The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest 1970 Habs

It takes a while for a shoulder injury to feel 100% My brother dislocated his shoulder and it took a several months to be 100%.

Hockey being the physical sport if Higgins shoulder is not 100% and he is banging guys around then he could easily re-injure it and be out of the line up for some time.

I sure hope his injury does not screw up his start to the season.

Guest mentalcoach

Dont worry, he is fine..in fact, he is extremely hungry .. he truly understands that attitude comes first, then the results. also, check out nhl.com and look for "new york state of mind", great piece on the workout they this past summer as long as yours truly...

GP

Guest Goodtown
Dont worry, he is fine..in fact, he is extremely hungry .. he truly understands that attitude comes first, then the results. also, check out nhl.com and look for "new york state of mind", great piece on the workout they this past summer as long as yours truly...

GP

I cant say I agree with you, IMO if he was fine he should have been on the ice!

Guest RedLightRacicot

GP

It's hard not to worry, he was doing great last season until his injury.

I really hope Higgy doesn't sit out any longer then the pre-season games!

I say whatever it takes, as I really don't want him to come back too soon and lose him for longer because of that. No championship is won in October, so this is the right time for him to heal.

I say whatever it takes, as I really don't want him to come back too soon and lose him for longer because of that. No championship is won in October, so this is the right time for him to heal.

Ditto. And apparently Sergei Kostitsyn has played well alongside Koivu and Ryder in training camp. Yes, it's only training camp, but if Higgins does need a little extra time to heal, this could (albeit unlikely) be an option.

I do hope he makes a full recovery sooner rather than later though. From what I read, he'll be on the ice in contact drills this week, so things don't look bad.

Guest Gumper-73

Higgy Baby better be ready this is his year! If he, Andy Kostitsyn and Latendresse can take their games one level higher then all the naysayers will be singins a different tune this year.

Guest CanadianMike
I'm worried about his health issues, seems like they are trying to hide that he's not fully healed, hope im wrong

you are wrong. :P Higgy will be healthy all season long and score 30 (and 30 assists). I feel it. :mellow:

He will have 13 points in 13 games again, but this time he will not go down with an injury.

Guest G-Unit_Soldier

I dunno, I'm startin to worry too, he wasn't in the lineup last night and according to the lineup listing on the game preview hes not in tonight either...wheres he at? Far as I'm concerned hes the next captain of this team. I dont mean this season or next season or anything, but just give it time...

Guest CanadianMike
According to Habs I/O Higgins will be playing tomorrow night on a line with Grabovski and Ryder

he is not on the roster (game day thread). I keep getting different info. Is he or isn't he playing? :angry::unsure::huh:

Guest jennifer_rocket
According to Habs I/O Higgins will be playing tomorrow night on a line with Grabovski and Ryder

Apparently none of those players are taking to the ice tonight... Wait, maybe Grabovsky is... I can't remember. Or maybe everyone but Higgins is...? Ugh, anyways, where's this dude at. I hope we see him in at least one or two games before regular season starts.

Canadiens winger Chris Higgins, recovering from off-season shoulder surgery, still has not played in any of Montreal's four pre-season games. Head coach Guy Carbonneau expects Higgins to suit up for the final two pre-season contests next weekaMontreal's

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=218896&hubname=

i think i just heard higgins playing tomorrow night cause he just got the green light from the doctor

heard it on Radio Canada sport show but I'm not sure

Just wait Higgy! We don't need you ruining your career!

Higgins said he has been fine since the summer, he has done extensive workouts on his shoulder during his preparation for the season this summer, he said his workouts would have let him know there was something wrong way before hockey would.

This whole thing was doctors precaution, there is no injury, he had surgery, it healed 100%, Higgins said its the first camp he is at without some kind of pain somewhere, all he needed was the green light. Honestly I think it was also a stalling game on the part of the coaching staff to give the younger kids a couple extra games in, now that Higgy is back, one of the youngsters will lose a spot tonight and every game Higgy plays.

I'm excited to see him in action, he has been so pumped for months now, its time to see what kind of damage he is going to do out there.

Archived