The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

11 Saku Koivu 06-07

jl-1

Guest f30marco

hey do you guys think if he would bring a stanley cup to monteal, that he would get his nuber retired? IMO i think the only thing stopping him is a stanley cup and even then i would vote for him to get the jersey lifted!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stevesaku
hey do you guys think if he would bring a stanley cup to monteal, that he would get his nuber retired? IMO i think the only thing stopping him is a stanley cup and even then i would vote for him to get the jersey lifted!

a stanley cup would make it 100%

and if that day comes im buying a ticket and i will cry at the ceremony

Guest Captain Koivu#11
Koivu was posessed last night. 2 goals in regulation, plus what a move in the shootout

We was sooo close to getting the hat-trick last night.

Guest cheerio279
Man, Captain K is on fire this season. I have no stats to back me up, but I feel like he's on pace for one of his most productive seasons ever. And he's doing it despite Ryder's massive slump and Latendresse, who's just a kid. Crazy.

he is on pace for his MOST productive season, let's just cross our fingers that Kaptain K remains healthy throughout this and future seasons

Guest sportsfreak_39
Man, Captain K is on fire this season. I have no stats to back me up, but I feel like he's on pace for one of his most productive seasons ever. And he's doing it despite Ryder's massive slump and Latendresse, who's just a kid. Crazy.

he's on pace to score 26 goals and 49 asiists for 75 points.

Guest NothingGreater
he is on pace for his MOST productive season, let's just cross our fingers that Kaptain K remains healthy throughout this and future seasons

Even if he gets injured (knock on wood) this guy can battle back through anything!! IMHO he should get his number retired with this team, he loves us as much as we love him, and to me that means more than a cup.

Guest cheerio279
Even if he gets injured (knock on wood) this guy can battle back through anything!! IMHO he should get his number retired with this team, he loves us as much as we love him, and to me that means more than a cup.

AGREED :D

Guest stevesaku

you worded it perfectly my friend

Guest TORHABSFAN

I just want to say... thank You Saku!!!! It was your Heart that allowed us to win last night. I was watching the game with a large group mixed with both habs and Leafs fans. the Leafs fans could not believe what they where seeing from Koivu. All I said to them was. Hey the guy beat Cancer do you really think the Leafs are a challange for him?

Just a Huige performance thats what a great leader does. Carry his team and shows them how to play with Heart and Soul!!! Hopefully Kovalev and Samsonov can learn from our great captins example.

Guest Captain Koivu#11

And Higgins has been injured for most of this season, and he still has 8 goals (23 points).

saku's number 11 is goin up cup or not, he has meant too much to this organization for to many years

The retirment thing is interesting.

This is a player who never put up sueprstar numbers, will never be in the hall of fame, and will never win a Hart trophy.

Most players getting their numbers retired have to be truly something special in terms of production. But at the same time, with everything he's gone through, theres other arguments you can make to retire Saku's number. It will be an interesting decision anyways.

Retiring the number of a guy not even in the hall of fame will definately be kinda weird (I'm assuming this hasn't happened yet, at least with Montreal)

I don't think we should retire his number, not in the same way we do with the Richard's and Lafleur's of the world. I do think, however, we should have a special kind of dedication to Saku. Not quite sure what, but we definatly need something in the Bell Centre to remind us just what an incredible person and captain Koivu was.

Guest CanadianMike
I don't think we should retire his number, not in the same way we do with the Richard's and Lafleur's of the world. I do think, however, we should have a special kind of dedication to Saku. Not quite sure what, but we definatly need something in the Bell Centre to remind us just what an incredible person and captain Koivu was.

agree 100 %

GO SAKU!!!

Guest habs_fan1160

What a heart this guy has. I was counting us down and out when it was 3-1, but Koivu just kept battling to get us back in the game. And not only did he get us back in the game, he allowed us to go to OT and a shootout where we won the game.

This is exactly why he is our captain, he may not come through every game, but he comes through when we need him.

Great effort, performance, integrity and heart shown by this guy on Sat night.

Archived