The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest TheFly
I can see him getting 30-40 assists, but I don't see a 30 goal season anytime soon.

I dont know, he had 22 and 23 goals in his first two years. He had an injury he never recovered from. Higgins reminds a lot of Ryan Smyth, a lot of people might disagree, but its Higgins' hard work and determination that makes him a great player. Higgins is one of the few players that can pick up the garbage on our team, if only we would shoot more on net, I think Higgins could pick up a lot of those rebounds.

Guest CanadianMike
I can see him getting 30-40 assists, but I don't see a 30 goal season anytime soon.

why not? He only missed it by 8 last season and he missed a lot of games.

Guest 1970 Habs
I'm, of the opinion that somewhere down the road in his career he'll be a 40+ goalscorer...he's just not there yet.

When he does score 30-40 goals will people want to trade him too?

Guest Keith
When he does score 30-40 goals will people want to trade him too?

I'm looking for that violion playing emoticon, it would be perfect for a situation like this.

Guest 1970 Habs

I would very much like to see Higgins stay healthy and start the year off like last year.

My concern though is when he starts producing that people on this Forum will start talking about trading him in the same vein as Ryder and Koivu.

Guest gumper
why not? He only missed it by 8 last season and he missed a lot of games.

Because he is brittle. I don't see him playing a season without getting injured unless he bulks up a bit. Argue all you want but you know it's true.

Guest CanadianMike
Because he is brittle. I don't see him playing a season without getting injured unless he bulks up a bit. Argue all you want but you know it's true.

so you don't see him ever playing a full season without getting injured...interesting.

he is not Benoit Brunet! :lol:

Guest 1970 Habs

I see what you are saying as he has not started his NHL career off very well with the injuries.

I hope you are wrong though and he can play the full season. Only time will tell.

Guest CanadianMike

we can all agree injuries suck, but it doesn't mean a player that has never been injured will not next season and vise versa. Lots of injuries have to do with bad luck!

Guest CanadianMike
True enough.

I hope Lady Luck is in his locker next season and he can play 82 games.

amen!

hate seeing any player go down, but when it is a hungry/talented player like Higgy (it was very long for him and us last season waiting for him to return).

Guest 1970 Habs
amen!

hate seeing any player go down, but when it is a hungry/talented player like Higgy (it was very long for him and us last season waiting for him to return).

And when he did return it took him a while to get back to his old self. Seems like he , Plekanec and A. Kostisyn made a great line at the end of the year so I would like him to be paired with them this year.

And when he did return it took him a while to get back to his old self. Seems like he , Plekanec and A. Kostisyn made a great line at the end of the year so I would like him to be paired with them this year.

Agreed. Those three were our best line in the last part of the season. Let's reward results. And wouldn't it be nice to have a legitimate scoring line that didn't absolutely need Saku Koivu to be dangerous? :)

Guest Miltie01

I am so glad that some people are saying he is brittle........the exact thing they said about Rocket before he set the league on fire !!!!

Higgins is not Fragile, Do we need to see the replay anymore to notice how bad of a board collision it was with his ankle? You can clearly see the ankle bending in a non-natural way. Any player in the NHl would have sustained the same exact injury if they went through the same collision, so its alittle ridiculous to call Higgins Fragile when he gets hurt in a situation 100% of the players in the league would have got hurt from aswell.

Only one person would have skated away from that uninjured, and thats Raphael, but thats for another conversation... :D

I am so glad that some people are saying he is brittle........the exact thing they said about Rocket before he set the league on fire !!!!

Yeah.. :lol: ... but there is only one rocket, but ... when Higgy launches, how about we call him the missle :P ..

Guest Miltie01

Broken collar bone eh ?

Puts alot of things into perspective, and raises the respect I have for this kid.

Not that I didn't have alot before reading this.

Archived