The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

27 Alex Kovalev 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest habsFREAK27
My only complaint tonight about him was how he was so slow entering the offensive zone.

Yeah, I think it's also because maybe on his mind he always want to make sur no one will go in the offensive zone before him while he has the puck, because you never know with Sammy, and you see them beeing very borderline at some times to get in the zone without an offside.

That's why previous games it didn't work very well

@kindred: yep 100% right!

Guest StratfordStreak

It seems to me almost every time Kovy makes a pass in the offensive zone, it's back to a defenceman.

Kovy makes all the moves with the puck to get himself into a good position to shoot or pass, but it's just not working out so far for the most part.

I have to think his linemates can't get themselves open.

I would actually like to see samsonov moved off his line and get a more physical player in there who can either stand in front of the goalie, or muscle himself into the open.

No no this line must remain untouched, its starting to fall into place now, they got a hefty amount of chances tonight, and with the exception of the first 2 minutes of the game, were the most offensively dangerous line we had going all night.

but now back to what i came in this thread for, WHAT A GOAL!

Kovy had under 1 second to fire that puck, he did so without aiming, looking and roofed it, despite being off-balance after the shove he recived from the player covering him, he was still able to scoop it, fire it, and bury it.

awesome stuff from kovy there.

I'd like Kovy to stop passing the puck back to the point and start to dangle out in front of the net where he is all kinds of dangerous. Pleks and Sammy should park themselves near the net for rebounds. Kovalev passing the puck back to the point is like using the Mona Lisa for firewood.

Guest HabsFanInPitt27
gord miller asked him if he was simular to samsonov, he goes my game is a few inches higher lol

His sense of humor cracks me up.

There was a time when he was still in Pitt someone asked him for a signature and he says "I'm not that guy I'm just the janitor."

It seems to me almost every time Kovy makes a pass in the offensive zone, it's back to a defenceman.  

Kovy makes all the moves with the puck to get himself into a good position to shoot or pass, but it's just not working out so far for the most part.

I have to think his linemates can't get themselves open.

I would actually like to see samsonov moved off his line and get a more physical player in there who can either stand in front of the goalie, or muscle himself into the open.

Maybe ryder on the second line?

Higgins - Koivu - Samsonov

Kovalev - Plekanec - Ryder

Guest habinto

Your lines could work. I'm just worried that Ryder may need a playmaker and Koivu is the best playmaker. But Plekanec and Kovy are good too. It may be worth a try. At least we know we have the flexibility to mix things up a bit.

I think it would be hasty and a mistake to touch that first line at this point. If you ask me let the Kovy - Plecs and Sammy line find some chemistry. Give them at least 5 more games. They're all very talented players who want to make it work.

I think you have to give that line some more time to gel and find there chemistry, cause come one they have never all played together and Samsonov is completely new to the team. give it some time and i think they will all come together nicely...Jigger, its weird but i think this is the first time we have actually agreed on something... anyways Kovy's goal last night was crazy...he has some much talent it is unbelievable!!

Guest Firestar

What I would like to see is koivu and kovalev on the first line again.

Remember the beginning of last year, lot of analysts considered them as one of the best nhl duo, it's sad they were separated because of the injuries

I know higgins koivu ryder are great together, but I think it would be the best way for kovy to be as much productive has possible, due to koivu being a great playmaker.

Anyways, I'm sure the second line will begin producing a lot of points soon, they are starting to get a good chemistry and I think it's just a matter of games before they start producing like everyone wants them to be. I'm sure Kovalev will have a 80 points season

And kovy's goal made me damn happy. In my opinion he proved once again that he has one of the best shot / accuracy of the nhl. I just hope he start shooting more in the next games !

Guest Miltie01
What I would like to see is koivu and kovalev on the first line again.

Remember the beginning of last year, lot of analysts considered them as one of the best nhl duo, it's sad they were separated because of the injuries

I know higgins koivu ryder are great together, but I think it would be the best way for kovy to be as much productive has possible, due to koivu being a great playmaker.

Anyways, I'm sure the second line will begin producing a lot of points soon, they are starting to get a good chemistry and I think it's just a matter of games before they start producing like everyone wants them to be. I'm sure Kovalev will have a 80 points season  

And kovy's goal made me damn happy. In my opinion he proved once again that he has one of the best shot / accuracy of the nhl. I just hope he start shooting more in the next games !

Ya that is the thing Let Sammy scamper around and do the magical passing. Kovy needs to get ready and let that thing fly. When they decide that Kovy will be the trigger man, this line will be dynamite.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/214876.html

Kovy wasn't at practice today because he got hurt during yesterday's game. :?

Montreal Canadiens: The Canadiens held a very short practice on Thursday in the wake of their win over Philadelphia last night. Alex Kovalev, however, did not practice. He suffered a charleyhorse sometime in the first period. He said he played through it last night, and that he'll see tomorrow if it feels better. If not, he won't practice, he may even miss Saturday's match-up against the Senators saying there's no point pushing it at this time of year. - TSN

Guest Miltie01
Montreal Canadiens: The Canadiens held a very short practice on Thursday in the wake of their win over Philadelphia last night. Alex Kovalev, however, did not practice. He suffered a charleyhorse sometime in the first period. He said he played through it last night, and that he'll see tomorrow if it feels better. If not, he won't practice, he may even miss Saturday's match-up against the Senators saying there's no point pushing it at this time of year. - TSN

Man we need everyone to have a healthy year for once.I'm hoping Alex will be OK

Archived