The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

27 Alex Kovalev 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Captain Koivu#11
I think it would be hasty and a mistake to touch that first line at this point. If you ask me let the Kovy - Plecs and Sammy line find some chemistry. Give them at least 5 more games. They're all very talented players who want to make it work.

I agree, switching up the first line would be a mistake at this point. Anyway, do we really want to demote Ryder to the second line after the strong start he had this season?

I agree, switching up the first line would be a mistake at this point. Anyway, do we really want to demote Ryder to the second line after the strong start he had this season?
You know... if this was last year I'd be uncertain about Ryder without Koivu providing the two way play to cover up for his lack of defensive prowess... but this year he has shown good hussle and greater speed in both directions and I think a kid line would/could be very exciting to watch and add some spirit of competion with the older established guys... and we wouldn't have to have a line one and a line two... we could have a one-A and one-B setup featuring equal time for equal value!

bw6

yeah but i wouldn't be as worried about Kovalev then Liddle, i know liddle said he knew what he was doing to the NY press the other week but Kovalev has been flying a lot longer then liddle.. think about 10 yrs or so, compared to only 1...

didnt say i was worried, just posting the article

Why don't Kovalev celebrate his goals? He looks almost mad when he scores..

i agree!!! where's the kiss to the crowd or the double fist pump of the olden days?

Guest lecavalierrocks

I heard he once did the moonwalk too :s...not the Kovy I know lollll But yeah It would be nice...I loved the way they would celebrate a goal in the playoffs...every goal should be "celebrated" because its one step further to the cup in my opinion!!!

Guest habsFREAK27

that's how kovalev is if you've been watching him since a long time, when he wants too he does. Especially when he is happy :D

Yes he did the moonwalk, I was so laughing when I saw it on the games highlights years ago. It was for a hat trick

Guest HabsFanInPitt27

When I first saw him do it I thought he lost his mind. I think my exact words were "What the heck is he doing?" He has to do it for guys so that ya'll can see it. I've seen it twice and laugh every time I see it done.

I can't go into the mind of Kovalev, but I can take a stab at it. I'd say at that time in Pittsburgh when he was celebrating his goals a lot he was having a career year so he could relax and enjoy himself. Right now he expects himself to score a lot more so when he doesn't he isn't happy enough to celebrate the goals he does score. If he were to go on a good scoring streak or have a hat trick I'm sure he would celebrate it.

Guest BoomBoomGeoffrion
I don't want to see him do the moonwalk :D

I agree. I would like to invoke one of the greatest athletes of all time, Jerry Rice. When he would score a touchdown he didn't do the worm or any crazy crap. He would give the football to the referee, and go line up again. The idea is "act like you've been there a million times before, not like this is the only time you'll ever score in your life." To me, that's the mark of a true professional. One who doesn't hot-dog or go crazy or act stupid.

It's the regular season. We've got a long way to go, and when he scores in the playoffs, then he will celebrate. He's acting like scoring goals is his job--and it is.

I used to hot dog it too, "sheathing the sword" and crap like that. Then I grew up and now I raise my stick, give a hgh five to my teammates, and go try to do it again.

I agree. I would like to invoke one of the greatest athletes of all time, Jerry Rice. When he would score a touchdown he didn't do the worm or any crazy crap. He would give the football to the referee, and go line up again. The idea is "act like you've been there a million times before, not like this is the only time you'll ever score in your life." To me, that's the mark of a true professional. One who doesn't hot-dog or go crazy or act stupid.  

It's the regular season. We've got a long way to go, and when he scores in the playoffs, then he will celebrate. He's acting like scoring goals is his job--and it is.  

I used to hot dog it too, "sheathing the sword" and crap like that. Then I grew up and now I raise my stick, give a hgh five to my teammates, and go try to do it again.

Words of wisdom my friend.

You know... if this was last year I'd be uncertain about Ryder without Koivu providing the two way play to cover up for his lack of defensive prowess... but this year he has shown good hussle and greater speed in both directions and I think a kid line would/could be very exciting to watch and add some spirit of competion with the older established guys... and we wouldn't have to have a line one and a line two... we could have a one-A and one-B setup featuring equal time for equal value!

bw6

I dunno, our #1 line is one of the best lines in the league, they just look awesome. And with Samsonov and Kovalev on line 2, we already have a true 1a/1b system.

Archived