The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest mentalcoach

Being in shape was NOT a problem last year coming into the season. Chris was in amazing shape last year, as he is this year. The style of play that he has, hitting boards, digging for the puck, etc, will lend itself to a higher probability of injury at times.

As far as "hoping" to be a 30/30 and "dreaming of 40/40...that's for the fans to do..Hope and Dream.

Higgys KNOWS it.. so no sweat there..

GP

Guest CanadianMike
Are you saying we should take the A away from Kovy?

well I was talking about the other "A" (free because Shelley is gone), but I wouldn't mind Kovy getting his "A" taken away :rolleyes: if it means giving it to Higgins. I like Kovy, but it upset me when they ripped the "A" off of Zed for Kovy....bitter? yep <_<

Guest habinto
well I was talking about the other "A" (free because Shelley is gone), but I wouldn't mind Kovy getting his "A" taken away :rolleyes: if it means giving it to Higgins. I like Kovy, but it upset me when they ripped the "A" off of Zed for Kovy....bitter? yep <_<

I know you were talking about SS's A, but I like to sturr it up once in a while.

Guest 11CaptainKoivu11
Give Higgy the "C" :unsure:

or at least the "A" :D

I wouldn't give him an "A" this year.

I think a lot of people are saying this because of what he can be, not what he is. Potential alone does not warrant this.

Leave the guy alone for a year and let him show us that he can produce offensively and consistantly for a year. Then

think about putting the pressures of the "A" on him.

This will be his year to prove HIMSELF, so just leave it at that.

Guest habinto
I wouldn't give him an "A" this year.

I think a lot of people are saying this because of what he can be, not what he is. Potential alone does not warrant this.

Leave the guy alone for a year and let him show us that he can produce offensively and consistantly for a year. Then

think about putting the pressures of the "A" on him.

This will be his year to prove HIMSELF, so just leave it at that.

I hear you and agree that the team would be better of by waiting one more year. But I also think that a player does not need to be a point machine to have the A. Gainey was a Captain but Lafleur never was.

Guest CanadianMike

I think the "A" will PUMP him up even more.

we already know what he can do on the ice (13 points in 13 games before getting injured) last season etc..

how proud he is to play for the Habs

what a great work ethic he has

how serious he is about being a pro athlete.

what a classy guy he is.

or maybe I just want a letter in front of my jersey! :ph34r:

Guest halifax_habs
Being in shape was NOT a problem last year coming into the season. Chris was in amazing shape last year, as he is this year. The style of play that he has, hitting boards, digging for the puck, etc, will lend itself to a higher probability of injury at times.

As far as "hoping" to be a 30/30 and "dreaming of 40/40...that's for the fans to do..Hope and Dream.

Higgys KNOWS it.. so no sweat there..

GP

If Higgins training regime has changed to include more Yoga and flexibility could this decrease his chance of injury? I never doubted Higgins was in great shape, but mabye a little more balanced program like what he did this summer will help his durability.

Guest CanadianMike
Higgins for 30/30. That would be awesome, 30 Goals and 30 Assists, That be wicked for him and the Habs. I sure hope he backs up his comments. I am expecting big things out of this guy. Can't wait for the season. Higgins Article

link not working for me.

Is it just me?

Guest habfan in leafland

Higgins has the speed and skill. After last season he now has the confidence to excel! I think 30/30 for Higgins will be easy this year if he can stay healthy.

Guest 1970 Habs
Higgins has the speed and skill. After last season he now has the confidence to excel! I think 30/30 for Higgins will be easy this year if he can stay healthy.

Agreed; it should be possible/doable.

Guest Habsfan_11

I'm tempted to come out and say that that Higgins will lead the Habs in points this year with 70+. I have a feeling that Higgins is going to tear it up this year. Speed, skill, strength, two-way play, determination and leadership. He seems to have all the makings of a first line player. Let's hope he can put it all together for a fine season in 07-08.

Archived