The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest Godfather

Chris played amazing tonite..great speed..great forechecking and back checking...good passing...man..this kid is grown he's gotten better...his potential is opening up his gameplay is wide open this kid is absolutely amazing...him and radek bonk i have to say are the most improved players tonite

I dont like TSN much, but this morning Dreger made a great point on Higgins, he is the best All-Around forward on the team, and he said it best when he said "Higgins is the Montreal Canadiens version of Zetterberg, PK? no problem, PP? sure why not, Clutch Goal? coming right up, Back Check of the game? here you go"

I loved that comparison because it is absolutley true, I know he's not as good as Zetterberg, but he is that kind of player, can do anything on the ice at any point in the game and produces offensively with speed and a snipers shot.

I dont like TSN much, but this morning Dreger made a great point on Higgins, he is the best All-Around forward on the team, and he said it best when he said "Higgins is the Montreal Canadiens version of Zetterberg, PK? no problem, PP? sure why not, Clutch Goal? coming right up, Back Check of the game? here you go"

I loved that comparison because it is absolutley true, I know he's not as good as Zetterberg, but he is that kind of player, can do anything on the ice at any point in the game and produces offensively with speed and a snipers shot.

He could, one day, be as good as Zetterberg. I'm really high on this guy.

Yea one day he could very well be as good, but Zetterberg is in my opinion one of the Best Hockey players in the NHL, much like Forsberg, he is a 80+ point scorer who knows how to backcheck and shut down. He has replaced exactly what Fedorov was on Detroit, a 80+ point Selke Candidate.

But there is no doubt with continuing development Higgins could easily become a consistant 60 - 70 point guy for us, a true franchise player in the making.

What I love about him is his attitude, it seems like he will stay here loyally and work hard for and with this team to suceed, and he seems level headed enough to deal with a tough media.

He slowly started becoming my favourite player last season, I am so happy with how he's developed.

The only problem I have is that he is not signed long term. I know they dont like to sign people during the season but they should def. sign him just like the did with Saku. They are gonna have to give Higgy a big pay increase but he has shown he is worth it and a long term deal wont stop him from being one of the hardest workers on the team. I really hope BG throws him a 3-5 year deal!

Guest cup crazy88

unless it's a situation like koivu's, been around for a long time and he is the captain and you kno he wants to stay, hell negociate during the season, but most GM's/Agent's prefer to wait till after the season so they can try and make the best of the dollar and not gamble on a hot start or somewhat of a slump. I know players are not always streaky but it is somewhat of etiqutte for agents and GMs.. Injuries can also be a reason to wait till seasons end, imagine if koivu had to retire, they would have had to pay his 4.75 vs the cap but had they decided not to offer an extention till seasons end would have avoided a possible conflict..

During the season worry about hockey, then the money in the summer!

Once again, great game by Higgins, hustling and creating chances, beautiful goal in the shootout, keep it up Higgins, your a future star in this city.
I couldn't have said it any better Link... showed Ryder that his shot is what he needs to use in the shootout and voila... two great shots by two great shooters and we win!

bw6

Guest cup crazy88

Nice hit to take out Waznowski or however u write it, can toss the body, play the PK, PP has speed and a shot, good vision.. this guy has a lot of tools

Guest habgab

This is an excerpt from the Montreal Gazette today in relation to last night's game....

After Toronto's Mats Sundin and Montreal's Chad Higgins scored in the shootout, the Maple Leafs' next three shooters were stopped and the Canadiens' next two didn't score before Ryder got the winner in a sudden death shootout.

Chad Higgins? What's up with that?

This is an excerpt from the Montreal Gazette today in relation to last night's game....

After Toronto's Mats Sundin and Montreal's Chad Higgins scored in the shootout, the Maple Leafs' next three shooters were stopped and the Canadiens' next two didn't score before Ryder got the winner in a sudden death shootout.

Chad Higgins?  What's up with that?

ROFL HAHAHA CHAD HIGGINS!

Guest habgab

Yeah, me too. He gives whatever he has to give every shift he plays. If he is treated right by not only management but the fans as well (I fear that he will do something to fall off the bandwagon and be crucified by the fickle fans), I think he will be a leader on this team for many years.

Awesome night against Toronto.

I do have a beef with Higgins however....

If there is ONE thing I can't stand about Chris, it's when he causes me to spill my drink everytime he scores!

He's 2 for 2 on this...

Darn you Mr. Higgins....

Because of your antics, I now have to sit with the roll of paper towels next to me!

Ha! Don't think you'll get the upper hand on me boy....

I'm ready!

Against Philly, I'll be ready for you!!

Guest KOIVU#11

Well I guess Higgins has picked up exactly where he left off, Bob is an absoulte genius for putting him with Koviu and Ryder. Who'd of thought a Yankee, a Fin, and a Newf would click like they do. He's defiantly a guy to hold onto in the future. 25+ goals this year for sure.

Higgins will be captain when Koivu retires. He's not just talented, he's already assuming a leadership role on this team despite the fact that he's only in his second season with the team. Calling out players in preseason for taking shifts off? I like it. A guy who isn't afraid to speak his mind when the team isn't playing well, and who backs up that forthrightness by working his tail off every night. Exactly the type of player who should be captain.

Archived