The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest mentalcoach

I worked with Higgy all off-season. He is STRONG..during one of the summer skates, he was on the opposing team from Komiserak and they collided (by accident). Higgy took the hard hit just fine and got up , brushed the ice off his rear, smiled and scored a goal . Remember the early pre-season games are for the coaches to see younger guys in real game situation. The Habs Coaches know what Higgy can do, so no need to play him. Even if the shoulder was a "non-issue", not sure how much ice time he would have seen up to now.

GP

I'm excited to see him in action, he has been so pumped for months now, its time to see what kind of damage he is going to do out there.

Absolutly!!! He is one of the guys I am counting on to do "alot" of damage this year, especially after last season.

Lets go Higgy! be one of our best!

Guest Steiner02

Carbo confirmed today that Chris will be wearing the "A" in the upcoming season!

Here's the quote from Habs Inside/Out:

An "A" is born

Posted by Mike Boone @ 10:51 PM

Christopher Higgins will be one of the Canadiens' alternate captains this season.

The third-year forward wore an "A" in a 3-2 win over the Boston Bruins and coach Guy Carbonneau said he's a letterman to stay.

"Chris is ready for that challenge," Carbonneau said, adding that Higgins has been a strong performer on the ice and a presence in the room.

Last season's "A"s were Sheldon Souray and Craig Rivet.

Higgins said he has been fine since the summer, he has done extensive workouts on his shoulder during his preparation for the season this summer, he said his workouts would have let him know there was something wrong way before hockey would.

This whole thing was doctors precaution, there is no injury, he had surgery, it healed 100%, Higgins said its the first camp he is at without some kind of pain somewhere, all he needed was the green light. Honestly I think it was also a stalling game on the part of the coaching staff to give the younger kids a couple extra games in, now that Higgy is back, one of the youngsters will lose a spot tonight and every game Higgy plays.

I'm excited to see him in action, he has been so pumped for months now, its time to see what kind of damage he is going to do out there.

Mind you i believe i read somewhere hes now @ 15% body fat, and he stated he was never over 8% before. So he may have been working the shoulder alot, but has lost in other area's

Guest overlords
Mind you i believe i read somewhere hes now @ 15% body fat, and he stated he was never over 8% before. So he may have been working the shoulder alot, but has lost in other area's

IF he gained weight it isn't showing because tonight he was flying like the wind.

Guest CanadianMike
Carbo confirmed today that Chris will be wearing the "A" in the upcoming season!

Here's the quote from Habs Inside/Out:

HAHA I have been yelling all summer "GIVE HIGGINS THE "A" :lol: Gotta go get one put on my jersey now. ;)

Guest Steiner02
Gotta go get one put on my jersey now. ;)

Haha!

Me too!

I got my new RBK one at the jamboree... without the 'A' - though I did think about just adding it anyways.

Back to the boutique I go!

Guest mentalcoach

He deserves it and he worked for it. Part of his off season mental conditioning was a tremendous amount on leadership training. He really wanted to come in this year and establish himself as a leader and he got the "A"..he also wanted to come in this year and be the 40/40 man........I would suggest you do not 'bet against" him..!!!

Gary Parks,

Mental Conditioning Coach

www.institute3e.com

Guest 1970 Habs

Personally I would have preferred to see better numbers (and a better season despite his injury) before he got the "A" and hope that it does not affect his play negatively.

Did anyone ever hear this man speak, he is intelligent and motivated as well as being a great hockey player, he is a rare breed. He will be the captain of this team one day.

I think we have been saying he will be captiain since early last year, dont force it on him. Make him prove him, giving him the A is a step in the right direction.

Lets hope he can step it up a bit

Guest FlHabsFan
Well deserved, he has tons of guts and determination, he is extremely mature and is a very talented player, i'm glad he is being given the responsibilty, I truely believe he will respond very positively.

Indeed! And above all and most important, he wants to be a Hab! If he keeps working hard and the orginization/fans continue to show him the respect he deserves, theres no reason he couldnt be a career Hab.

Archived