The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

11 Saku Koivu 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just realized that we are going to play against Mikko koivu team, who is koivu brother (which i never knew), apperently he is good in penalty shots, personnaly i have never seen him on ice.

http://www.wild.com/team/player.asp?player_id=12

Mikko bet Saku lastyear when we were in Minnesota

Guest Firestar
Well if you want to debate who's more important to this team, I think it's pretty clear it's Saku...

Is Kovalev overpaid? Yes I think he is... But owell... Just my opinion.

When did I say I wished to debate this ?

Guest habs_fan1160
Mikko bet Saku lastyear when we were in Minnesota

Lol, that's one of my favourite games of the season when we play the Wild because of the Mikko/Saku thing.

With any luck some day Mikko will end up on our team, I've heard he's a heck of a guy.

Guest habs_fan1160
Look at Mikko's point, hes doing almost as well as Saku, 14 points in 19 games

Mikko is a lot younger than Koivu and I believe on his scouting report he was supposed to be a pretty decent goal scorer.

I think Mikko will break out in the NHL I notice a lot this year he's credited for goals with the wild where as last year you really didn't hear too much about him.

Koivu Sr may have some competition lol. However, I've heard Koivu is pretty proud of his little brother.

Wouldn't it be great to have both of these guys playing on our team? I think they'd bring a lot to the team.

Hello!

I'm girl from Finland and I closely follow "our boy's" in NHL.

Saku Koivu is my favorite player. He has gone trough so many things in his life, but he has survived. Habs maybe have greatest captain in hockey history. Team Finland has the same privilege to be lead by this great player.

It's been so warming to see how much people of Montreal like him :D cause we like him too in Finland :D

Hello!

Saku Koivu is my favorite player. He has gone trough so many things in his life, but he has survived. Habs maybe have greatest captain in hockey history. Team Finland has the same privilege to be lead by this great player.  

It's been so warming to see how much people of Montreal like him :D cause we like him too in Finland :D

Welcome to the forum, we can never have enough Saku fans :D

Although I completely see the sentimental value involved in bringin in Koivu's brother, I would have to ask myself if this is the right thing for a team.

It could be tricky having two brothers playing on the same team as it could create tension and cliques potentially.

It's something I'd be careful with myself.

Hello!

Impossible not to like Koivu.

Guest Hamel-Habsfan

Im sorry, but you got one Koivu who can make plays, who is fast and sharp...and then you have another who can finish and is big...i mean, there must be a reason for this. BG has to get Mikko! it seems too perfect to pass up :D

Lol, that's one of my favourite games of the season when we play the Wild because of the Mikko/Saku thing.

With any luck some day Mikko will end up on our team, I've heard he's a heck of a guy.

And Saku (logically) shouldn't even have played that game because of his groin, only making it worse and leading to more games missed. THIS SEASON, however... muwahaha. :twisted:

Can't wait for this game, again. I've been able to watch a lot more Wild games this season, Mikko's a player. Love his approach.

Guest habs_fan1160

I didn't even know he had a son in June until I was watching his interview on the Hour.

I didn't know you could still reproduce after your body goes through such extensive chemo. Lucky man he is.

Wouldn't it be great to have both of these guys playing on our team? I think they'd bring a lot to the team.

lol , not like we didnt have a shot

Mikko Koivu Center

Born Mar 12 1983 -- Turku, Finland

Height 6.02 -- Weight 205 -- Shoots L

Selected by Minnesota Wild round 1 #6 overall 2001 NHL Entry Draft

Wanna know who was selecting #7? uh, yeah, thats right, the Habs, whod we get?

Mike Komisarek Defense

Born Jan 19 1982 -- West Islip, NY

Height 6.04 -- Weight 237

Selected by Montreal Canadiens round 1 #7 overall 2001 NHL Entry Draft

Sure id of liked to have Mikko, but without Komi, we look bad right now, a REAL bad

But i do know for a fact, that if mikko was avalable, Savard said he was drafting him without hesitation, and i heard he was pretty upset when mikko was drafted 1 spot before, Saku must of been pretty upset too

but 2001, we got mike at 7 and perezhogin at 25.

Archived