The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sergei Samsonov

Guest JL

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest habs_fan1160

You can tell he's an Ex Oiler though. Scoring key goals during crunch time is something they do the best.

Certainly much better than us.

Congrats on the goal Samsonov!

Guest habs_fan1160

I have pretty high expectations of this guy.

Didn't really like him in Boston, but I've grown to like him over the last year with the Oilers and so far with the Habs.

Him taking a year off between Bruin's and Habs was a good idea.

What happened with Sammy tonight? He only played 10mins and wasnt on the ice for last bit of the 3rd period. Begin was put on Kovy's line. Did Sammy get hurt or did Carbo try sending him a message bc he hasnt really done a thing all year?

With Downey out I think the lines got heavily juggled, not sure what was going on out there half the time. Sammy looked deadly tonight imo.

Guest cup crazy88
With Downey out I think the lines got heavily juggled, not sure what was going on out there half the time. Sammy looked deadly tonight imo.

im guessing carbo didn't want latendresse out there in such a situation, and with downey out... but Begin the type of hard working u want digging in the trenches for the last minute or two..

Guest hogtownhabsfan
I guess Carbo didnt like something he did so it looks like he benched him...

Samsonov is an exciting talent, but he is definatly a floater...

Hopefully he can in there more and create for himself(and others) rather than just waiting for something to happen. He seems to be the one who isn't really gelling on that line. Hopefully that changes as he becomes more comfortable, but it better be sooner rather than later or he will be spending many a date with the pine.

Man, i dont know about anyone,

but i was watching the game where sammy scored the goal by himself there, skating around like a moron.

I was standing up yelling @ the fool, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING....

And then he scored, which everyone made fun of me for.. But seriously watch it again, I hope he doesnt think thats how you score in a hockey game, skate around with out passing and then shoot from a bad angle and score.

I had high hopes for him, but after that goal/ Play. I think he is garbage

Guest Captain Koivu#11
What happened with Sammy tonight? He only played 10mins and wasnt on the ice for last bit of the 3rd period. Begin was put on Kovy's line. Did Sammy get hurt or did Carbo try sending him a message bc he hasnt really done a thing all year?

No, I think your wrong because Kovy was playing with Begin and Latendresse at some points during the game. I think it was an attempt to get some points out of Latendresse. I also saw Latendresse on the power play.I dont remember seeing Sammy on the ice too often in the 3rd either. But they were killing a lot of penalties in the third. Niinimaa got like 2 or 3 in a row.

but i was watching the game where sammy scored the goal by himself there, skating around like a moron.

And then he scored, which everyone made fun of me for.. But seriously watch it again, I hope he doesnt think thats how you score in a hockey game, skate around with out passing and then shoot from a bad angle and score.

The way you put it makes it sound like he got off the ice, murdered your cat and went back on and scored.

Another no show for Sammy tonight. I keep feeling like Im watchin him with a Bruins uniform. I know Im one of the big Sammy bashers on this site but until he shows otherwise Im gonna keep hating this pick up more and more...Especially that I hate that hes playin with Kovy bc it takes away from him

I think he needs to shoot more and he will be fine

give him time to gel with his linemates

could you imagine Ribs on this line no one would ever shoot just dangle with the puck constantly

Guest Handlanger

The hold 2nd line isn't clicking......yet! Why yet.... see the positive impact guys, right now, we are known for a highly dangerous 3rd line, and a not yet impressive but very very solid 1st line. Nobody of our opposites counts on the 2nd... so if they are concentrating on our 1st and 3rd, the time to raise for the 2nd will come. We saw in preseason what they're able to do... they just need some more time...

Guest Musketball
The hold 2nd line isn't clicking......yet! Why yet.... see the positive impact guys, right now, we are known for a highly dangerous 3rd line, and a not yet impressive but very very solid 1st line. Nobody of our opposites counts on the 2nd... so if they are concentrating on our 1st and 3rd, the time to raise for the 2nd will come. We saw in preseason what they're able to do... they just need some more time...

Oh the opposition knows full well how dangerous line 2 is. Watch tonight, as soon as Kovy has the puck he gets mobbed, never fails. They know they have to keep him contained, worked wonders for Philly. They smother line 2 as much as they can.

Guest Musketball

Well that's a first. Player gets bashed for scoring.

Archived