The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Koivu looks like he will easily do that if he remains healthy.

But Higgins is the darkhorse on this team, his season so far has been spectacular, he's clutch, hes defensively intelligent, he's fast and tenacious in the corners. Couldnt be happier for him, hopefully when the off-season comes along he doesnt try to snuff out a 3 million dollar contract out of Gainey.

When the off-season comes... Isn't he signed for another two years??

EDIT: For some reason I thought we had him locked up for three seasons :? Apparently I'm incorrect.

I think this is a kid you lock up this offseason Link, he's the kind of guy who appears to have a drive to win, not just to make money, like the Oilers did with Hemsky, I say give Higgins a 4-5 year deal He grew up a Habs fan, he wants to play here, all we need to do is figure the dollars and cents, lol.

i agree, hes never stopped since getting his shot...and to tell you the truth hes one hell of a poster boy too loll!

hard working, always doing his best on the line

4-5 years 5 million offer wouldnt be bad really

if he just wants 2-3 years(doubt it) offer him around 3.5 mil

go higgins!

-Matt

Guest gottaHABit
Koivu looks like he will easily do that if he remains healthy.

But Higgins is the darkhorse on this team, his season so far has been spectacular, he's clutch, hes defensively intelligent, he's fast and tenacious in the corners. Couldnt be happier for him, hopefully when the off-season comes along he doesnt try to snuff out a 3 million dollar contract out of Gainey.

Why the heck shouldn't he? Goodness knows we've paid a lot more for less worthy players in the past.

Guest Habby67
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...e=nhl-canadiens

Any bets on how long it will take tsn to change their scouting report on one C. Higgins? 'Cause he sure does need to "display more offensive consistency at the big-league leve." :D

That Pierre The Monster Guy must have scouted him. At the beginning of the season he said the Habs couldnt battle, then when they played Buffalo he said they are going to be a force to be reckoned with, ya right buddy. And Higgin's report?? For crying out loud he had one full season did the so called experts think he was going to win the HART??

Guest Captain Koivu#11

I just LOVE it when Higgins scores short handed. Hes so good at it! He's now tied for the most short handed goals with Jordan stall. Lets keep em' comming Chris.

Guest habsFREAK27

Wow, this guy will be th nest big superstar in Montreal if this continues, oh wait isn't he already? :D

His defensive play is perfect and I love to see him give pressure @ the puckholder in Pk and else. Good game for Higgins, Let's just hope ryder and Saku will wake up very soon!

Wow, this guy will be th nest big superstar in Montreal if this continues, oh wait isn't he already? :D

His defensive play is perfect and I love to see him give pressure @ the puckholder in Pk and else. Good game for Higgins, Let's just hope ryder and Saku will wake up very soon!

I think the line is playing well even if it is not showing up in the score column right now. The line is a threat almost every time it is on the ice. Higgins is taking advantage of his penalty kill minutes, but that doesn't mean that Saku, Higgins and Ryder are not pressing during regular time too. The team needs to work on its power play now, with that line leading the way....

Most teams cover Ryder like glue, they know how lethal he is.

That's what makes this line so deadly, shut down Ryder and Koivu/Higgins will make you pay. Or vice versa, any way you cut it this line can still get you.

You could almost say the same about our second line too... *evil grin*

He's going to be the next Modano.

Guest 60islove
He's going to be the next Modano.

i dont know abour that but chris higgins is going to be rockin' the NHL for a longggggggg time :D

gosh.. he's awesome - i'm glad he's ours :ghg:

ps. if anyone has any Chris Higgins pictures can you pm me? thankz much

Guest Captain Koivu#11
The guy almost scored two shorthanded goals in less than 10 seconds...who does that??? hes a monster! in a good way...

I REALLY like your sig. I just had to comment on it. It's awsome!

Guest kovy_all_the_way
Well hes def. not happy with how the organization treated him this off season with the contract so they are gonna have to hand him a very good contract or they will be sorry

I thought they were going to give him something live 3 years 4 M.

Guest f30marco
Well hes def. not happy with how the organization treated him this off season with the contract so they are gonna have to hand him a very good contract or they will be sorry

why? did i miss something?

Archived