The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

27 Alex Kovalev 06-07

jl-1

Guest Captain Koivu#11

I agree with you. I haven't seen the second line on the score sheet as much as I would have liked, up to this point, but I think thats because most of the team is getting use to their linemates. It's good to see the third line scored a goal tonight.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I been watching him for 14 yrs too, glad someone appreciates his PP skills, esp w. his money saucer passes. Yea, they don't always click, but most of the time they're just amazing...

The damn post thing is making me mad too. I think it's that thing in practice where they actually try hitting the posts. I think Kovy is so good at it, he needs to telll himself that in a shootout the puck needs to go IN!!!! UGGGGH!

he always looks great out there, just would like him to be played more often..I find they play Bonk's and Begin's line way to much.

Could be because of the back to back nights Guy not wanting to over play Koivu and Kovalev, they were still both over 20 mins tonight though.

Playing Bonk's line is good for giving Latendresse experience, and it keeps the top lines fresh. That was always Julien's problem. He'd run the veterans ragged and wouldn't play his rookies enough.

In any case, Kovalev will start scoring soon. He's simply too good a player not to click eventually. He's hit goalposts twice now, which is actually a positive sign: it means he's finding the net. Now it's just a question of getting the bounces.

2 games, 2 points

im not complaining

At least one of those were on the PP with Koivu/Ryder or Higgins, we need him(on his line) to step it up for us to be a competitive Hockey team, not that Samsonov and Higgins don't, but he's clearly the best on that line, and we need him to command it.

Is it me or does he just get nervous when hes in the shootout. It seems he always hits the post or misses just wide. Jagr does the same thing. I think when you are expected to score in the shootout you tense up a bit.

I also wonder did Kovy, Sammy, and Koviu change the curve on their sticks. They mentioned during the game that players can have a bigger curve on their stick this year to make European players more comfortable since they are used to playing with a bigger curve.

Guest Un_Lavalois

Kovalev looked so depressed after he hit the post, I'm sure he went somewhere to get drunk and forget about it. I hope it didnt hurt his confidence and he finds the net pretty soon. For the moment, i'll take the assists! He's on pace for a 82 points season for now WhEEEEW!

Guest StratfordStreak

Kovalev looks awesome out there so far.

If he was playing with Higgins or Koivu on a regular line he'd have 4 or 5 points by now in my opinion.

Is it me or does he just get nervous when hes in the shootout.  It seems he always hits the post or misses just wide.  Jagr does the same thing.  I think when you are expected to score in the shootout you tense up a bit.  

I would think you'd have to be a brick not to feel at least a little pressure in a Penalty Shot. Can you imagine? 20 000 people standing up and watching YOU?

It has to get your thumper going.

Guest Un_Lavalois

Can't blame him for not showing the same "effort" 20 minutes a game then someone who only plays 5-10 minutes. His goal is to contribute offensively and sometimes it's hard because you better believe the other teams are watching him. If those 2 shots where he hit the post went in, he wouldnt be criticized (sp?)

GO KOVY! Hat Trick Tonight!

Guest habsFREAK27

Good game for kovy tonight, I was happy to see him on PK, he used to not be on that shift last year. I haven't seen that since so long!... I remember in pitts he was often in PK, or I am just confused with ny, it's so blury. Anyways what I mean is that it was nice to see him chasing the puckholder in PK, he has enough speed to do that and go back to his position (IF he is not lazy =P).

Nice goal, didn't even took the time to aim carefully and with a player in front of him, top corner, way to go kovy!

Guest habsFREAK27

imo Kovi's interviews on tsn are always long and interesting, not the kind of guy that says "you know" at every 2 seconds, good vocabulary and good points/subjects

Good game for kovy tonight, I was happy to see him on PK, he used to not be on that shift last year. I haven't seen that since so long!... I remember in pitts he was often in PK, or I am just confused with ny, it's so blury. Anyways what I mean is that it was nice to see him chasing the puckholder in PK, he has enough speed to do that and go back to his position (IF he is not lazy =P).

Nice goal, didn't even took the time to aim carefully and with a player in front of him, top corner, way to go kovy!

I believe they are trying to get everyone involved and have everyone get similiar amounts of ice time. You can see Carbo really wants this team to play as a team and not rely on one or two players.

Guest habsFREAK27
I believe they are trying to get everyone involved and have everyone get similiar amounts of ice time.  You can see Carbo really wants this team to play as a team and not rely on one or two players.

yeah true, we all noticed that Carbo wants to use his players in all kind of situations. Also why I think Carbo probably really loves to have Mike Johnson in his roster. Definitly a good acquisition to remplace Zednik, offense/defense

Guest HabsFanInPitt27
imo Kovi's interviews on tsn are always long and interesting, not the kind of guy that says "you know" at every 2 seconds, good vocabulary and good points/subjects

I've always loved listening to his interviews.

lol I noticed that too. Alot of Hockey players throw in

"uh uh uh uh" between each word. He is usually straight forward and doesn't stutter when he talks.

Guest habsFREAK27
lol I noticed that too. Alot of Hockey players throw in  

"uh uh uh uh" between each word. He is usually straight forward and doesn't stutter when he talks.

HAHA dont know if any of you remembers of Marcel hossa. Once he was like YOU KNOW all the time, my firend count more than 14 "you know". GOD it was hilarious, and he was kind of sneezing too haha, anyways!

HAHA dont know if any of you remembers of Marcel hossa. Once he was like YOU KNOW all the time, my firend count more than 14 "you know". GOD it was hilarious, and he was kind of sneezing too haha, anyways!

lol yeah I can just picture that now.

I think it's just being nervous and not thinking straight. Kovalev has more control of himself so he isn't hyper or nervous on camera.

Beautiful goal tonight ( I predicted it in the MN thread 8)

I was worried after those two shottout misses and hitting the posts that he may be getting down on himself but he seems to be taking it all in stride.

Archived