The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest lfrommtl
it was reported During last seasons training camp that higgy has the lowest body fat percentage on the TEAM.

to bad his ankle shattered or he wouldve been in top shape for the rest of the season

Guest habs_fan1160

That ankle shattering really put a damper on his season. I think if that didn't happen he would have been in top form to have an unbelievable season. However, when your ankle shatters it's not like you can go out and work out on it.

That whole injury was a shame.

Hopefully this year Higgy can stay healthy and take that season he deserved last year.

Guest habinto
to bad his ankle shattered or he wouldve been in top shape for the rest of the season

Did it "shatter"? I though it was broken. Big difference here.

Guest Kronix

yea it was only a fracture cuz he came out and played on it after it happened shattered i think woulda ruined his carrer it was only a fracture or break not shatter

Guest RedLightRacicot
That ankle shattering really put a damper on his season. I think if that didn't happen he would have been in top form to have an unbelievable season. However, when your ankle shatters it's not like you can go out and work out on it.

That whole injury was a shame.

Hopefully this year Higgy can stay healthy and take that season he deserved last year.

It was awesome to see him start last season off the way he did and it really sucked when he went down.

if he plays with Pleks and Kosty all year, he is in for a 30 goal season for sure, granted he stays healthy.

It was the most hard-working and explosive line at the end of last season. Higgins is a key player in Montreal success. I'm sure you are right about Higgins getting 30 goals on that line, but I'll even say that both Plekanec and Kostitsyn will get 30 or near thirty goals this season! This line is the immediate future for the Habs. Higgins as the scorer, Plekanec as the playmaker, and Kostitsyn doing both. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but it's seems very possible to me. Go Habs Go!

Guest jennifer_rocket
It was awesome to see him start last season off the way he did and it really sucked when he went down.

Also, not to mention the injury occured when he was doing what coaches and supporters love the most. Going full tilt into the corners for a puck. Hopefully this year is a fresh start. He'll be in top phyiscal form, ready to net 30 goals or more! Go Higgins!

Guest jennifer_rocket
It was the most hard-working and explosive line at the end of last season. Higgins is a key player in Montreal success. I'm sure you are right about Higgins getting 30 goals on that line, but I'll even say that both Plekanec and Kostitsyn will get 30 or near thirty goals this season! This line is the immediate future for the Habs. Higgins as the scorer, Plekanec as the playmaker, and Kostitsyn doing both. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but it's seems very possible to me. Go Habs Go!

I agree, this line is a very important part of our future. Developing now will help them all be consistent in 2 or 3 seasons, when they play an even more vital roll in our success. I fully expect Higgins to et 30 goals this year, and for Kostitsyn to finish with between 10 - 20. Plekanec has a ton of pressure on him, as it's time to step up to the 2nd line centre position, or we're going to be hampered all year long by lack of a decent second line. Then we'll hear all the talk about how Montreal needs a better centreman, and how Koivu should be traded, etc. etc. etc.

Guest habs_fan1160

It was very dissapointing to say the least. I think he had something really great going before his injury. I hope this year is far better for him.

Guest 1970 Habs

I agree it will be very interesting if this line gets put together and plays. It bodes well for the future as it has the potential of being a strong second line (something Montreal has lacked in the past few seasons).

You gotta believe!

It was a sprain.

it was a sprain, a crack and a tear all in one. ;) I would have to look up the article but I seem to recall reading that more then one thing happened to his ankle and that was the main reason it took so long to get him back. The jest of it was it would have been simpler for them to deal with it if the ankle had of just broke cleanly.

Guest mentalcoach

After working with Chris and Mike this past summer (see 'mind over matter") I will tell you that they are two extrememly determined players wanting nothing less than the cup. By the way, I love reading this forum and telling Higgy the things posted..

GP

Guest Miltie01
After working with Chris and Mike this past summer (see 'mind over matter") I will tell you that they are two extrememly determined players wanting nothing less than the cup. By the way, I love reading this forum and telling Higgy the things posted..

GP

Tell him we are behind him....now go get that cup Higgy !!!!

Guest CanadianMike

GP

welcome dude! Are you the trainer in those pics posted?

Guest habsfan7344

so eager i miss seeying Higgins play with Koivu and Ryder!! OUR BEST TRIO!! Higgins shure nows how to pass and shot man this is torture weres are habs!!! i wanna see them play!!!!

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder i miss that ligne up!!!! can't wait to see them play !!!

Higgins is lookin good in those pictures ;) getting those abs and stuff ready for the game actually thats wat all the habs are doin now!!!!

Guest RadioHab

GP

It's great to have you posting here, you are working with my 2 favorite players. I alwase wondered if the guys ever heard about what we write on these boards, I kinda figured that they must but I find the confirmation pretty amusing. Keep up the good work and feel free to recruit more Habs into your off season regiment it really looks like it does wonders!

Guest mentalcoach

Thanks for the warm welcome,, appreciate it.. just some quick info

The place they train and I work out of is called Institute 3E, on Long Island.

The person pictured in with Higgy is Jon DiFlorio, Higgy's and Komo's Physical trainer and actaully owns the facility. It is really great during the summer having both of those guys in there along with Rick DiPietro, Eric Nystom and other hockey players working their butts off, doing yoga, working their mind with me, and having a great time. When they guys first come in after the season, we have a group session and I asked each one what they are working for this year..Higgy calmly said, 40/40 and a BIG FAT RING... with that, Mike smiled and laughed. I said to Mike, why are you laughing? , if Higgy gets a ring, so do you.. Ofcourse I was joking with Mike. Hate to be on his "bad" side

Look for a an upcoming feature on NHL.com about us and I am working on an article for the Montreal Gazzete, tentively called "My summer with Chris and Mike".

Yup, I love to share the stuff I read with the guys..Also heard there are going to be some awesome billboards in Montreal featuring Chris and Mike..

Guest Miltie01

The person pictured in with Higgy is Jon DiFlorio, Higgy's and Komo's Physical trainer and actaully owns the facility. It is really great during the summer having both of those guys in there along with Rick DiPietro, Eric Nystom and other hockey players working their butts off, doing yoga, working their mind with me, and having a great time. When they guys first come in after the season, we have a group session and I asked each one what they are working for this year..Higgy calmly said, 40/40 and a BIG FAT RING... with that, Mike smiled and laughed. I said to Mike, why are you laughing? , if Higgy gets a ring, so do you.. Ofcourse I was joking with Mike. Hate to be on his "bad" side

Look for a an upcoming feature on NHL.com about us and I am working on an article for the Montreal Gazzete, tentively called "My summer with Chris and Mike".

Yup, I love to share the stuff I read with the guys..Also heard there are going to be some awesome billboards in Montreal featuring Chris and Mike..

40/40 eh ?

I think he can do it !!!!

And I sure hope he is right about the ring too !!!

Guest CanadianMike

Thanks so much for the info. Just when I think I can't be more excited for training camp, I read this. :lol: Working with Higgins, Komi and DiPietro (3 of my favs) must be great.

I just wish Chris stays healthy, and after that I will worry about him getting 30/30...... and dream of 40/40. ;)

Guest old-time Habs fan

Chris and Mike came out to play;

said Chris to Mike, "I'll make your day";

he made a pass, with so much class,

that Mike had nothing left to say.

Without a word, he took the puck,

and with that pass, and Newfie luck,

he put it right between the pads,

to much delight of all the lads!

What a pair these boys will make,

since they know just what's at stake;

they can taste their team's just pride,