say.

Guest Miltie01
Sorry, thats just my bad writing skills. I should have broken that sentence up. Koivu said that he thinks that the team can make the playoffs (make the playoffs anything can happen was my add on)...and almost every player has said that phrase at one point.

But really, what he essentially said is that the team should not get ahead of itself...which every captain would probably say.

During the Golf Tournament Saku attested to meaning this, and that he was misquoted or taken out of context.

And I will say, it would sound a heck of alot more like Koivu with those things added in !!!!

Saku has always had this team and winning close to his heart !!!!

Archived