The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

21 Christopher Higgins 06-07

jl-1

Guest Lafleurs Guy
He's definetly our version of Zetterberg, PK, PP, Speed, good shot, everything and anything is what he brings to this team.

I don't know if he has the talent of Z, but he plays with more fire. I really like this guy.

Well hes def. not happy with how the organization treated him this off season with the contract so they are gonna have to hand him a very good contract or they will be sorry

The same could probably be said for those players who signed one year contracts last year - Ryder, Komisarek ...anyone else ?

Guest BadBrains

Higgins has not only been our best player this season, but among the best in the league. He's skating hard, forechecking, battling for pucks and playing big minutes on the special teams.

One thing that really catches my eye is the fact that he seems so confident and is showing leadership that is usually expected of veterans.

But most of all, it looks like he's really having alot of fun playing hockey. Work ethic, talent and he loves the game. Can't ask for much more from this guy.

Guest 4beforeorr
Higgins has not only been our best player this season, but among the best in the league. He's skating hard, forechecking, battling for pucks and playing big minutes on the special teams.  

One thing that really catches my eye is the fact that he seems so confident and is showing leadership that is usually expected of veterans.

But most of all, it looks like he's really having alot of fun playing hockey. Work ethic, talent and he loves the game. Can't ask for much more from this guy.

You said a mouthful there! And he's always so full of energy. He's playing awesome.

Guest sportsfreak_39

I had an eye for this kid. For ym birthday, my father said he'd get me a habs jersey and I asked for a Hggins one and he asked "why"

I responded," O you'll see"

Guest sportsfreak_39

Yes the Habs own his rights and he's not allowed to even hit restricted free agency so no other team can make a claim on him, therefore its the habs or noone so no bargaining leverage.

What about arbitration... if he didn't think he was being treated fairly?

He was a restricted free agent coming off his rookie contract. His worth was made evident in the later part of last season when they started playing him more. As u remember he started the year hardly playing at all. So even if there was arbitration he would have gotten a lousy deal because arbitration goes by numbers etc and he has one season in the league and only played a major role on the team in the 2nd half...

He made more last year than he is this year, mainly bc the rookie deal gives bonus' etc...But the fact is if he stays on the pace he is on right now, how can he not have an askin price between 2 million and 3.5 million per season for atleast a 3 year deal!?...

He knew his worth going into this season, but the team obviously didnt respect him enough to offer him a better contract with a multi year deal. Going into this season it was known he would be on the first line and if he played as he did for the last half of last season there was no reason to believe he wouldnt score from 60 to 80 points...

The fact is the team made a mistake by not signing him to a better deal for a few years bc he is gonna have a bigger asking price after this season! And with all the people UFA's and RFA's the team is gonna be in a HUGE jam!

The fact is the team made a mistake by not signing him to a better deal for a few years bc he is gonna have a bigger asking price after this season! And with all the people UFA's and RFA's the team is gonna be in a HUGE jam!

I have no clue what BG's plans are for next year but with all the UFA's and RFA's next year I think he may a have difficult time putting together a competiitive team.

Seems like all the young guys got one year contracts while a bunch of other guys ( Koivu, Kovalev, Samsanov, Boulion, Dandenault, Begin ) got 3 and 4 yr deals.

The young guys , Higgins among them, who appear to be having great years so far are naturally going to ask for a s ignificant increase and there might not be enough coin to go around .

I had an eye for this kid. For ym birthday, my father said he'd get me a habs jersey and I asked for a Hggins one and he asked "why"

I responded," O you'll see"

Haha yes! My parents bought me a Higgins jersey last Christmas and I nearly died. My whole family loves him...it's really great. Watching the video on him, it just goes to show how really down to earth he seems to be. I think thats so important...

I have no clue what BG's plans are for next year but with all the UFA's and RFA's next year I think he may a have difficult time putting together a competiitive team.

Seems like all the young guys got one year contracts while a bunch of other guys ( Koivu, Kovalev, Samsanov, Boulion, Dandenault, Begin ) got 3 and 4 yr deals.

The young guys , Higgins among them, who appear to be having great years so far are naturally going to ask for a s ignificant increase and there might not be enough coin to go around .

Worse comes to worse he is an RFA... And doesn't that mean that if someone else gets his rights we get a huge load of picks?

I don't see Higgins going over some of the other talent though. He is going to get a huge raise, and frankly the way he is palying he deserves it.

He couldn't fit better into Gainey/Carbo's defensive plan. A solid two-way player, excellent PK'er, not prone to injury and with an offensive upside. A package deal if you ask me.

I'd lock him into a long term deal if possible.

Guest Thibodosa
Worse comes to worse he is an RFA... And doesn't that mean that if someone else gets his rights we get a huge load of picks?

I don't see Higgins going over some of the other talent though. He is going to get a huge raise, and frankly the way he is palying he deserves it.

He couldn't fit better into Gainey/Carbo's defensive plan. A solid two-way player, excellent PK'er, not prone to injury and with an offensive upside. A package deal if you ask me.

I'd lock him into a long term deal if possible.

for shure.. as long as this isnt just one of those years where he will do good and then dissapear. which i dont think it is casue he ended last year great and has kept it going this year. i think we should sign him long term

for shure.. as long as this isnt just one of those years where he will do good and then dissapear. which i dont think it is casue he ended last year great and has kept it going this year. i think we should sign him long term

But then again his success might be due to the chemistry between him, Ryder and Koivu... Although I don't think thats the case.

But you bring up a good point, he might disappear after a big contract signing. C'est la Vie I guess...

Archived