The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

11 Saku Koivu 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Miltie01
Has La Presse mentioned anything about the fact that Briere's agent has denied this whole sordid nontroversy? :rolleyes:

Didn't think so.

Briere's father said that no such demands were made !!!!

I wonder if Trembley thinks he is a liar ?

Briere's father said that no such demands were made !!!!

I wonder if Trembley thinks he is a liar ?

Well, of course, Miltie, didn't you know? Everyone but Tremblay is wrong, misinformed, or an outright liar. :rolleyes::P

This entire story was made up to sell papers and turn the screws on Saku yet again. It makes me very sad to see how low we've sunk since 01-02, when Koivu came back from cancer and the building was echoing with "Saku! Saku!" chants. :(

Well, of course, Miltie, didn't you know? Everyone but Tremblay is wrong, misinformed, or an outright liar. :rolleyes::P

This entire story was made up to sell papers and turn the screws on Saku yet again. It makes me very sad to see how low we've sunk since 01-02, when Koivu came back from cancer and the building was echoing with "Saku! Saku!" chants. :(

How do you predict Saku will feel about the fure of the habs at the end of this season?

How do you predict Saku will feel about the fure of the habs at the end of this season?

Honestly, couldn't tell ya. ;) It depends on how our season goes. If we make the playoffs and show signs of becoming a legit contender in the near future, I think Saku will be energized. But if we tank or miss the playoffs again, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for a trade to a contender in the offseason. The guy's not getting any younger and he wants to win the Cup as much as anyone.

I still prefer my idea of punching them all in the throat when they are not watching ;)

That would keep them from talking, but not from writing. I say we break their fingers to! :lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't blame Koivu for requesting a trade if he did, and then watch the media questioning Gainey's ability to draft UFA's... <_<

Guest 1970 Habs

I have said it once and I will say it again, Koivu is the "Heart and Soul" of the team.

He made his mark on the team the year he returned from cancer and led his team into the playoffs.

Guest habs_fan1160
I have said it once and I will say it again, Koivu is the "Heart and Soul" of the team.

He made his mark on the team the year he returned from cancer and led his team into the playoffs.

Great post, without Koivu we'd have very little heart and soul. Look how much the team crumbles when he's out of the line up.

Guest habs_fan1160
we could stop buying their papers...that would be the hardest hit of all.

It definately would, but you'd have to have more than just a handful of people that stop buying them. It'd have to be a large enough group for that media outlet to notice. If the loss of 400 sales wouldn't really affect them because they're a bigger paper.

Guest habs_fan1160
There is a petition online started to boycott La Presse already, I do't have the link saved but when I looked at it yesterday, it already had 2300+ signatures =)

Hopefully once the petiton is completed someone sends it to La Presse. It won't do any good if they don't know about it.

Guest habs_fan1160

Poor Koivu.

He's a player that deserves a team, city, fans and media that respect him.

With all the accomplishments he's had in his career and off the ice, it makes me tired just thinking of all the things he's done.

If the people that bash him and the media were half the type of guy Saku is, it'd be a far better world.

Guest habs_fan1160

Wow, not the start from Captain K I was hoping for or expecting.

He pretty much made himself invisible the whole game, until his goal, which was the only shift IMO he put any effort into. Beauty of a goal to try and make up for a well below average game.

Not too often I have anything negative to say about Koivu, but wow.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived