The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest CanadianMike
I don't think Bonk will be re-signed. I think they'll bring in Chipchura nxt season at a much lower cost.

me either and I hope so.

back to Higgins....he ROCKS!!!

"As for not getting it, perhaps you could explain it a bit better. Tell me again why Ryder is not going to be in this franchise for the long term but Higgins is."

Because Higgins brings alot more to the team than Ryader does, thats all

Ryder has a contract "dispute" 2 years in a row

while Higgins goes from 900k last year to 600k this year

HMMMMMMMMMMM

If ryder stays for the long run ill be thrilled, im just saying, DONT be surprised if it doesnt happen

but with higgins, hes a hab for life, Ryder was a leaf fan growing up and higgins was a hab fan growing up, im not saying thatll play in the card dealing, but think about it!!

To be as good as he has been so far this season... Does Higgins really need Koivu ? Is he ready to lead his own line?

bw6

I'm not sure if he's ready to lead his own line. Maybe after Christmas, once he's gotten more points that might be a possibility.

"As for not getting it, perhaps you could explain it a bit better. Tell me again why Ryder is not going to be in this franchise for the long term but Higgins is."

Because Higgins brings alot more to the team than Ryader does, thats all

Ryder has a contract "dispute" 2 years in a row

while Higgins goes from 900k last year to 600k this year

HMMMMMMMMMMM

If ryder stays for the long run ill be thrilled, im just saying, DONT be surprised if it doesnt happen

but with higgins, hes a hab for life, Ryder was a leaf fan growing up and higgins was a hab fan growing up, im not saying thatll play in the card dealing, but think about it!!

Oh, ok, I see now. I don't agree, but I see your thought process.

Guest habinto
Higgs has been tremendous. But, we all know Souray wants out. He wants to move out to the west coast. Maybe with that salary room, we keep Ryder??

There are rumours that Souray will be gone because he wants to be near his little girl but that is nota fact so I would not say "we all know". Gainey needs to try to sign in this winter otherwise trade him to get something in return.

Souray really like the Habs and I'm not sure if he even knows what he wants and what he will do. I hope he resigns with us.

Guest BoomBoomGeoffrion

Hey! You know Chris Higgins is from Smithtown?!?

Sorry, I had to do that.

You see, my mom's side is all from Smithtown, and many still live there, so they all know I'm a Habs fan, so they all remind me he's from Smithtown when we get together.

Anyway, you know who Higgins reminds me of? A young John Leclair.

Guest kev_1586

If you think about it, Higgins is on pace to score over 90 points this season :D Probably not going to happen, but could we finally have a leading scorer pass the 70 point plateau?! God i hope so! I would be Giddy!! GO HIGGINS GO!

Guest CanadianMike
If you think about it, Higgins is on pace to score over 90 points this season :D  Probably not going to happen, but could we finally have a leading scorer pass the 70 point plateau?! God i hope so! I would be Giddy!! GO HIGGINS GO!

haha no..not going to happen, but it is fun to dream and we are enjoying what is happeneing to him so far this season. :D

Former Whalers Fan here. Losing the Whale drove me out of hockey for a while. I was high school buddies with Higgins so figured I would just start cheering for him even though the Canadiens were my mortal enemies back in the day (still have nightmares about Russ Courtnall beating Frank Peterangelo five hole in game 7).

Glad you guys are enjoying watching him play. He is an even better guy than a player and he comes from a great family. I couldn't be happier for him.

Former Whalers Fan here. Losing the Whale drove me out of hockey for a while. I was high school buddies with Higgins so figured I would just start cheering for him even though the Canadiens were my mortal enemies back in the day (still have nightmares about Russ Courtnall beating Frank Peterangelo five hole in game 7).

Glad you guys are enjoying watching him play. He is an even better guy than a player and he comes from a great family. I couldn't be happier for him.

That's the impression I had. Great guy attitude and excellent work ethic. He's gonna be a good one.

By the way thanks for mentioning Frank Peterangelo's name. I haven't heard that one in a loooong time.

Guest 60islove

That's pretty awesome of you to be cheering for CH.

Anyway i can't imagine how horrible losing your team must have been, with any luck you guys will get a team back there one day :D

Koivu looks like he will easily do that if he remains healthy.

But Higgins is the darkhorse on this team, his season so far has been spectacular, he's clutch, hes defensively intelligent, he's fast and tenacious in the corners. Couldnt be happier for him, hopefully when the off-season comes along he doesnt try to snuff out a 3 million dollar contract out of Gainey.

Koivu looks like he will easily do that if he remains healthy.

But Higgins is the darkhorse on this team, his season so far has been spectacular, he's clutch, hes defensively intelligent, he's fast and tenacious in the corners. Couldnt be happier for him, hopefully when the off-season comes along he doesnt try to snuff out a 3 million dollar contract out of Gainey.

I think this is a kid you lock up this offseason Link, he's the kind of guy who appears to have a drive to win, not just to make money, like the Oilers did with Hemsky, I say give Higgins a 4-5 year deal He grew up a Habs fan, he wants to play here, all we need to do is figure the dollars and cents, lol.

Archived